Moving To Dubai!

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai! Jul 08, 2005
Hi all,

My partner has been offered a permanent position in Dubai. He is going over to get the final details of the offer.

I have few questions:
- what will be the price for a two bedroom flat or house in Dubai? As close as possible from amenities such as Creche (we have a 16 months old daughter), shops, etc....
He is supposed to have 45 000 dirham allowance per annum. I wonder if this will be enough for a decent appartment in a secure area?

- then, what is the situation about job? I am a customer service adviser with more than 10 years experience and speaking languages. Do you think, I will find a job easily?

- finally, do you know if we will have to get married in order to live in Dubai?

Whoever can give me some advice based on experience, I would appreciate it.

Thanking you in advance.

See you

veronadouce
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 09, 2005
Hello,

45,000 is certainly not enough for a decent 2 bed apartment, the rents have all gone up again and you'd be lucky to find one for anything less than 70,000Dhs a year in a decent area.

I'm sure with your experience you wouldn't have much difficulty finding a job.

You could quite easily live with your partner without being married here, BUT the fact that you have a child together I think would pose a problem as you cannot have children out of wedlock. Single parents can move here but I think you might run into someproblems if you both came with your daughter, you'd have to look into this.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 10, 2005
i agree with chocoholic...rents right now are sky-f**king-high...so you'll have to look really hard to find a decent place that fits your budget...however, you may find a decent place in sharjah (which is about 10-15mins away from dubai if there is no traffic)...i do have to warn you that the sharjah morning office rush-hour to dubai starts from 6 in the morning till about 11am :roll:...what will take you fifteen minutes when no traffic will take you about an hour and a half atleast...

as for the point of single parents raised by chocoholic...single parents cannot sponsor their kid(s)...
devilsmind
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat