MOVING TO DUBAI! HELP!

Topic locked
MOVING TO DUBAI! HELP! Oct 05, 2005
b: Hello everyone!

I'm a seamstress from the UK working in a drapery store. Tailoring is my profession, traveling my vocation!

I'm currently interested in moving to Dubai.

1) I have a french passport. Do I need a visa?

2) I'm thinking of going into unskilled labor, such as tailoring. Willing to consider other jobs as well. Is the money better than the UK?

3) As a hobby, I do PC repairs. I'm only intermediate. Can I turn this into something profitable?

4) Salary vs Renting. Can you rent on what you basic living wage? What's the average rent there?

Thank you!

sarahtech
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 05, 2005
Hello,

Tailoring here is mainly done by those from India of Asian countries and they work really long hours for pitiful amounts of money, so I don't think you could make a decent living from it here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: MOVING TO DUBAI! HELP! Oct 05, 2005
sarahtech wrote:b: Hello everyone!

I'm a seamstress from the UK working in a drapery store. Tailoring is my profession, traveling my vocation!

I'm currently interested in moving to Dubai.

1) I have a french passport. Do I need a visa?

2) I'm thinking of going into unskilled labor, such as tailoring. Willing to consider other jobs as well. Is the money better than the UK?

3) As a hobby, I do PC repairs. I'm only intermediate. Can I turn this into something profitable?

4) Salary vs Renting. Can you rent on what you basic living wage? What's the average rent there?

Thank you!

1) You do neet a visa to visit. Its usually given at the airport for free for french citizens.

2) The money would suck.

3) Thats a better option than tailoring

4) Depends whats basic. Tailors will make under 1000 AED per month, so the answer would be no.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2005
Thank you for your response and help!
sarahtech
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 09, 2005
'm staying for 10 days in Dubai. Does anybody know where I can find a reasonably priced hotel?Thank you.
sarahtech
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 12, 2005
well about the hotels i think if u go to sharjah 5 min from dubai u will find good hotels for like have the price of dubais hotels .so i recomand to cheak first in sharjah
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 12, 2005
rotana city centre
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 17, 2005
It is u who determine your value depending on your qualification. In fact, it depend mostly on which door u knock and how much flexible u r (…..), especially if the employer is some local business man.
Lee
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 17, 2005
naruto wrote:... go to sharjah 5 min from dubai u ...

which planet do you live on where Dubai is only 5 mins from Sharjah. In every event, it will take at least an hour! hahahahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 18, 2005
yorky500 wrote:

which planet do you live on where Dubai is only 5 mins from Sharjah. In every event, it will take at least an hour! hahahahahahahahahaha

Mayb he travels to shj only after 3 Am lol
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 18, 2005
easternjewel wrote:
yorky500 wrote:

Mayb he travels to shj only after 3 Am lol

Well didnt u guys know there is an underground path? Yes yes that drainage pipe from Dubai to Shj express in less than 30 mins. BTW thanks to yorky for passing me the message but i prefer the 1 hr long path.... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 20, 2005
well wat is the distance between sharjah and dubai its about 25km and if u dnt have a car and u use ur camle it will take maybe one hr ...and i think u have one...i didnt say from RAk to dubai i said sharjah to dubai ..tell me how it will take 1 hr im not going to my work so that it took 1 hr i think u people only go from sharjah to dubai at 7AM lol..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 20, 2005
naruto wrote:well wat is the distance between sharjah and dubai its about 25km and if u dnt have a car and u use ur camle it will take maybe one hr ...and i think u have one...i didnt say from RAk to dubai i said sharjah to dubai ..tell me how it will take 1 hr im not going to my work so that it took 1 hr i think u people only go from sharjah to dubai at 7AM lol..

You make little sense....

There may only be 25 kms from Sharjah to Dubai, but there is also something called traffic.

Let me explain. Traffic is defined as the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time.

In the case of the Dubai/Sharjah route this basically means at all times between 7AM and 10PM...

So yes it does take an hour (at least).

Also, Mr. Einstein, if you were to ride a camel into Dubai, it would be faster as camels do not have to worry about stop and go traffic.

Also, forgetting the traffic factor, how freakin' fast do you drive in order to cover 25 kms in 5 mins? 300+ kms/hr, thats how fast. Whats your lisence plate number? I would like to look up your speed violations... :wink:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 20, 2005
naruto wrote: i think u people only go from sharjah to dubai at 7AM lol..

grrr :x

Liban said it all!

but lemme add sumthing more.. moving in deira n reaching to a place in rigga or burdubai will take u more then 20 mins! so using '5 minute' expression is a NO NO

sniper420 wrote:Well didnt u guys know there is an underground path? Yes yes that drainage pipe from Dubai to Shj express in less than 30 mins. ..

In reality, there's a super bridge which will take you to desirable sharjah... ZZzzz oooooo mmmmmm!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 21, 2005
Liban wrote:
naruto wrote:well wat is the distance between sharjah and dubai its about 25km and if u dnt have a car and u use ur camle it will take maybe one hr ...and i think u have one...i didnt say from RAk to dubai i said sharjah to dubai ..tell me how it will take 1 hr im not going to my work so that it took 1 hr i think u people only go from sharjah to dubai at 7AM lol..

You make little sense....

There may only be 25 kms from Sharjah to Dubai, but there is also something called traffic.

Let me explain. Traffic is defined as the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time.

In the case of the Dubai/Sharjah route this basically means at all times between 7AM and 10PM...

So yes it does take an hour (at least).

Also, Mr. Einstein, if you were to ride a camel into Dubai, it would be faster as camels do not have to worry about stop and go traffic.

Also, forgetting the traffic factor, how freakin' fast do you drive in order to cover 25 kms in 5 mins? 300+ kms/hr, thats how fast. Whats your lisence plate number? I would like to look up your speed violations... :wink:

ok it take one hr ...r u happy now lets make a party coz u r so funny ..and im so stuiped ohh my god ..plezz dnt make fun of me ....Mr EDDY Murphy . :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: MOVING TO DUBAI! HELP! Nov 10, 2005
http://www.expatsdirect.com/ed/index.cfm

good site for jobs in Dubai
Naughty Chris
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat