I Know....you're Tired Of Answering These Questions.

Topic locked
I know....you're tired of answering these questions. Feb 21, 2008
Hey All! A bit of a vague question for you so I'll do my best to narrow it down. Me, my wife, and 2 kiddies. One is 3.5 the other is 7 months. I have an offer on the table that seems decent. I won't get in the details of it. What I'm wondering about is cost of living. How much are groceries and that sort of thing? With young kids our lifestyle is not extravegant. We don't go out very much...2 young ones do not lend to it. Bed times around 7pm or so. I'm just wondering about the usual everyday kind of expenses. Not rent. That is included. I keep hearing how expensive Dubai is. I know housing prices are ridiculous. But if that's covered it can't be that bad. Can it?

Thanks!

giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 21, 2008
take my word for it mate you will pay way way less than Asda/Tesco prices.

If you want any direct comparrison on food prices UK v DXB pm me.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: I know....you're tired of answering these questions. Feb 22, 2008
giggsy wrote:Hey All! A bit of a vague question for you so I'll do my best to narrow it down. Me, my wife, and 2 kiddies. One is 3.5 the other is 7 months. I have an offer on the table that seems decent. I won't get in the details of it. What I'm wondering about is cost of living. How much are groceries and that sort of thing? With young kids our lifestyle is not extravegant. We don't go out very much...2 young ones do not lend to it. Bed times around 7pm or so. I'm just wondering about the usual everyday kind of expenses. Not rent. That is included. I keep hearing how expensive Dubai is. I know housing prices are ridiculous. But if that's covered it can't be that bad. Can it?

Thanks!

You say housing is "covered' but is that an allowance or a place to live (flat or villa) there is a HUGE difference between allownace and what you can get for that allowance.

Dubai is shit unless you are lazy, running from the law, have been fired or are a moron... stay home.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2008
WOW! Concord, you're grumpier than ever! If you're that unhappy there I sincerely hope for your sake you can make out of there and to some place you want to be. It sucks being stuck where you don't want to be. Good luck mate!
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 22, 2008
giggsy wrote:WOW! Concord, you're grumpier than ever! If you're that unhappy there I sincerely hope for your sake you can make out of there and to some place you want to be. It sucks being stuck where you don't want to be. Good luck mate!

Who said I am unhappy there. Saying it is sh1t except.... has nothing to do with being happy or not - just point out facts. Anyways I am in Latvia at the moment.

In any event, as I said before just make sure that in fact your employer is providing a place to live (will be your biggest expense otherwise).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum