Pirates Of The Caribbean:At World's End

Topic locked
Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End May 25, 2007
The first premier is 10:30 am today, can't wait to see it. I have read there will be a fourth sequel. Couldn't be happier :)

EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 25, 2007
hope you like it

i found the movie to be a disappointment

enjoy the show
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2007
I will watch it 8)
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 25, 2007
Bleakus wrote:hope you like it

enjoy the show

As a matter of a fact I did enjoy it. I know it is not a Clint Eastwood movie but sometimes a person needs those types of movies for laughs and for coming back with high morals to DF. And for the weirdest reason in the world, I have a crush on Davy Jones :oops:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 25, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:I will watch it 8)

You will enjoy it. I did more than Spidy 3, won't write any spoilers :)
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Pirates ... May 25, 2007
Personally i felt the film was slightly overated and a bit too long, definatly not the best of the three.
Marcus0992
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 26, 2007
s h i t tiest movie ive seen in ages

elizabeth becomes the king of the pirate brotherhood, aslo captian of the chink ship,

will becomes captian of the flying dutchman

jack swallows is retarded as usual, oh he kills the guy with the octupus head

the black woman turns out to be a goddess

and that barbosa steals the black pearl in the end, but swallows teals his map of the fountain of youth

overall, a pretty s h i t moive
errtime
Dubai forums Addict

May 26, 2007
errtime wrote:s h i t tiest movie ive seen in ages

elizabeth becomes the king of the pirate brotherhood, aslo captian of the chink ship,

will becomes captian of the flying dutchman

jack swallows is retarded as usual, oh he kills the guy with the octupus head

the black woman turns out to be a goddess

and that barbosa steals the black pearl in the end, but swallows teals his map of the fountain of youth

overall, a pretty s h i t moive

You just couldn't help it, did you errtime? Spoiling the movie for the rest :wink:
It was fair good; the second one is the best. I just love Davy Jones.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 26, 2007
Bleakus wrote:hope you like it

enjoy the show

Funny, during the commercials before the movie started, there was "Shrek:The Third" trailer. When Prince Charming slapped his face, I thought: here goes Bleakus avatar! :)
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 26, 2007
^^^^ sheesh

u love the guy with the octopus head.
errtime
Dubai forums Addict

May 26, 2007
errtime wrote:^^^^ sheesh

u love the guy with the octopus head.

LOL! :lol:
Yup, I do, with passion. All my friends were like "ewwww" whenever he appears, they were disgusted particullary by the thing behind his head.
Bill isn't bad either though he is way old.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 27, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Funny, during the commercials before the movie started, there was "Shrek:The Third" trailer. When Prince Charming slapped his face, I thought: here goes Bleakus avatar! :)

yeah the movie is great ;) cant wait
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Funny, during the commercials before the movie started, there was "Shrek:The Third" trailer. When Prince Charming slapped his face, I thought: here goes Bleakus avatar! :)

yeah the movie is great ;) cant wait

I like it too, I have my calendar marked for it and for Zodiac.
Shrek will be released on June the 7th. Sounds pretty funny, hope it will be like the other two.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 27, 2007
the trailer looks pretty nice, it should be good :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2007
just saw it last night, i thought it was much better than the last one .. the final fight between sparrow and davie jones was really good ... i was under the impression this was the last one but the ending made it seem like there might be more !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2007
MaaaD wrote:just saw it last night, i thought it was much better than the last one .. the final fight between sparrow and davie jones was really good ... i was under the impression this was the last one but the ending made it seem like there might be more !

Yeah, a lot of people are thinking of a fourth sequel, it will be about the fountain of youth. Don't know, it would be wonderful if there will be a fourth one though no Davy Jones will be in it :cry:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 27, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Don't know, it would be wonderful if there will be a fourth one though no Davy Jones will be in it :cry:

Dont worry its not like the sequel doesn't have a history of bringing back people from the dead !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2007
I was hoping this movie would be better than the previous two. There were scenes in this movie that were just unnecessary. They're trying to add a little too much humor this time with scenes that didn't make any sense at all.

The movie doesn't end the way you expect it to either. I agree with bleakus, it was disappointing. It ends in a way to probably make it easier for yet another sequel. I got bored in the theater and kept looking at my watch and wishing to pull the second hand of my wrist watch to make time faster and kept asking myself repeatedly: WHEN IS THIS MOVIE GOING TO END?

Beau liked the movie. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I thought the movie was boring. It sucks big time. It's the worst and longest of the three movies.

I could watch this on DVD using the fast forward button.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 28, 2007
wow asc u agreed with me ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2007
I wasted 30 dirhams and 3 hours for this crap! There is no coherent storyline and Mr. Depp is overacting and is not funny!
Everyone has their own agenda, so many irrelevant things happening, blah, blah.. I'm tired.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

May 28, 2007
I've been umming and ahhing whether to go see this or not. Still can't make up my mind.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 28, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I've been umming and ahhing whether to go see this or not. Still can't make up my mind.

It's boring, you'll sleep inside the cinema.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 29, 2007
all my kids thought it was boring
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 29, 2007
yujinn wrote:I wasted 30 dirhams and 3 hours for this crap! There is no coherent storyline and Mr. Depp is overacting and is not funny!
Everyone has their own agenda, so many irrelevant things happening, blah, blah.. I'm tired.

I have to agree on the Depp part, he was not funny at all and sounded "acting" in a bad way which was surprising because he is a very talented actor. But Davy Jones and Barbossa saved the film, at least for me.
The special effects (I don't what is it called properly) was magnificent, each time The Flying Dutchman jumps out of the water is a breath taking scene, the huge water circle and when the ship turned upside down are great, terrifically made one too.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2007
:? :? :? :?
I was going to go and see this at the weekend. Think I'll give it a miss now, wait for the DVD and go see Zodiac instead.
Jimmys Suntan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 29, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:The special effects (I don't what is it called properly) was magnificent, each time The Flying Dutchman jumps out of the water is a breath taking scene, the huge water circle and when the ship turned upside down are great, terrifically made one too.

yeah the special effects in the movie were great, very well done in that part :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2007
shrek 3 and zodiac weren't that great...

actually, zodiac was horrible.

shrek 3 was all right...but not funnier than the second one.

Pirates I liked simply because the man i am infatuated with is in the movie...so I think any answer I give is bias... :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 01, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:The special effects (I don't what is it called properly) was magnificent, each time The Flying Dutchman jumps out of the water is a breath taking scene, the huge water circle and when the ship turned upside down are great, terrifically made one too.

yeah the special effects in the movie were great, very well done in that part :D

The won an Oscar last year, hope they'd nailed this year too. There are so many great behind the scene videos of POTC in YouTube, pretty amazing. I loved the creation of Davy Jones, pure genius:

EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 01, 2007
pretty interesting vids, thanks for sharing diva
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 01, 2007
MaaaD wrote:i was under the impression this was the last one but the ending made it seem like there might be more !

Especially if you see the bit after the credits. Yeah, long but good fun and great special effects.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk