I am turing green with envyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :tongue2:

Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 25, 2007
That article reinforced the stereotype.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 26, 2007
a hairdresser that flies in from Bahrain when I need her and my own personal dress maker,” says Jane.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 26, 2007
Ughh... I have no problem with people indulging, but I do have a problem with people who all of a sudden think that they're aristocracy.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 26, 2007
Also, I hope these Champagne fuelled Botox Babes have a liquor licence otherwise they'll be hauled off to jail, and then deported... and then it will be back to a life of driving taxis.

Also I note that Jane is single (53!)... one would hope she doesn't co-habitate!
^ian^

Jun 26, 2007
Most of the comments under :( the article are in their favors?????????????
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 26, 2007
Francheska wrote:Most of the comments under :( the article are in their favors?????????????

Friends sticking up for friends.
^ian^

Jun 26, 2007
Next stop plastic surgery so they'll look like this soon:

p.s. click on the picture to get the effect.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 26, 2007
Yeah, fiends sticking up for fiends. Uggggghhhhh!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
Thanks guys, I was begining to worry..... great reassurance :thumbleft:
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting one, this. I'm sure it's known as "inferred authority". Basically, where a non-descript middle manager somewher else in the world becomes an expat and suddenly thinks that his [and of course, his darling spouse] status has elevated.

Muppets !!!
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 28, 2007
when i started reading the article i wasn't sure if i should feel ill or just laugh.... i don't quiet agree with the "friend for friends" slant of the article though, the tone of the article that really implies their shallowness. if that was written about me i'd buy up every copy of the paper so that my friends couldn't read it! :D

what they do tend to forget is that dubai is as fickle as the four winds, and while they live it up today, in a years time they could be back living in a semi-detached in bogging-on-thyme .... their hairdressers may be a little hard pressed to find the address ...

:D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 28, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:when i started reading the article i wasn't sure if i should feel ill or just laugh.... i don't quiet agree with the "friend for friends" slant of the article though, the tone of the article that really implies their shallowness. if that was written about me i'd buy up every copy of the paper so that my friends couldn't read it! :D

what they do tend to forget is that dubai is as fickle as the four winds, and while they live it up today, in a years time they could be back living in a semi-detached in bogging-on-thyme .... their hairdressers may be a little hard pressed to find the address ...

:D

My friends for friends wasn't about the article, it was about the comments on 7 Days website.

I note one of the ladies is single and yet obviously parties it up drinking champagne etc. I think she's headed for a good stoning.
^ian^

Jun 28, 2007
My friends for friends wasn't about the article, it was about the comments on 7 Days website.

appologies, i was to busy throwing up to notice the comments at the bottom of the article, which i have now read... they should be moved to "fight club" :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 29, 2007
The comments were really funny to read, one of the "Darlings" actually gets back into it further down.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 29, 2007
the comment went on and on for few days and not only the one wrote back, but both are in gear:

http://www.7days.ae/showstory.php?id=53119

&

http://www.7days.ae/showstory.php?id=53250
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

DUBAI DARLINGS Jul 04, 2007
Very interesting article as a newcomer to life in Dubai.
There has to be a hppy medium between a good life and that life?

I'd like to see them back in not to sunny England with their slippers on.
PommiePotter
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat