Package Offer, Need Actualized Fgures

Topic locked
Package offer, need actualized fgures May 29, 2007
Hi everybody,

I know that this question has been answered several times on this forum. I read all the posts but as I have to take an important decision for the future of my family, please help me with actualized figures.

So I have an offer from an investment bank = 420 KAED + medical insurance.

All charges are included (accomodation, car, tickets...)

I will be there with my spouse (no children). I will have to search a 2 Br appartment.

Do you think that it will be OK ?

My second question is that I will work at DIFC, in which area should I rent appartment ?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Houcem
Dubai Forum Guest

May 29, 2007
It'll be more than OK.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 30, 2007
Can someone please post a sticky saying that anything above 300k per year is more than okay? It's getting ridiculous seeing people still worried after getting such high packages.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 30, 2007
i don't blame people for asking the question, as repeptive as it is-- it is such a big decision to make!

here's a great spreadsheet that gives you a sense of salaries here:

http://www.grapeshisha.com/grapeshishat ... laries.xls.
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2007
gtmash wrote:Can someone please post a sticky saying that anything above 300k per year is more than okay? It's getting ridiculous seeing people still worried after getting such high packages.

I absolutely agree...And is the search function disabled??
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

May 30, 2007
gtmash wrote:Can someone please post a sticky saying that anything above 300k per year is more than okay? It's getting ridiculous seeing people still worried after getting such high packages.

But we need also to put at the same time the figures of the components (food, apt, car, etc) which we think decent (or better to provide levels: acceptable, more than acceptable, luxury). Some people OK with even 120K/pa, some people not OK with even 300K/pa.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 30, 2007
Hey Houcem, welcome to Dubai. The package is good as far as living costs go... you can trust that you won't be starving and walking naked on the streets anytime soon. Whether the package is "good" or not depends... how many years of relevant experience do you have and which firms have you worked with?
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

May 30, 2007
Thank you all for these responses.

I apologize for those who consider this question recurrent. But it is a so important decision :roll:

Can you please advice me where to rent an appart as I will work at DIFC ?
Houcem
Dubai Forum Guest

May 30, 2007

That would be misleading ... if you have 3+ children and what not 300K might not be okay. What you think is a high package might not even cut it for another person.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2007
Houcem wrote:Can you please advice me where to rent an appart as I will work at DIFC ?

Depends when are you coming here .. ? DIFC actually has free hold property open to foriegners so you might consider buying ? the prices are a bit pricier than other areas of dubai but i think its worth it. Anyway you can really rent anywhere in Sheikh Zayed Road, Jumeirah, Umm Suquiem, Marina, Springs, Meadows etc .. anything in the south parts of the city should be fine since you will be reverse commuting
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum