My Daughter Just Graduated Valedictorian!

Topic locked
My Daughter Just Graduated Valedictorian! Mar 31, 2008

To my online buddies and friends,
please allow me a personal moment here.

I have some great news concerning my eldest daughter!

My Little Girl, The Apple of My Eye,
One of the Reasons for My Being,
My Closeness - My Soulmate,

just graduated from the elementary level,
and at the top of her class - Valedictorian!

*some pics here, friends!

:D :D :D

AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2008
Hey..Congratulations to your kid and to you as well. Hope she keep up the good work. :wav:

CHEERS :D
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 31, 2008
Congratulations!

I can see some beers and pulutan for celebrations.

It feels good to make any parents proud. Seeing her medals made me recall year 1997, my high school graduation. My parents were happy with much sigh of relief, because they will no longer dip their hands into their pocket to pay for my college education. I hope she will continue to excel in every field of her interests and passions. For sure brighter future is ahead of her.

I hope all children, who're left at home by they parents to work aboard, can make their parents proud and happy, and to make the long absence in order to provide for the family & children more meaningful.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
@reviewer & scy:

Much thanks, my friends!

Indeed, it was a happy day for all of us!

Again, much thanks for the warm wishes, friends!

:)
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2008
Congratulations!! a great news indeed!! Wishing her a very bright future!
raina
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
:hello1: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

Congratulations!

:angel13:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
Thank you very much for the warm wishes, my friend!

raina wrote:Congratulations!! a great news indeed!! Wishing her a very bright future!
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2008
Much thanks, my friend!

All the best!

quatroporte wrote::hello1: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

Congratulations!

:angel13:
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2008
i hope she continues on her path and grows up to spread her knowledge and touch every life she crosses path with - it is a great feeling to have such successful offspring.

congratulations and best of luck for her future.

PS - start applying for scholarships.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 31, 2008
Congrats to your daughter.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 31, 2008
Congrats :)
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 31, 2008
Ha ha ha! She has received a number of scholarship proposals from different schools, my friend!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

ebonics wrote:i hope she continues on her path and grows up to spread her knowledge and touch every life she crosses path with - it is a great feeling to have such successful offspring.

congratulations and best of luck for her future.

PS - start applying for scholarships.
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2008
Maraming salamat, kaibigan!

(Thank you, my friend!)

Galactico wrote:Congrats :)
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2008
congratulations to you and your family, you must be a very proud father
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 01, 2008
Yes, I am proud of her and my other kids, my friend.

Thanks, arniegang!

AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2008
Congratulations but I am going to go out on a limb here.

Don't you think you are putting too high an expectation on your young daughter and yourselves with the posts, etc. (which she might see, etc.). And pressure on your other children...

I say it only because I know many parents who "burn out" their children with huge expectations which are often too much for the kids to bear and then the kids revel (regardless of their inherent talent)...

As I said, Contratulations...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
Concord wrote:Don't you think you are putting too high an expectation on your young daughter and yourselves with the posts, etc. (which she might see, etc.). And pressure on your other children...

I say it only because I know many parents who "burn out" their children with huge expectations which are often too much for the kids to bear and then the kids revel (regardless of their inherent talent)...

Isnt this a catch 22 situation. Whilst what you said is valid. How else would you praise and encourage children (or even adults) when they succeed. And then they succeed, continual encouragement and support are still pertinent to their growth.

When there is goal, there is expectation. With that hopefully you go through the right process and achieve your goal. Once you achieve the goal, you move on to the next level. Additional encouragement and support would be helpful. Its a cycle.

Happy April's Fool by the way !!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
Concord wrote:Don't you think you are putting too high an expectation on your young daughter and yourselves with the posts, etc. (which she might see, etc.). And pressure on your other children...

Isnt this a catch 22 situation. Whilst what you said is valid. How else would you praise and encourage children (or even adults) when they succeed. And then they succeed, continual encouragement and support are still pertinent to their growth.

When there is goal, there is expectation. With that hopefully you go through the right process and achieve your goal. Once you achieve the goal, you move on to the next level. Additional encouragement and support would be helpful. Its a cycle.

Happy April's Fool by the way !!!

I did not mean "no praise" or "encouragement". I just thought it was a bit over the top. If I read that from one of my parents I would be kind of embarrased by it all... But that is just coming from a Kids perspective <<<
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
Concord wrote:I did not mean "no praise" or "encouragement". I just thought it was a bit over the top. If I read that from one of my parents I would be kind of embarrased by it all... But that is just coming from a Kids perspective <<<

Slight diversion. How do you praise & encourage your dog? :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
Concord wrote:I did not mean "no praise" or "encouragement". I just thought it was a bit over the top. If I read that from one of my parents I would be kind of embarrased by it all... But that is just coming from a Kids perspective <<<

Steel toe shoes :P
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
Concord wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

:shock: :shock: but thats animal cruelty. cant imagine it to be comfy in steel shoes - human or pet
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
Concord wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

:shock: :shock: but thats animal cruelty. cant imagine it to be comfy in steel shoes - human or pet

You missed it...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
Thank you for your concerns, my friend.

I think the speech given by my daughter sums up her outlook on life, my friend.

I'm proud of her and all my children. They have a great love for learning and helping others. They are my real treasures.

Concord wrote:Congratulations but I am going to go out on a limb here.

Don't you think you are putting too high an expectation on your young daughter and yourselves with the posts, etc. (which she might see, etc.). And pressure on your other children...

As I said, Contratulations...
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2008
hey congrats tell her to keep up the good work heheh and now u can rub other parents face and show off about ur daugther.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2008
So...did you sign up on this forum just to publicise your daughter?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 02, 2008
No, my friend. I signed up for the forum about 1-2 months ago if memory serves me right.

I'm just sharing my joy with some of my online buddies and all.

gtmash wrote:So...did you sign up on this forum just to publicise your daughter?
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 02, 2008
gtmash wrote:
So...did you sign up on this forum just to publicise your daughter?

be that as it may, being a proud parent is normal especially that she achieved the highest award in her school. It's like congratulating your child in a newspaper. I don't have a kid but i have dogs. And when they followed my command the first time... boy was i so proud of them and i told all of my friends about it including my neighbour who hates them... i don't think she listened tho :P

AnitoKid
Congratulations to your daughter by the way :D
Ragdoll
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 02, 2008
@ragdoll:

Much thanks, my friend.

And thank you for understanding.

AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 02, 2008
Congrats kabayan! Now, don't ever think letting her go here to find a job after college huh! :wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Apr 02, 2008
I hope she stays and works in our country, kabayan.

The truth is, I wanted her to go to Philippine Sci for high school, but when she learned how far the school is from our place, nakiusap siya na wag dun. I asked her why.

She said, "I don't want to be far from you, Dad. Please."

I will never forget this moment friends...

pinoy1 wrote:Congrats kabayan! Now, don't ever think letting her go here to find a job after college huh! :wink:
AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat