Important Question

Topic locked
important question Feb 21, 2008
hi der!

i am in the philippines and i am planning to work in dubai. i can't apply via agency here since i know i will fail medical exam, because of my hepa-b. meron bang filipinos experiencing this kind but now in dubai permanently? my other option is to apply on visit visa or direct hire from dubai to philippines. once i apply for visit visa here in the philippines or process papers on direct hire by employer in dubai, should i also undergo medical exam? if yes, dont i have a chance of going abroad? if no, then what will my ststus be if i reach dubai airport? i read that in dubai or any mid east airpost pa lng, they know because of a hightech machine whether a person has this case. is this tru? and if this is not tru and from the airport they will not know that i have hepa-b, once i applied for work in dubai, what life is there for me? will the employer send me back to the philippines because i have hepa-b? should i undergo hepa b testing or just complte blood count (cbc) and they will not determine my hepa-b?

pls help i need ur advise, since i want 2look for my opportunity abroad.

god bless

ladyfemme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 21, 2008
You just need to check what blood tests have to be negative in order for you to be able to get a residency visa in the UAE.

For sure HIV, Hep C, TB are not allowed but you must check about others including Hep B...

If that is on the list, save your money for while you might be able to travel into Dubai you will not get a residence visa and thus will not be allowed to work (you will be deported). So do a little research which could save you a lot of money and aggrevation.

Good luck
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2008
thanks for your advise. i read in the internet before that hepa b is included in the medical testing, but wen i asked other references, even in the agencies here in the philippines, they said that it depends on the employer if they will allow. but i wana make sure about the answers, because this will take my time, effort and money most impostatnly and in the end, i wont get any. i am working as a marketing manager and i know iv got lots of opportunities abroad, and i also want to give better life to my family members especially my mother.

that's y i am so much confused because, im not getting any answers that will really help.

thank you
ladyfemme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 21, 2008
you can get in and find work, but i think the test for hepa-b is required and if that happens you may not be able to get a job here.

try to get yourself healed first, good luck.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 21, 2008
Do a search on the forum as I seem to remeber we had a big discussion about this before.

It depends on what sector you're looking for employment in. Anyhthing to do with hospitality, medical and dealing with people - NO! Basically anything where there is a possiblity of transference of the disease from you to another person.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 21, 2008
Tests for Hep A, B and C are mandatory, as is the Xray for TB, I'm sorry you will not get a Residence Visa on the basis of your condition.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 22, 2008
thanks for the replies.

the doctor said that hep -b is incurable unlike hepa a. itslike a wound that leaves scars. but i am healthy and very much fit for work. the difference is that i am inflicted by this disease. i am not an alcoholic, i dnt smoke, and im asking the doctor if there is any cure. mine is incurable since i am not into a worst condition. there are cure for other stages but this will cost millions of pesos. that's y i want to work abroad and earn money, so if time comes and hopefully not, i will need some medication, i have finances that will suport me.

the doctor here said that it depends on the employer if they will allow me. i hope there are open minded employers willing to employ me, despite of my case.
ladyfemme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 22, 2008
ladyfemme wrote:thanks for the replies.

the doctor said that hep -b is incurable unlike hepa a. itslike a wound that leaves scars. but i am healthy and very much fit for work. the difference is that i am inflicted by this disease. i am not an alcoholic, i dnt smoke, and im asking the doctor if there is any cure. mine is incurable since i am not into a worst condition. there are cure for other stages but this will cost millions of pesos. that's y i want to work abroad and earn money, so if time comes and hopefully not, i will need some medication, i have finances that will suport me.

the doctor here said that it depends on the employer if they will allow me. i hope there are open minded employers willing to employ me, despite of my case.

This is not the choice of the Employer, it is a Government regulation and the test is carried out by the Government Hospital.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 23, 2008
can somebody do a very big favor for me? can u try calling the ministry of health for me to find out whether my worries are really not to be worried at all?

il be glad for your help.

god bless
ladyfemme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 23, 2008
it is done by the government hospital? so how wl my status be? dnt i really have a chance of working even if its not in the food industry or medical related work?
ladyfemme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: important question Feb 24, 2008
ladyfemme wrote:hi der!

i am in the philippines and i am planning to work in dubai. i can't apply via agency here since i know i will fail medical exam, because of my hepa-b. meron bang filipinos experiencing this kind but now in dubai permanently? my other option is to apply on visit visa or direct hire from dubai to philippines. once i apply for visit visa here in the philippines or process papers on direct hire by employer in dubai, should i also undergo medical exam? if yes, dont i have a chance of going abroad? if no, then what will my ststus be if i reach dubai airport? i read that in dubai or any mid east airpost pa lng, they know because of a hightech machine whether a person has this case. is this tru? and if this is not tru and from the airport they will not know that i have hepa-b, once i applied for work in dubai, what life is there for me? will the employer send me back to the philippines because i have hepa-b? should i undergo hepa b testing or just complte blood count (cbc) and they will not determine my hepa-b?

pls help i need ur advise, since i want 2look for my opportunity abroad.

god bless

Hepa B is a condition which leaves a scar on your liver. The traces of Hep B is only there until there is a malfunction. You have to take lots of amino acids, good diet and rest. When your organ, liver, functions normally then the traces of Hep B is gone. It will not be seen even when your blood is tested. The docs will only find out when they biopsy your liver. heheheh Which will not happen.

So take care of yourself and relax. However, don't be too excited to come to Dubai, consider other countries. If you are expecting a salary of more than 1000usd then you'd have to go somewhere else. The hospitality industry in Dubai will not pay that much. Moreover think about the exchange rate. The dirham is pegged to the falling dollar.

Right on.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2008
Girl_ Glen please give sound advise if you post on such serious issues . Hep B is present in the liver yes, but you failed to mention that it is also present in the blood.

Hep B can be transferred via blood/saliva contact and/or s.e.x.ual intercourse.

If you have Hep B it will show on the blood sample test carried out for the residence visa.

see here for Hep B info

http://www.tht.org.uk/informationresour ... isb594.pdf
arniegang

Feb 24, 2008
arniegang wrote:Girl_ Glen please give sound advise if you post on such serious issues . Hep B is present in the liver yes, but you failed to mention that it is also present in the blood.

If you have Hep B it will show on the blood sample test carried out for the residence visa.

see here for Hep B info

Arniegang, my advise is sound and is serious since it came from personal experience. Had Hep B 10 years ago and there's no recurrence.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
girl_glen wrote:
arniegang wrote:Girl_ Glen please give sound advise if you post on such serious issues . Hep B is present in the liver yes, but you failed to mention that it is also present in the blood.

see here for Hep B info

Arniegang, my advise is sound and is serious since it came from personal experience. Had Hep B 10 years ago and there's no recurrence.

Your advise is sound from where???

below are links from York Medical Uni in the UK and the UK's National Health Service, both confirm that although you may be in remission, you are still a carrier and Hep B is detectable.
I quote:

Anyone found to be Hepatitis B Surface Antigen positive will be recalled to the occupational health unit for advice and further testing. A positive test would indicate a history of Hepatitis B infection and would therefore prevent commencement of areas of training involving exposure prone procedures. Refusal to undergo testing would be treated as a positive result.

http://www.hyms.ac.uk/admissions/HepB.asp
arniegang

Oct 10, 2008
hi guys,
i was already hired by Dubai employer here in the philippines through agency, my problem was i got this fake diploma and transcript because im having a hard time getting my treanscript and diploma in cebu which i was originaly graduated. is it possible for me to get working visa and residense visa inspite of these? please help.
wengsanz
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2008
No!

If they find it’s a fake they confiscate it! One of the reasons they have changed back to the old consular attestation system is because of all the fakes that Empost was passing.

It happened to some applications I processed for some staff members. The people at the Labour Department have been dealing with certificates long enough to spot fakes - If they confiscate because its a fake it the employer is quite entitled to fire you on the spot!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum