Can You Change Your Life Coz....

Topic locked
Can you change your life coz.... Aug 12, 2007
Can you change youself because you love him/her?

Heres the idea...

you smoke but you have to quit because he/she ask you too...

you always go out with your friends, drink and have fun...then eventually when you have a relationship with him/her, he/she forbids you to do so...

you are wearing sleeveless and skirts then because of his customs you are forbid to wear them in public (this happen when you have a local bf)...heheheh....

you are outgoing then now you have to stay at home....meoww....thats too ironic but you love him so are you willing to change your life because you love the person?

what do you think? survey says.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2007
seems like he was trying to get you to DO everything HE wanted to and adopt HIS culture... thats not really a good thing in any relationship ...
netgeek2k2

Aug 12, 2007
CAGED ANIMAL!!!!....... Oh my, DON'T do it! :shock: :shock:

It will destroy your soul!

You would absolutely crazy in time!!

NEVER, NEVER going to work, longterm!
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Can you change your life coz.... Aug 12, 2007
femme wrote:Can you change youself because you love him/her?

Heres the idea...

you always go out with your friends, drink and have fun...then eventually when you have a relationship with him/her, he/she forbids you to do so...

you are wearing sleeveless and skirts then because of his customs you are forbid to wear them in public (this happen when you have a local bf)...heheheh....

you are outgoing then now you have to stay at home....meoww....thats too ironic but you love him so are you willing to change your life because you love the person?

well some lvl of compromise can be there.

but overall you should be what you like to be. He or she should accept you the way you are.
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2007
the truth is...

it happen with my friend, she totally change her life because she love this man... they have both different culture, one is muslim and one is christian...

the girl is christian, she had to do thing thing muslims does..

and eventually they are still together, long enough.

i dont know if i can do the same thing...lets see :roll: :roll:

i dont have a man yet.......soooooo, i cant say....zipppp
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2007
Compromise......... Yes

Totally change your life? NO
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 13, 2007
you cannot really change your/her/his life completely

at some point you will change or somehow people call it "Sacrfice" for each other so you can live with each other
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
YES YOU CAN CHANGE ALL . all all. u shuld cheange evrything for love. iz my anser good?

r u britsh? all british women very stupid love questions ask
LG
Dubai Forum User

Aug 13, 2007
LG wrote:YES YOU CAN CHANGE ALL . all all. u shuld cheange evrything for love. iz my anser good?

r u britsh? all british women very stupid love questions ask

why are you sad? :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
i'm sad cus englirsh girly broke my heart :-( she said she wants to keep on luking 4 other men on da internet & me forget go away, stop bothring no gud :-(

why u so ahappy? english girlie picked u up 2?
LG
Dubai Forum User

Aug 13, 2007
sorry to hear that bro
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
LG wrote:i'm sad cus englirsh girly broke my heart :-( she said she wants to keep on luking 4 other men on da internet & me forget go away, stop bothring no gud :-(

why u so ahappy? english girlie picked u up 2?

Ohhhh, I've missed you LG! :wink:

I didn't realise you had a heart to break!

Please forgive me! xxxxx
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 13, 2007
hi, i am from dubai and i can tell you that people generalize all the time.

I wouldnt ask a girl to do what i see is right, i would ask her to respect my opinion and i would respect hers, thats how relationships work.. I agree there are lots of stupid people who would want their girls to do what they see is right, not all of them though.. :)
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2007
Survey says-that's not love.....when you truly love someone, you don't ask them to change who they are to suit your needs. I can understand the cultural differences and you def. want to respect that, but only in special circumstances (i.e. if you go to see his family).

All the other things mentioned are gay....if he accepted her for who she was, he wouldn't stop her from being who she is.
shatooi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
thats exactly what i said, we dont change, we just respect each others opinions and accept each other for who we are!!
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2007
As many ppl said here , if u luv the person u'll accept the way that person is .. n if there is luv there is respect so compromise is the solution...

But NEVA LET ANYONE CONTROL U .
LeYa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
femme wrote:the truth is...

it happen with my friend, she totally change her life because she love this man... they have both different culture, one is muslim and one is christian...

the girl is christian, she had to do thing thing muslims does..

and eventually they are still together, long enough.

i dont know if i can do the same thing...lets see :roll: :roll:

i dont have a man yet.......soooooo, i cant say....zipppp

The mixture of culture is fine..... many, many people do this!
It involves compromise, respect and there has to be effort on both sides!

I can't understand though why anyone would want to change themselves.... giving up smoking etc, that's just respect for each other.
However personality things are different. If you are adventurous, spontanious, party goer.... you know what i mean.... you will be a cagged animal if the man chains you to the house!

In all relationship some changes are required on both sides. But they can only be changes that you are each prepared to make. Changes that don't take away your soul, the bits that make you who you are!

Don't get into a relationship that requires so much change that you lose you own identity!

You are a person in your own right. You deserve to be happy to!

There is someone out there for everybody! The hard bit is finding that person..... keep your eyes and your heart open!
They will come and it will be wonderful.

:wink:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2007
once ur in a relationship u change things whether u realise it or not. u adjust and so does he, or at least this is how it should be.
i was a smoker, light one, but still. he never told me quit smoking or we are done, never said i smell bad because of that, but made it clear he wasnt happy about it. was i happy about smoking? no. neighter addicted to it. so i gave myself a bit of time, but im done with it.
this is what i call positive influence.

would he tell me to stay at home all day and stop working, id show him the door.
u need to know how to make the difference between becoming a better person or accepting things from ur partner and turning ur life upside down and changing into smbody else just to please him.
raidah

Aug 15, 2007
Im lost!!!!! (as usual)

All this women talk is confusing....so can we smoke weed or not?!
guest999

Aug 15, 2007
if ur confused, stay out of it :roll:
raidah

Aug 15, 2007
but i always like putting myself into the unknoooown...i like taking risks
guest999

Aug 15, 2007
and just what risk were you taking now? that of talking shit? we all know ur good at that :roll:
raidah

Re: Can you change your life coz.... Aug 16, 2007
femme wrote:Can you change youself because you love him/her?

Heres the idea...

If he truly loves the girl then he should understand her, accept her and be more considerate with her. Most of the girls know their limitations ...no worries lol agree or disagree this is how it should be :lol:
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 16, 2007
raidah wrote:once ur in a relationship u change things whether u realise it or not. u adjust and so does he, or at least this is how it should be.
i was a smoker, light one, but still. he never told me quit smoking or we are done, never said i smell bad because of that, but made it clear he wasnt happy about it. was i happy about smoking? no. neighter addicted to it. so i gave myself a bit of time, but im done with it.
this is what i call positive influence.

would he tell me to stay at home all day and stop working, id show him the door.
u need to know how to make the difference between becoming a better person or accepting things from ur partner and turning ur life upside down and changing into smbody else just to please him.

go girl! i totally agree with you :D
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance