Salary Info

Topic locked
Salary Info Dec 20, 2005
Topic Closed.

vikasacharya

Dec 21, 2005
Hey bud, How are you planning to survive with saving $500 and livining in Dubai with just $453/month? Dubai is a very expensive place unless you do as follows:

Accommodation at Sharjah > Sleep on the sidewalk.
Accommodation at Bar Dubai > Sleep on the sidewalk.
Accommodation at Deira > Sleep on the sidewalk.

By the way, didn't you say in your msg, accoommodation is paid for by the company?

Electricity & Water > Don't take shower at all and use candles at night.

Foods per day
o Qty 3 Tea > Use one teabag and save it for your second and third cup daily
o Qty 2 Breakfast > First of all, why do you need 2 breakfasts? Why don't you eat both breakfast at the same time? Are you really obese?
o Qty 1 Lunch > Go to lunch with your buddies and have them pay for you.
o Qty 1 Dinner > Find a rich girlfriend who can take you out for dinner every night and cook the desert (with you) for free at home.

By the way, didn't you say in your msg, food is paid for by the company?

Conveyance - Qty 1 Side
Conveyance from Sharjah to Emaar > Hitch Hike
Conveyance from Bar Dubai to Emaar > Hitch Hike
Conveyance from Deira to Emaar > Hitch Hike

By the way, didn't you say in your msg, Conveyance is paid for by the company?

Medical Allowance > Go to the public clinic for free

Laundry & Utilities > Wash clothes once every month.

Kindly include other cost which I am unware of.

Did you forget, you will be going back to India some day? You will be buying airline ticket and gifts for your mother, father, sisters, brothers, all aunts, unclues, nephews, neighbours and there parents and there brothers and sisters. All the money that you saved up for the whole year is now down the drain.

Please consider and advise. Thanks in advance.

Advise: Don't go to Dubai and just stay put where you are.
casual7131
Dubai Forum Guest

Salary Info Dec 21, 2005
Topic Closed.
vikasacharya

Dec 21, 2005
K, Here is my 2 fils.

Read this article
http://www.grapeshisha.com/grapeshisha8.html
You would be making 400% more than these souls and they are able to save money yet there are expats here that make 1000% what you are being offered and can't save a dime.

If you read many of the articles on this forum you'll see DXB can be as cheap or as expensive as you want.

Try to swing for as much money as you can because DXB companies aren't exactly known for giving raises so get as much as you can up front but at the end of the day you need to decide what is uprooting your life worth, what are your options back in your country? What do you really want to achieve here?

Anyway just some food for thought, good luck in what you decide.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 21, 2005
i agree with fayz...deifnately also try and renegotiate your terms and monies...as 3500 is really less...and say you get a shared accomodation for 800-1000/ aed per month...transport by bus (at least 400 a month)...food another 1000-1500/per month...you could perhaps save 500/600 AED per month...or if you really are careful and further cut down on your food allowance and eat and cook at home maybe another 200 AED...but would your quality of life be good...that depends on wht situation you are in now (in india i assume)...if you are able to save up even 600/700 AED per month its quite a lot compared to in india...but my advice to you would be to try and push your present salary by at least 30% more...another big question...who's paying for your flight ticket and medicals if any?...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Salary Info Dec 21, 2005
Topic Closed.
vikasacharya

Salary Info Dec 21, 2005
Topic Closed.
vikasacharya

Dec 22, 2005
vikas
let me put it this way...if your present salary in india is 7500 rupees...then you should definately consider moving to dubai...BUT you should try and really TRY and negotiate your salary a bit higher...yes you can stay at 800 p m as paying guest...i guess if you are not a drinker/smoker and dont go out...you can perhaps save up more...but make sure the employer is genuine and is taking care of everything for you from sorting out visas to sending you the plane ticket...you shouldnt have to pay for anything...and when you come ...innitially are they putting you up somewhere or has someone arranged anything for you for the 1st week or so...do you know anyone you can stay with etc...bring savings with you..as there are a million things you will need to take care of and dubai isnt chep for innitial set up...that means getting a calling card/mobile line...to call home...my other advice would be to stay as close to work as you possibly can...and all the best!!!
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Salary Info Dec 22, 2005
Topic Closed.
vikasacharya

Cost of living in Dubai Dec 23, 2005
Hi, I just returned to the UK after having my work " Terminated" at short notice. I worked out that I must have earned £80,000 pounds plus!!! I arrived in UK with 60 pounds in my pocket!!! But I did enjoy my stay. I'll be back!!!!!!
JJSmith
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted