What Is Up With The Service In This Country?!!

Topic locked
Apr 20, 2008
traveller wrote:Reviewer.
Wrong again !! YOU engaged me ! Check back and see the mote in thine own eye!!.....The one THAT WORKS!!!!

You've been looking too much at the mirror lately and you're shocked .with what you saw....your alter...eggs...(not worth the word ego)

reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2008
Traveller is hilarious. Please do not ban him.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2008
traveller wrote:With insulting dicks , like XP clone working out there you can keep the place.
UK newspaper readers will be very interested in the sort of ignoramus that is being attracted from the UK to work out in Dubai.
XP clone seems to have his nose in everything on this forum.
He needs to learn GOOD MANNERS!!
Get a life! Pal!!

Hmmm Interesting thought, but did you stop to think that maybe the reason poor people like XP are coming to Dubai, is that they're being done out of jobs in the UK, by all the cretins that we keep on letting in?! We're sick and tired of our own country being over-run, so we thought we'd all move and take over someone else's.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 21, 2008
maximusprime wrote:
jwvgoethe wrote:you are a good story teller buddy

the bank story worries me far more than sloppy food service thou. i trust things are not at the point of ~ "ya, maybe we will wire your payment to your supplier...but maybe not" hahaha

...crossing fingers things are better organized in the free trade zones... (??) :)

Thanks,
the bank story gets better. On saturday I was informed that my loan will be put on hold because my salary certificate did not specify whether the figure was per annum or per month. As far as Jafza is concerned, from my experience with them, they are just as much of a waste of time, space and air as the bank workers are. T.I.D. I suppose (this is Dubai), not much we can do about it.

welcome.

perhaps i will go to RAK..
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 21, 2008
gtmash wrote:

the bank story worries me far more than sloppy food service thou. i trust things are not at the point of ~ "ya, maybe we will wire your payment to your supplier...but maybe not" hahaha

...crossing fingers things are better organized in the free trade zones... (??) :)

I heard JAFZA is run by the most incompetent people ever. Like how it takes a year to get a trade licence for a shop in International City, or how it takes eight months to get electricity for your office in JAFZA itself.

well thanks for passing that along.

any thoughts on Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAKFTZ)? appreciate it
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 21, 2008
gtmash wrote:

I heard JAFZA is run by the most incompetent people ever. Like how it takes a year to get a trade licence for a shop in International City, or how it takes eight months to get electricity for your office in JAFZA itself.

well thanks for passing that along.

any thoughts on Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAKFTZ)? appreciate it
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 21, 2008
I refer to XPclone and chocoholic butts in ! Did I say anything to Choc?
This is MEANT to be the world-wide web , with people from the USA, China, Oz, Brazil , Pakistan reading this[ even if they say nothing!. ]
Are they amongst your "cretins" chocoholic?
People world-wide can all read the parochial, cliquey outpourings of some of the racist bigots that have fled to Dubai.
Do you think that this......the INTERNATIONAL NETWORK.....is a private club for a handful of you ? Dream on!!
Give my regards to Goebbels!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
This is a public forum - which means anyone can post. This means anyone even you. Nobody is butting in on your posts, they are posting this is how it works.

Step very carefully buddy. There have been no racist comments on here and they will not be tolerated. Don't start accusing people of being so!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2008
Exactly, I was not butting in! I was merely stating that you are ignorant of the ins and outs of this country, when many of us have lived here for years on end. We know how things work here, and yes there are many amazing things about this places, there are also alot of not so good things. But that happens everywhere.

And why shouldn't we move? Heck there's nothing left for us in our own country anymore, that's not being racist, it's a fact, it's highlighted everyday in the papers, in online groups etc.

Why don't you concentrate on those issues Traveller, instead of butting into issues in a place where you don't live!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 21, 2008
:cry: :cry: :cry:

no gold souks in this thread

boo hoo

:lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 21, 2008
traveller wrote:I refer to XPclone and chocoholic butts in ! Did I say anything to Choc?
This is MEANT to be the world-wide web , with people from the USA, China, Oz, Brazil , Pakistan reading this[ even if they say nothing!. ]
Are they amongst your "cretins" chocoholic?
People world-wide can all read the parochial, cliquey outpourings of some of the racist bigots that have fled to Dubai.
Do you think that this......the INTERNATIONAL NETWORK.....is a private club for a handful of you ? Dream on!!
Give my regards to Goebbels!

Its ok people he's Welsh :P

Probably a Chav from Swansea

He wont like it here anyway as they only like to play with sheep. They will have to change their technique for playing with Camels ie having to use a step ladder - it probably accounts why there are very few Welsh in Dubai with the exception of one or 2 ehhhhhhhh Chocs :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
I'm not Welsh! I just used to live there! The welsh are ok, work with a couple at the mo. Depends where they're from.

But yes no sheep here to keep him happy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: What is up with the service in this country?!! Apr 21, 2008
maximusprime wrote:Just a rant:
I find the level of ineficiency in this country to be absolutely astounding. Try going out to eat with a group of 4 or more. You would think it was rocket surgery or something. Dont get me wrong, I was a waiter once, I know what its like but there are simple rules like, bring the drinks out first, bring everyones food at the same time etc. I got some Thai food the other day. The last time I ate there I ordered it spicy and it didnt quite make the cut. This time I said make it VERY SPICY thinking that if it was anything like last time it would come back medium at best. Well guess what, they actually got it that time. It was spicy all right!!! As the sweat began to pour and my face lit up like a jackolantern I reached for my drink, the one I ordered about 20 minutes ago. Wait a minute, that damn waiter never brought it! Where is he? In a panic I started waiving my arms, "Boss!" i yelled. " I need my drink pronto!". "Yes sir, right away sir". "Just stay cool" I thought "dont panic, he'll be back in a second". He came back all right, with a pen and paper to take the next tables order! Furious, I stood up. "Buddy! Im friggin Dyin over here! I really need some water". " Oh yes, right away". He dissapeared again... and never came back. I swear he was enjoying this. I stood up and staggerred into the restaurant. My eyes were filled with tears, my nose dripping snot, my mouth red and hanging open. As I entered, I tripped on the fan cord, pulling the fan into the hostess stand knocking it over and sending crayons rolling everywhere. I fell on a table full of nicely dressed english women splattering their red duck curry all over the place. Just then the waiter comes out carying not my drink but the pad thai that the rest of my table had ordered. I looked up, still dazed from the chaos to see that I had been betrayed once again. I began to try to stand up to strangle him when he slipped on the crayons and his foot hit me square in the jaw. As I woke up, and my vision returned, I saw several people standing around, in the middle was a strange yellowish blob. It started moving. "What is that" I tried to say but before I could, it fell and hit me right in the face. It was my friends pad thai! It had stuck to the cieling when the waiter slipped! Embarrased, and ashamed, I left. I never did get my drink. I still have hot recovered my sense of taste or smell, and my hair smells like scrambled eggs.

Tried opening a bank account. I have been trying for 3 weeks with Standard Chartered to get a bank account open. My god! the application was delayed for 2 weeks because the person to forgot to fill out the "Land Mark" field for my home adress back in the US. When I finally got there to correct the problem and found out that that was the only thing wrong, I nearly lost it. Landmark? are you kidding me? I know they cant seem to get the concept of a postal address here but in the states, the postal service actually works. You write down the address, and guess what: it gets there! There is no "go 4 Km past the big dune and make a left at the camel". So anyway, they told me 3 days, 4 go by, then they say tomorrow, I call the next day and they say 3 more days "Inshallah". Thats the word of the day folks. It might as well be the national slogan. It basically means " yea maybe it will get done maybe it wont, I dont care either way so shove it". Inshallah I wont have an aneurism next time I talk to these people!

Anyway, thats my rant for the day. I feel much better now.

hehehehe!! well service wise dubai I am sorry is not great at all. Well I never had any incident out in a hotel and crap but banks buddy. I worked for a call center for around a yr in standard chartered. U need help let me know cuz I know exaclt whats goin on there. If u gotta salary over 8 grand then go for LLOYDS tsb not even barclays is good enough. I hope u plan to close down ur scb account. If u want my advice that is. If u wanna know whats goin on then please feel free to contact me and we can meet lol. But scb please no ways!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2008
Here we go!! No racism or any bigotry in Dubai amongst you lot? What a joke!! You are hypocrites!!
[1] XPClone says he will leave if "chavs" arrive. Not biased ,of course!
[2] One of you said about "cretins" being left into the UK.......from where do the cretins come ?
[3] Arniegang shows his true colours by getting racist about the Welsh. I was waiting for the anti-Welsh racism and all the tired old sheep jokes.

It might surprise you all to know that the Welsh are the ORIGINAL British who inhabited England for a 1000 YEARS before the English, who were GERMANS, arrived from their native north Germany, around Jutland, Angul [hence the word English] and Saxony in the 5th century AFTER the Romans had left Britain .
WEALAS or WALES is the GERMAN word for "Romanised foreigners". In other words, the Germans or English who came here after the Roman left in AD410 called the BRITISH.... "Romanised foreigners" or WELSH.
The Welsh had also inhabited Scotland[most of it]. The Scots came from Ulster in the 5th century.
So when Hadrian built his Wall in 1st / 2nd century ,he split WELSH SPEAKER from WELSH SPEAKER, because the Scots were in Ireland and the English in Germany.
The oldest existing Welsh poetry, Y Gododdin by Aneirin ,was composed in the Welsh speaking kingdom around Gododdin , known as Din Eidin [ now Edinburgh] circa AD 600. The Roman term for Gododdin was Votadini.
In the south, Welsh speaking Boudicca/Boadicea fought the Romans. Her real name was Buddug, from which we get the Welsh word buddugoliaeth meaning Victory. So Boudicca in English is Victoria [from the Latin].

Half the place-names of England and Scotland are Welsh. DOVER[Dyfr] is Welsh for WATER; MORECAMBE[ mor cam] is Welsh for CURVED SEA: MALVERN [ Moel fryn] is Welsh for BARE HILL ; GLASGOW [ glas gau] is Welsh for GREEN HOLLOW ; PERTH is Welsh for HEDGE or THICKET;
MELROSE [ moel rhos] is BARE MOORLAND ; AVON [afon] means RIVER;
DERWENT [ dwr wen] is CLEAR WATER.
I could go on and on.
The SCOTS were GAELS or IRISH , who arrived in the Mull of Kintyre AFTER the Romans left Britain. They spoke Gaelic.....a Q Celtic language. The Welsh spoke BRITISH or Brythonic a P Celtic language related to Cornish and Breton [ BRETON=BRITISH!!]

William Wallace was the great grandson of Richard Walays [ Ricardo Walenses in Latin] , meaning Richard the Welshman. Hence WALLACE means WELSH , as does WALSH in Ireland and WAUGH in Northumberland.
As the Saxons arrived , Welsh enclaves in England were called WEAL TUN, now Walton, "town of the Welsh" or WEALAS EY, now Wallasey or "island of the Welsh" or CORN WEALAS, now Cornwall " The Welsh of the corn or horn or peninsula".
To go back to Wallace; he never wore a kilt, because he was not a Highlander/Gael. He was from Elderslie , Ayrshire. Ayr is similar to Welsh Aeron. He was from a wealthy family, not born in a Highland bothy.
Braveheart twists history. Edward 1st and 2nd spoke FRENCH, not English, because FRENCH , not English, was the language of England's ruling classes for 300 years from 1066.
In what is NOW, Scotland, the last Welsh speaking king of Strath clyde/Ystrad Clud was OWAIN FOEL [Owen the Bald] who died in 1086. The capital of Strathclyde was Dumbarton or Dun Bhreatain , the fort of the BRITONS, and the Britons were the Welsh speakers!!

So the Welsh are the original British!!
One friend , on being told that the Welsh were Sheepsha**ers, said ...................." We are not NOW! But we were 2000 years ago!! Where do you think the English come from??"

As for the Welsh of Dubai; I come from only a small town. One guy from here has been a top civil engineer there for 14 yrs; one female from here was a night-club singer for years and now does kids shows out there and the 3rd guy from my town sold his business for £25 million and moved to Dubai for 5 years, 2 years ago, to avoid the tax bill.
When I was in Dubai, I met two other bankers from Cardiff.
Go and tell that lot that they are sheepsha**ers!!!
Say it to Joe Calzaghe's face!! Say it Swansea City who are Champions of their division!! Say it to Cardiff City who are in the FA cup final !! Say it to the Ospreys who won the rugby cup against Leicester !! Say it to the Welsh Rugby team, who HAMMERED England and won the Grand Slam!!

NOT BAD FOR A RACE OF SHEEP-SHA**ERS !!!!!!!! BAAAAAAHH!!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
You are quite possibly the most boring person I have ever met on a forum. Far too much time on your hands and googling a bit too much as well.

You're just making things worse for yourself, people will really think you are a loser now.

zzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2008
How do you give a welshman a hard on??

Show him a bottle of Mint Sauce, a sheepskin coat and go bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

arniegang

Apr 22, 2008
um, RAKFTZ? :)
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 22, 2008
XP clone,
You have just displayed your lack of historical knowledge and education, so you can only come up with ..."boring". Very erudite!
You obviously know NOTHING about your own nation. I'm ashamed that people like you are my fellow countrymen.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised ,because you have abandoned Wales.

Arniegang,
Your anti-Welsh racism is getting you deeper into that grave you're digging!!
You do not even have the GUMPTION to realise that you have just grossly insulted XP clone.........as well as 3 MILLION PLUS other Welsh people !! Some of them will be getting back to you!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
jwvgoethe wrote:um, RAKFTZ? :)

Ok, party-pooper. :lol: Be careful of extra fees at RAKFTZ. All their touting about advertised low costs is bull. Read the fine print on their form and the costs add up for stuff like phones and mailboxes.

However, if you plan to open a gold shop, your google search for "Dubai Gold Souq" will end you up on this site.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: What is up with the service in this country?!! Apr 22, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:
hehehehe!! well service wise dubai I am sorry is not great at all. Well I never had any incident out in a hotel and crap but banks buddy. I worked for a call center for around a yr in standard chartered. U need help let me know cuz I know exaclt whats goin on there. If u gotta salary over 8 grand then go for LLOYDS tsb not even barclays is good enough. I hope u plan to close down ur scb account. If u want my advice that is. If u wanna know whats goin on then please feel free to contact me and we can meet lol. But scb please no ways!!

Hey thanks, finally got the account open but now i'm dealing with getting a loan. Would you beleve I have had to get 3 salary letters by now? Th 1st wasnt good enough because it didnt specify whether my salary was per year or per month or per week, hour, minute etc as if that would really make a difference. I only wish I made that much per week. Inshallah I will be driving within the century! I have heard emirates and hsbc are very good. I will go for them next time.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
Max

I can personally vouch for Lloyds TSB, they are my business bankers in the UK and i bank with them in Dubai. Your nearest branch is on Al Wasl Road mate.
arniegang

Apr 22, 2008
arniegang wrote:Max

I can personally vouch for Lloyds TSB, they are my business bankers in the UK and i bank with them in Dubai. Your nearest branch is on Al Wasl Road mate.

Thanks arnie,
I'll check them out when I go for a mortgage :) I can only imagin the fun I will have then.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
er a mortgage :?

mate, they are a brit bank and as such they are sensible because unlike the ME Banks they have been there done it and got the t-shirt. You will be lucky to get more than an 80% mortgage with them.
arniegang

Apr 22, 2008
Is there anyway that we can block 'traveller'. It is a waste of mine, and everybody elses time to read the ignorant jargon that he posts on the forum pages. If only he had a quarter of the knowledge as he did time to waste he might be able to do something other than 'free lance' in his own personal journal at night about how much he would like to live in Dubai but isn't talented enough to...
Chazarelli
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 22, 2008
nooooooooooooooo Traveller is top class entertainment

arniegang

Apr 22, 2008
dubai is arabic for incompetance.. you can go 2 ways about it.

watch and laugh

or pull your hair out.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 22, 2008
How's Noor Islamic Bank? has anyone worked with them?
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 22, 2008
Yeah I do believe that the systems over here are disfunctional
Most of them are corrupt I mean they accept bribe(as in vaasta or contacts)
Even though the whole realestate market is controlled and pumped by black money as there are no taxes or regulations.
But calling dubai a third world country or a developing country would be certainly wrong
Its a third world country with
The tallest tower in the world
Worlds Most expensive Projects
Worlds Most expensive Horse Race
Worlds Most expensive Planes deals and Airshow

It's a country with some of the most expensive cars on the world that too in quantities Bugatti, Maybach, Ferrari Spiders, Mercedes Special Made(ordered) AMG, Specail Ordered Lexuses and the list goes on
How many of these do you see in your country.

And they call dubai third world country.(even though I hate it , I have to admit that its not a Third world country)
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 22, 2008
Chazarelli wrote:Is there anyway that we can block 'traveller'. It is a waste of mine, and everybody elses time to read the ignorant jargon that he posts on the forum pages. If only he had a quarter of the knowledge as he did time to waste he might be able to do something other than 'free lance' in his own personal journal at night about how much he would like to live in Dubai but isn't talented enough to...

Hehe, this dude signed up just to request traveller to be banned!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 22, 2008
deadlife wrote:Yeah I do believe that the systems over here are disfunctional
Most of them are corrupt I mean they accept bribe(as in vaasta or contacts)
Even though the whole realestate market is controlled and pumped by black money as there are no taxes or regulations.
But calling dubai a third world country or a developing country would be certainly wrong
Its a third world country with
The tallest tower in the world
Worlds Most expensive Projects
Worlds Most expensive Horse Race
Worlds Most expensive Planes deals and Airshow

It's a country with some of the most expensive cars on the world that too in quantities Bugatti, Maybach, Ferrari Spiders, Mercedes Special Made(ordered) AMG, Specail Ordered Lexuses and the list goes on
How many of these do you see in your country.

And they call dubai third world country.(even though I hate it , I have to admit that its not a Third world country)

Many of those points apply to China too. Tall buildings and some expensive cars don't mean much.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat