Benazir Bhutto

Topic locked
Benazir Bhutto Dec 30, 2007
I know this should, and probably will, end up in the Politics and Religion Forum, however I thought it might be best started off here.

How do DF members feel about the recent assassination of Benazir Bhutto and the ongoing political instability it will surely create within Pakistan? She and her family have close ties with Dubai and are significant property owners here and, yes, she has led a chequered past, but being a politician this was only to be expected.

Personally, she knew that there was a real possibility someone would make an attempt on her life if she returned home and consequently she paid the ultimate price. Not being fully appraised of the situation in Pakistan and the details of the political spread there, I am interested to be enlightened by our membership.

:( :( :(

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 30, 2007
Apparently between her and her husband they are responsible for rorting nearly 1.5 billion dollars (US) out of the Pakistani economy. (surce: Wikipedia)

chequered past indeed.

Having said that, she seems to be a popularist leader who did pay the ultimate price - such is the way in Pakistan, even for a cricket coach.
^ian^

Dec 30, 2007
Its very brave of her to go back to Pakistan knowing all the consequences, corrupt or not (aren't they all).....for a woman, her attitude to stand against those who wants to turn back Pakistan to the dark ages deserves credit...

My to sympathies to her family.... :cry:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 30, 2007
knight theres already another post on her. I have uploaded some new pics coming online of her assasination.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 30, 2007
knight not everyone in Pakistan supported her. And al Qaeda or even Taliban didnt kill her.

The Army and the ISI killed her for the following reasons and have put the blame on the Al Qaeda (a bit like the 9/11 ;) ), just to show the west that there are terroists in Pakistan and that USA should support the Army financially and by providing more equipment to them.

1. Benzi wanted to hand over Qadeer Khan to CIA for selling nuclear technology to Iran, Libya and Korea. If she did this Qadeer Khan would tell CIA how most of the Generals were involved how the Chief-of-Army at that time (which was Mushareef) knew about the whole thing and how they were involved.

2. Benzi wanted Nato to patrol the borders of Pakistan. So what will the Army do?

Not everyone in Pakistan supports her. I am sorry for her death but she had it coming to her. She was an arogant and most pakis would consider her as another USA puppet who was allowed back into Pakistan even though she had corruption charges against her but suprisingly Mushareef (another USA puppet) forgave those charges.

She had robbed pakistan of millions of dollars of AID and used it for her personal use which involves various houses in Dubai, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, New York and even in Spain.

In my eyes she is another politician who was corrupt only interested in power. Only interested in power so much that she was even willing to become a puppet of USA.

ISI carried out the killing and are putting the blame on Al Qaeda and Taliban so that USA continues on supporting Mushareef and supporting him financially and equipment.

Her son will also die if he decides on doing what her mum wanted.

I.e hand over Qadeer Khan to Cia, let NATO control the borders of Pakistan.

She escaped death in Karachi and she should have stayed out on Pakistan.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 30, 2007
Her decision to return to Pakistan certainly seemed strange, considering the political climate of the Country, she obviously thought that she was invincible. Mind you hindsight is 20/20 so they say. When she announced her decision to return I predicted that she would probably pay with her life, and thats a real shame.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 30, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Her decision to return to Pakistan certainly seemed strange, considering the political climate of the Country, she obviously thought that she was invincible. Mind you hindsight is 20/20 so they say. When she announced her decision to return I predicted that she would probably pay with her life, and thats a real shame.

she was an arogant politician. there are pictures of her sitting in the House of Parliament with her feet on the table when she was the prime minister :S.

her whole family were arogant and they have all paid for their lives because instead of running a political party they were just running a personal agenda/revenge against the Army for the execution of her dad.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 30, 2007
our very "Honest and Democratic" (aren't they all)..... westners got a president killed as well rite in front of them in the day light.

he was shot from the side ( video proves that ) but our innocent americans were told that shot came from behind and innocent people of USA accepted it without any hesitation. Long live the "democratic and non corrupt" societies of the west.

Even today their president is the true image of pure and non corrupt democratic socitiy and americans are, under his presidency, living Happily Ever After.

The only difference is that, on that day a good person was killed by a corrupt agency and on 27th a corrupt person was killed by a corrupt agency (ISI) who gets appreciation for corruption directly from CIA & MI6.
shahrez
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2007
shahrez wrote:our very "Honest and Democratic" (aren't they all)..... westners got a president killed as well rite in front of them in the day light.

he was shot from the side ( video proves that ) but our innocent americans were told that shot came from behind and innocent people of USA accepted it without any hesitation. Long live the "democratic and non corrupt" societies of the west.

Even today their president is the true image of pure and non corrupt democratic socitiy and americans are, under his presidency, living Happily Ever After.

The only difference is that, on that day a good person was killed by a corrupt agency and on 27th a corrupt person was killed by a corrupt agency (ISI) who gets appreciation for corruption directly from CIA & MI6.

I wouldnt say that the ISI was corrupt they had a good reason for killing Benazir and I support them for what they did cos we all know Benazir was just another USA puppet just like Mushareef is ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 30, 2007
Interesting opinions and background, however did she really stand a chance back in politics there? Yes Musharraf has 'bent the knee' to the Bush administration in some things, however he is as guilty of creaming the Pakistan economy as she was.

Compared to some despots (Bokassa, Amin, Marcos etc.) her crimes are insignificant and it seems that the old adage 'Power corrupts, total power corrupts totally...' would seem to be true.

Is there going to be a backlash to this internationally?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 30, 2007
ok musharif has got financial aid from USA and other countries. I know for a fact that he has been spending million dollars in education especially in supplying equipment to colleges and unis around pakistan. how do i know well i just do ;).

I also know for a fact that USA have supplied F/16s and even Cobras to Pakistan for their help with their fight against Al Qaeda.

I also know that if not musharef some one below him would use the money supplied by USA for their own personal use which involves in purchasing property, houses etc.

Musharif has done 50% for the economy of Pakistan. But some feel he could have done more and that the money USA supplied to him to HUNT down al qaeda or to help pakistan build itself have been used by the Generals elsewhere.

All politicans even generals are corrupt.

There wont be a backlash. ppl will riot for 2 days or something and it will be all forgotten. Benzir was just a puppet for USA and MANY ppl in pakistan know that thats y you will see riots created by her party the PPP and doesnt include the majorty of the Paki Community.

But internationally I have noticed that price of the oil have risen and so as well other things.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

New Footage of Bhutto’s death Dec 31, 2007
new footage which shows in clear detail the moment of Benazir Bhutto’s death.

http://dubaiforvisitors.com/2007/12/30/new-footage-of-bhuttos-death/
rajajang
Dubai Forums Member

Re: New Footage of Bhutto’s death Dec 31, 2007
rajajang wrote:new footage which shows in clear detail the moment of Benazir Bhutto’s death.

http://dubaiforvisitors.com/2007/12/30/new-footage-of-bhuttos-death/

Is this site/link serious??

Dubai for Visitors - Welcome to dubai your dream holiday place

Headline

"new footage of Bhutto's death"

:? :? :?
arniegang

Re: New Footage of Bhutto’s death Dec 31, 2007
New Footage of Bhutto’s death
December 30, 2007 | By rajajang In Business in Dubai |

U.K. Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained dramatic new footage which shows in clear detail the moment of Benazir Bhutto’s death.

Three bullets are heard being fired before a suicide bomber then detonates his device.

A firearms expert has told this programme that the video shows what appears to be a concussion strike, the possible moment of impact when a bullet struck the former Pakistani prime minister.

It contradicts the official Pakistani government account that Mrs Bhutto died from hitting her head on the sun roof as she ducked into the car.

Watch New Footage of Bhutto’s Death

Other Related Posts:

Nothing wrong with that.
LA
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 01, 2008
So, here is a weird story. Weeks before her death Bhutto gave an interview to Al-Jazeera, were she claimed OBL was killed. This interview was broadcasted in the Western media, but they cut out the OBL claim...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2008
Flying Dutchman wrote:So, here is a weird story. Weeks before her death Bhutto gave an interview to Al-Jazeera, were she claimed OBL was killed. This interview was broadcasted in the Western media, but they cut out the OBL claim...

lol what do u expect??? come on mate thats west for ya. dont u get it they want to keep Osama alive so Bush and his merry men in tight leggings can do what they want. They can attack Iran next. Y hmmm Osama is there and he is about to get his hands on the nuclear bomb.

OBL is dead, the guy is a myth, and I am sure he died ages ago but Bushy uses him as a tool to do whatever he wants to do. The guy is dead.

Its a bit shame init that they will broadcast everything else but nothing on OBL even his death.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums