Prob With Visa

Topic locked
prob with visa Nov 12, 2005
Hello.
We´re two students with a bis problem...

I will work as a trainee in dubai/sharjah for a half year. My company will give me a visa for this...

And my girlfriend will work as a trainee two. but her traineeship will be only for one month... and now ae there 5 months of visa left. the employee will not give her a visa for 6 month, because he said is to exspansive...(how much cost a worker visa)???

What do we have do to know???

Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 12, 2005
One way to solve this is for ur gf to get a temporary job(there r a few around), just to 'hang on to' until ur both ready to leave. She must do that during that month&not after. Another option would be getting a tourist visa, which will entitle her to stay for 2 months+ 1 renewable month. To do that she has to leave the country(to anywhere) for a week or so until she gets it then she can return back. Tourist visa can be done by hotels/travel agents/airlines. U can't actually 'buy' a workers visa. Only a company is allowed to produce it, not employees. I recommend the 1st option, it's the most hassle-free..
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 12, 2005
Thx for the answer...

And if she will work the first month, than stay for two months plus 1 as a toursit and than she has 2 months left. how long must she leave the country to get a new tourist visa???
Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 12, 2005
Until the new visa is ready, about 1wk-10days. It helps a lot if ur a western european/american/british/australian citizen. In all cases, u cannot apply for a tourist visa while inside the country. First she must leave. I'm doing that nowadays since my visa will expire in 6days. Will go to a nearby country for 1wk, then return when my visa's ready.
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 12, 2005
oh men, thats hard... i can´t leave my gf alone in katar or oman... they will kill my gf( no, just kidding) but that´s relly not the nicest idea...
Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 13, 2005
She doesn't have to go to those countries, she can go to lebanon, or jordan or syria. It's a lot nicer there than the other gulf countries..good luck
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 13, 2005
Georg, what country are you and your girl from?

if you are from one of the countries than can get a visa at the airport i.e. just need the stamp on your passport you don't have to be apart for any serious length of time, Emirates, and many other airlines I’m sure have flights that are called visa runs, you fly out to another country for a few mins and fly back in to get a new stamp on your passport. I use to go to Doha before I became legal. It took about 3 hours round trip and ran about AED 500

Hope you both enjoy your time here.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 13, 2005
Why not drive to Oman (one hour) and have lunch at a border town and then head back to Dubai?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat