Anyone Know Why Hard Rock Cafe & Cyclone Were Closed Dow

Topic locked
Anyone know why Hard Rock Cafe & Cyclone were closed dow Apr 22, 2007
Apparently they haave start to clamp down on the club scene in Dubai to close down the clubs which have wroking girls. This is going to do wonders to the local economy. Many of the neighboring rich come to Dubai for some of these reasons and many of these working women spend quite a bit in Dubai. With high rental rates for retail shops some local consumer spending will affect this in one way or another. If this comes out to be true that a crack down is on its way then most working girls will end up having to leave the country as they can not survive in such an expensive place for too long withouit high income, the rich who can usually afford these services ( which will no longer be available) will no longer come here either for such services. I am curious as to what will happen or how long this will last for. Latest news before the closing of these clubs was that during the last month plain clothed CID officers were waiting outside the clubs and as the girls exited they were arrested, taken in to the station, held without any rights, fingerprinted, had their eyes scanned and then deported after. Someone cracked the whip I guess :shock:

Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2007
Never been to either place, but isn't Hard Rock Cafe a straightforward restaurant owned by Sulayem?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 22, 2007
Yes it is. THe author is probably talking about the dodgy nightclub attached to it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Anyone know why Hard Rock Cafe & Cyclone were closed Apr 23, 2007
cyclone club closed :brave:
bosichoclate
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 23, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Yes it is. THe author is probably talking about the dodgy nightclub attached to it.

I went past today, no notice posted that I could see
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 23, 2007
I am back in Taiwan now and was quite surprised to have heard that the Cyclone was closed down along with the Hard Rock cafe. Apparently a few others have been closed down as well.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
The Club next to hard rock is called Eclipse or something i think!?
when did it close down?
I haven't heard anything :(
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
mighty.one wrote:The Club next to hard rock is called Eclipse or something i think!?
when did it close down?

The clubs name is Amnesia.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
mighty.one wrote:The Club next to hard rock is called Eclipse or something i think!?
when did it close down?

The clubs name is Amnesia.

They close that one down too? :(
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
This is going to lead to a tighter supply meaning higher prices for all expats seeking fun in Dubai.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
Stylinexpat wrote:This is going to lead to a tighter supply meaning higher prices for all expats seeking fun in Dubai.

LOL! And that has you worried?
^ian^

Apr 25, 2007
Trilogy and Apartments are the places to be
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:This is going to lead to a tighter supply meaning higher prices for all expats seeking fun in Dubai.

Since I live in Asia i'm never worried about supply :D It's just that much nicer to be able to come out Jumeira Beach lay out on the beach with a nice babe, Go patying/clubbing at night with a nice babe, etc.. Just would hate to visit Dubai knowing there aren't going to be any women around. The openess was what made Dubai better then Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
Stylinexpat wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Since I live in Asia i'm never worried about supply :D It's just that much nicer to be able to come out Jumeira Beach lay out on the beach with a nice babe, Go patying/clubbing at night with a nice babe, etc.. Just would hate to visit Dubai knowing there aren't going to be any women around. The openess was what made Dubai better then Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

You do know it's possible to be with nice babes without having to pay for them?

I actually would think this was the preferred method.
^ian^

Apr 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
You do know it's possible to be with nice babes without having to pay for them?

I actually would think this was the preferred method.

hear hear :)
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2007
Definitely agree with you there. At times though people want something different. Mother always taught us to go home and at as there is always food in the refrigerator but I always liked to go out and buy something to eat :) Nothing beats home food though.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 26, 2007
lol...its a monopoly! cYCLONE wants to be the only whorre house in dubai :lol:
guest999

Apr 26, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:lol...its a monopoly! cYCLONE wants to be the only whorre house in dubai :lol:

Like Etisalat..
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

just head over to the ramada in bur dubai Apr 28, 2007
i like to hang out at the old vic and the no. of russian working girls seems to be growing there... nature abhors a vacuum?
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 06, 2007
Anyone here know if they have reopned back up or are still closed? Have they been shut down for good or what? :dontknow:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

May 06, 2007
I was at the Indian Restaurant next to Cyclone on Friday night.
The Security Staff from Cyclone were outside and chatting to my friends. They said they would be open again in about 5 days time???
Popeye
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 19, 2007
My understanding is that the Russian mafia started to get a little too interested in the lucrative business of Dubai girls. Few too many Russian mafia guys in Dubai are only likely to cause problems to the community such as an increase in what happened at the Wafi. Obviously Russians are good people like anyone else but here the concern was the bad Russians i.e. the mafia.
Phildubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: just head over to the ramada in bur dubai Aug 19, 2007
Sydneysider wrote:i like to hang out at the old vic and the no. of russian working girls seems to be growing there... nature abhors a vacuum?

oh thats not very nice, not all russians are like that
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 19, 2007
for sure they are not all not like that, I had clarified that in my message.
Phildubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 20, 2007
The author sounds very much concerned about the working girls existence in Dubai, and that is weird…

As a matter of fact, anyone should be happy that this thing is being removed from any city they live in …. Unless your too freagin ugly to have a decent relationship. Lol

Dude….. get a haircut or a plastic surgery or something….
TheUnReal-
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 21, 2007
I think you're quite right about the Rusky influence. But it's not the only one. My well-connected [don't ask !] Chinbky friend tells me that there's deals going on behind the scenes to increase the "take" to both Chinky and Rusky mafias [p1mps. let's be honest here] and the local Cops or whoever weren't happy with that.

These types of places always go in cycles, so I shouldn't think it'll be long before business as ususal pervades.

AD is a little less fraught. Chinese takeaways are prevelent, with Ruskies second. Don't know if it's more tightly controlled here, or just better hidden. Either way, suppply will always meet demand !
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 21, 2007
Dear Unreal,

Who is actually talking? I have 1 partner and I am only allowed 1. However there are men out there who's w1lly is more active than yours and mine and as free people they have every right to use it and abuse it. Being ugly is not a crime and it has nothing to do with them picking up working girls.

I assure you the closures of these places is designed to flush out the undesirables then it will start all over again. As our friend in the last posting said "it is always a cycle".

Good luck with your city.
Phildubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 22, 2007
For people who don't realize: Cyclone is not just a easy pickup place for desperate people...its a part of a multi-million dollar industry in Dubai. Why do you think that cops standing outside these places don't even touch you..because they know that it helps bring in a lot of money. For anyone who has seen the "Desert Nights" documentary on prostitution in Dubai would know just how profitable these "nightclubs/whorehouses" are. I believe that clubs like these should be taken out, and shut down for good.
a_flat_toon
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 22, 2007
Why ?
1. It's the oldest profession in the world
2. It's controlled through various mafia groups that give MASSIVE kick-backs to the Dubai Authorities
3. It provides work [albeit not very nice]
4. There is a huge demand

And pu-leeez don't ramble on about morality. In this country ? HA !
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 22, 2007
^^bro, the last point was uncalled for. Please watch what you say.
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat