BBC Presenter

Topic locked
BBC Presenter Dec 08, 2005
I'm a female Presenter for both radio and TV, mainly for the BBC and am looking to relocate to the UAE. I have 2 "Sony Awards" under my belt for outstanding programme making, and wondered if anyone knows of any media organisations who might be looking for an energetic, hard working and dedicated employee.

jodesylva
Dubai Forum Guest

his masters voice Dec 17, 2005
take a look at this website, media city is a freezone in dubai, catering for broadcasting, film and advertising sectors. i'm sure if you cruise the directory you'll be able to pick up a few leads ...

http://www.dubaimediacity.com/main/index.html

for a media presenter... your spelling is just as bad as mine "hard working and dedicater employee" :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 18, 2005
Lol....that will teach me not to get too excited, and to use a spell checker before I post. Thank you for replying. Do you work at the media Village?
jodesylva
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 18, 2005
no, but i work close by on shiekh zayed road

i'm quiet surprised that with a reference like that you haven't been snapped up a a small african or south american country .... it did kind of look like you were an unemployed dictator... :))
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 19, 2005
Well I've always thought I'd look good in ermine robes..... I just decided at the end of last year I wanted a change, and thought Dubai would be a good one. I haven't sent my c.v anywhere yet, and like a good producer I thought the more research i did before I applied the better. I'm hoping to come out to Dubai around the 22nd Jan. I've heard that people out there like you to make a real effort. What is it you do? Tell me a little more about the country.
jodesylva
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 20, 2005
jodesylva wrote:Well I've always thought I'd look good in ermine robes..... I just decided at the end of last year I wanted a change, and thought Dubai would be a good one. I haven't sent my c.v anywhere yet, and like a good producer I thought the more research i did before I applied the better. I'm hoping to come out to Dubai around the 22nd Jan. I've heard that people out there like you to make a real effort. What is it you do? Tell me a little more about the country.

BBC World does have an office in Media City(not Village..LOL)..you can try to get hold of them on this number +97143678090 and probably send your CV..or there are other companies here as well that will def be interested.

As for me..well I work in Media City, but cant spill too much right now :oops:

Good luck!

LLTT
LookingLondonTalkingTokyo
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 22, 2005
BBC offices for production are based outta singapore...if you are looking into news positions...your best bet in dubai would be CNN/Reuters/CNBC..i think CNN and CNBC are in dubai media city...if you go to the website you can get thier main board mumbers...if you are not specifically looking to relocate to dubai then Bloomberg/CNN/CNBC/ATV world/STAR News would be your best options in hong kong...and in singapore BBC/CNBC/Channel news Asia would be your best options...i have ranked them according to best paymasters in hong kong and singapore...Bloomberg is amazing!!...they have daily breakfast which would put the grand hyatt to shame...and its free!!!...and no i do not work for a news organization...am in entertainment so i can poke fun at you guys!!(all me best mates are from news though :wink: )
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted