Googl Earth

Topic locked
Googl Earth Jun 07, 2007
I was amazed by it!

Unfortunately, i couldn't find my community back home, why is that? Is google earth accurate?

Your thoughts.

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2007
Sorry for the spelling. I meant GOOGLE EARTH.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Googl Earth Jun 07, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I was amazed by it!

Unfortunately, i couldn't find my community back home, why is that? Is google earth accurate?

Thats because you should be looking in Google Mars.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2007
Google Venus works too

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jun 07, 2007
NO, I can look it up in pluto! You two... :evil:

When can I get proper answer? :(

I spent most of my day today looking and searching some places, buildings, tourists spots, and not working. :P

How come i can't access my community? Is there any restrictions or whatsoever?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2007
asc_26 wrote:NO, I can look it up in pluto! You two... :evil:

I spent most of my day today looking and searching some places, buildings, tourists spots, and not working. :P

You mean you just discovered "Google Earth" :shock: :shock: :shock: (fka Keyhole).

The reason you can't see your village is that they photograph to different detail depending on the "importance" of the place. Why spend the time and money to photograph your village and see a few goats, huts and chickens. Eventually they'll get to it but not yet...

Actualy live maps is better http://www.maps.live.com/

There is an even better one but you can't have access to it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2007
Concord wrote:

You mean you just discovered "Google Earth" :shock: :shock: :shock: (fka Keyhole).

The reason you can't see your village is that they photograph to different detail depending on the "importance" of the place. Why spend the time and money to photograph your village and see a few goats, huts and chickens. Eventually they'll get to it but not yet...

It was downloaded in my pc long time ago, but only today i got the time to explore.

Well, i got the answer why the entire community is not there! There are existing military bases, ammunition camps etc.. hence, i can only see greens and clouds! I should have look it by myself from the beginning, instead of posting here getting and insults from dogs. Geesh!

No wonder Df is like this now. Adios!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2007
Concord wrote:

It was downloaded in my pc long time ago, but only today i got the time to explore.

Well, i got the answer why the entire community is not there! There are existing military bases, ammunition camps etc.. hence, i can only see greens and clouds! I should have look it by myself from the beginning, instead of posting here getting insults from dogs. Geesh!

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2007
Concord wrote:

Well, i got the answer why the entire community is not there! There are existing military bases, ammunition camps etc.. hence, i can only see greens and clouds! I should have look it by myself from the beginning, instead of posting here getting insults from dogs. Geesh!

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Your thoughts.

Some places get more attention than others, for example if you look for a place in London, you will almost certainly find it, they are also more up to date with the Satelite Mapping in the more developed areas, certainly here in Dubai, the latest details are a couple of years old.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

Your thoughts.

Some places get more attention than others, for example if you look for a place in London, you will almost certainly find it, they are also more up to date with the Satelite Mapping in the more developed areas, certainly here in Dubai, the latest details are a couple of years old.

Thank you Sage. I was amazed by this software or whatever you call it. I've seen how real estate master developers destroyed the mountains and natural beauties of mother earth.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

sage & onion wrote:

Your thoughts.

Thank you Sage. I was amazed by this software or whatever you call it. I've seen how real estate master developers destroyed the mountains and natural beauties of mother earth.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 11, 2007
wikimapia.org sometimes covers even the most insignificant village from somewhere. try looking it up from that website. it doesn't even require any installation.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 11, 2007
[url]http://www.flashearth.com/[/url]
guest999

Jun 11, 2007
It seems that Google Earth is the best, even though it is rather out of date for Dubai.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat