Anyone Know Why Hard Rock Cafe & Cyclone Were Closed Dow

Topic locked
Aug 22, 2007
OK. Sorry.

g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 22, 2007
gtmash wrote:Never been to either place, but isn't Hard Rock Cafe a straightforward restaurant owned by Sulayem?

hahahah..ya right :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Anyone know why Hard Rock Cafe & Cyclone were closed Aug 22, 2007
Stylinexpat wrote:Apparently they haave start to clamp down on the club scene in Dubai to close down the clubs which have wroking girls. This is going to do wonders to the local economy. Many of the neighboring rich come to Dubai for some of these reasons and many of these working women spend quite a bit in Dubai. With high rental rates for retail shops some local consumer spending will affect this in one way or another. If this comes out to be true that a crack down is on its way then most working girls will end up having to leave the country as they can not survive in such an expensive place for too long withouit high income, the rich who can usually afford these services ( which will no longer be available) will no longer come here either for such services. I am curious as to what will happen or how long this will last for. Latest news before the closing of these clubs was that during the last month plain clothed CID officers were waiting outside the clubs and as the girls exited they were arrested, taken in to the station, held without any rights, fingerprinted, had their eyes scanned and then deported after. Someone cracked the whip I guess :shock:

you sick son of..
u r worried about those whores..they may have HIV AIDS u didnt think about that ..all u ppl think is how to get paid and then laid ..how about u see ur sister working in such places ..moron :evil:
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 22, 2007
its good they were closed and i hope others are closed too. Let Dubai survive on its strengths rather on its weaknesses.
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2007
it is closed bcz of drugs case and one of the employees is in it.
firefingers

Aug 30, 2007
Guys,
could you please kindly confirm: are the places closed at present or you are only gossiping (venturing)?
Not that I go out in the evenings, but the curiosity is bugging me......
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 04, 2007
Fran -
Not been to Dubai for a while now, so can't personally verify. However, just passin' on my information from mates that live up there.

Curiosity sated ?
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 19, 2007
For everyone's general info, yes Cyclone was closed. It has re-opened now with a new name and completely 'refurbished'. Not the same sort of business and clientelle there as before (allegedly) and trying to become a more upmarket club.

Amnesia was closed and is again open after a 'refurbishment'.

When I say 'refurbishment' please read that as 'clean up their act and kick out the working girl element...

It still exists in Dubai, you can never get rid of the oldest trade, and it is a major draw for the gulf visitors that Dubai has built its local tourism trade on. It just moves around from place to place. The police will have crack-downs from time to time but its a bit like trying to stop water leaking out of a sieve. Similarly, you will find shops in Karama shut down from time to time, but they are back and running in no time.

For those desperate enough, there are other venues in town that still offer 'company' by the hour, or minute, or second in the case of most saddos!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 19, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:For everyone's general info, yes Cyclone was closed. It has re-opened now with a new name and completely 'refurbished'. Not the same sort of business and clientelle there as before (allegedly) and trying to become a more upmarket club.

Amnesia was closed and is again open after a 'refurbishment'.

When I say 'refurbishment' please read that as 'clean up their act and kick out the working girl element...

It still exists in Dubai, you can never get rid of the oldest trade, and it is a major draw for the gulf visitors that Dubai has built its local tourism trade on. It just moves around from place to place. The police will have crack-downs from time to time but its a bit like trying to stop water leaking out of a sieve. Similarly, you will find shops in Karama shut down from time to time, but they are back and running in no time.

For those desperate enough, there are other venues in town that still offer 'company' by the hour, or minute, or second in the case of most saddos!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Wow :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Anyone know why Hard Rock Cafe & Cyclone were closed Sep 20, 2007
naruto wrote:you sick son of..
u r worried about those friends..they may have HIV AIDS u didnt think about that ..all u ppl think is how to get paid and then laid ..how about u see ur sister working in such places ..moron :evil:

Woah, take a chill pill Ali Baba, if you're so worried about catching HIV AIDS (as opposed to non-HIV AIDS?) which is not exclusive to "friends", I suggest you play. Alone.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 03, 2008
Is it still closed?
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat