BOXING: Darchinyan V Donaire

Topic locked
BOXING: Darchinyan v Donaire Jul 16, 2007
DONAIRE STARCHES DARCHINYAN
from Fight Report

In a shocking upset Nonito Donaire KO’d Vic Darchinyan with one punch tonight in Bridgeport, CT to capture the IBF Flyweight Championship (112 lbs).

Usually when Vic Darchinyan fights, it’s his opponents who are left separated from their senses while the ring announcer bellows out the results. This time Darchinyan was the victim of a brutal left hook that sent him crashing to the canvas in the fifth round of their scheduled 12 rounder. Donaire had been countering beautifully all night long and it was only a matter of time before he caught the bull-rushing Darchinyan.

The punch landed early in the fifth and although Darchinyan valiantly beat the count, his legs were totally gone and he stumbled recklessly into the ropes. After the fight he was still clueless as he told Showtime analyst Jim Gray “I don’t feel I was hurt”.

With the win Nonito Donaire improves to 18-1, 11 KOs while Vic Darchinyan drops to 28-1, 22 KOs.

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone caught this fight?
An absolute cracker imo. Am still watching it now!

I guess it was just a matter of time before Vic got exposed. Donaire certainly put on a class performance. What next for the 'Filipino Flash'? And where does the 'raging bull' go from here...?

Let's just see that textbook left hook again:

Beautiful! Potential KO of the year?

:D

burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 16, 2007
Poor old Vic should have kept his mouth quiet before the fight:

:?
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 16, 2007
ok who are they :lol:

except for the heavyweight bouts i have rarely followed anything, and after the ear biting experience i have given it up too voilent for me :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2007
Jeevan wrote:ok who are they :lol:

except for the heavyweight bouts i have rarely followed anything, and after the ear biting experience i have given it up too voilent for me :lol:

Heh! Fair enough J, most people haven't got a clue either...

They are the little guys - feather/superfeather weight. The type who you might laugh at in the pub or kick sand at on the beach...only to sorely regret it afterwards!

Darchinyan was 'supposed' to win. He's a bit of a terror, so what happened shocked a lot of people...

If you see an Armenian looking glum(er) than usual, now you know why. Filipinos, on the other hand, have one more reason to be even more insanely happy than they usually are!

And that's a wrap!

:lol:
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 16, 2007
Aamir khan won the other fight.. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat