http://www.youtubeislam.com/view_video. ... 51a474b381

hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 28, 2008
I'm pretty much convinced. thanks dude
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 28, 2008
Oh please the ancient Egyptians and Greeks knew all this before for Koran was written.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 28, 2008
Not a very convincing argument - I was hoping for something with more depth and weight.

It presumes that most Atheists adhere to the big bang theory (if they don't it fails from there on in) - Belief in the big bang is not a pre-requisite to Atheism (although it is largely with Scientists who have studied it and have led them to view the universe in such a way). The main difference is that an Atheist does not believe in a Personal God.

But one point he makes is true and there is a common ground; There are thousands of gods in the world's religions all of which he would not believe in apart from one - I just believe in one less then him so we can agree on that.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Feb 28, 2008
To be honest with you JJ, I really just don't care. I have my belief and others have theirs, what I;m sick and tired of is people trying to convince me of something, which quite frankly I just have no interest in.

Life's too short! Just live it!

And what really ticks me off, is that if people choose to believe in God, a God, lots of Gods, whatever, then why this supreme being would great something as pathetic, disgusting and destructive as the human race, because to be honest we all need exterminating for the crimes and actions against one another, other species, the planet we live on and so forth.

A supreme b eing would either destroy everything or turn it's back on us in shame for their creation and no amount of praying, head banging, kneeling, chanting, whatever will change that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 29, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Oh please the ancient Egyptians and Greeks knew all this before for Koran was written.

The first point he raised was the big bang. Then he also talks about the universe expanding.

To my knowledge, both these concepts only entered science in the 20th century (and even Einstein didn't believe the universe was expanding - but later changed his mind) and weren't known to Egyptians and Greeks.

But if I have missed some literature that shows they were aware of this or believed in the big bang and expansion of the universe, I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

The other points regarding science (except embryology, which again I think was only confirmed in the 20th century) may have been observed by scientists before hand.

I wouldn't use the fact that the Quran was right on these topics as proof it is written by God, but for those that believe in the Quran's claims the fact science backs up the descriptions in the Quran is an extra 'convincer'.

The Nobel Laureate for Physics in 1979 - Professor Abus Salaam of Pakistan is on record saying that he checked all his theoretical physics work and theories with the Quranic explanations of the universe. He came up with an explanation/theory which unified two of the fundamental forces of nature, and one that was confirmed by experimentation later.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic said :
Life's too short! Just live it!

I agree with you ; It is the nature of every person to seek happiness.

Some people strive to seek material happiness in this world away from religion, thinking that this is the true happiness. But this kind of happiness will be succeeded by pain and sorrow at the Day of Judgment, and its people will know that their striving led them only to misery and not happiness.

While others know that the true way to happiness is to obey God and follow His religion. For them the pleasures and riches of the world are of little consequence. When this happiness penetrates and fills the heart of the believer he does in fact live in this world as if he were in Paradise. Those are the people who find true happiness in this world.

What kind of happiness could be greater than that of someone who humbles himself to God, worships Him, strives for His pleasure, and strives to enter Paradise and have salvation from Hellfire?

The believer lives with such a sweetness in his heart that if the masters of the earth knew of it, they would fight him to death to take it from him. God has said:

Whoever does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, We will make him live a good life, and We will award them their reward for the best of what they used to do. (Quran, 16:97)

Happiness is in the good life mentioned in this verse, that even the rich disbelievers cannot find, despite the money they have. That is why we are not surprise when we know that many among them committed suicide.

To reach true happiness, we need to know what is the purpose of our life, how to reach success in the hereafter, and to fulfill the requirements of reaching this success by following the commands of God and His true religion.

We know much about Mars, Earth, moon, stars, and galaxies, thanks to the century of knowledge. But how much we know about our eternal life after death and how to reach success in the hereafter?

People need to eat every day to supply their bodies with energy and to keep themselves healthy. If they stop eating for a period of time, diseases will sneak up upon them and overtake them, and perhaps even kill them. Similarly, people also need food of another kind, food for the spirit and heart. It is unfortunate that while people are careful never to forget to feed their bodies, they do not show the same concern for the health of their souls and hearts. The heart needs food as the body does. The diseases of the body and the debilitating effects they have are not more dangerous than the diseases of the heart and soul.

Chocoholic this is anice flash for you :
http://www.saaid.net/flash/last-breath.swf
hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
Nice sentiment, er but no.

The only person I truly believe in is myself.

Had anyone ever truly come back from the dead to tell of an afterlife? Can you prove it? No I don't think so.

JUst not for me I'm afraid.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
hifriend223 - It is possible to fall outside of a follower of Abrahamic religious Scripture or someone who seeks fulfillment through material gain.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums