Impossible To Pass The Road Test In DXB

Topic locked
Impossible to pass the road test in DXB Mar 28, 2007
This is my 3rd time trying for the road test with Emirates Driving School. I know I have given my best shots so far..but I failed once more again. In my opinion, the examiner shouldn't judge the student within 5 minutes of drive. One mistake then you are failed. In this 5 minutes, you have to be perfect in everything.

It's a shame that even though they have such strict rules in passing the road test, why are there so many lunatics driving in this country? How did they ever pass such a gruelsome test???

What does one really have to do to pass this test?

Sad & disheartened :(
Mumof2

Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 28, 2007
dont worry ur close to getting it, even i failed twice before getting it on the third attempt. once i failed for driving at the right speed in the residential area and the guy wanted me to drive at 10 km above the limit. second time i agree it was a mistake, a small one for not looking in the rear view mirror after making a U turn.

On the third attempt according to him i made no mistakes, but i had :) but still i passed. On the same day there was an egyptian with us for the test first time, he spoke to the police in arabic and got his license in first go even after breaking the most important of the rules.

The cop on all three ocassions for me was the same, so maybe he realised it was my third attempt and took pity on me and cleared me :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Impossible to pass the road test in DXB Mar 28, 2007
Mumof2 wrote:This is my 3rd time trying for the road test with Emirates Driving School. I know I have given my best shots so far..but I failed once more again. In my opinion, the examiner shouldn't judge the student within 5 minutes of drive. One mistake then you are failed. In this 5 minutes, you have to be perfect in everything.

It's a shame that even though they have such strict rules in passing the road test, why are there so many lunatics driving in this country? How did they ever pass such a gruelsome test???

Mumof2

5 mins is more than enough to judge the driving or mental state of any body. The minute you get in the car you yourself know if you are going to get the license or not.

I have seen people get so nervous with the cops sitting next to them that they all do silly mistakes like not wearing seat belts, leaving the hazards on etc...How do you expect to pass..

It is all in the confidence you show when you sit down....

I personally got my license in the 1st try in AUH ditto for my wife, bro.

Also depends if you have been driving before or if its ur first time behind the wheel.

cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 28, 2007
Lucky for you Jeevan. I had 3 different examiner for 3 tests, so I don't think they'd pity me much? Would they have record that how many times I failed? If they see that record then I may have a chance on my 4th?
It's not only about giving the road tests. The emirates driving has been chaging their rules every time. Last year, if u failed in 1 test then you can give the re-test within a week. Beginning of this year, they change to 1 month, and now 15 days and again 8 days of training for the next road test. Mmmmph..they are only trying to rip us off I guess! :roll:
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 28, 2007
like devil said, its all about confidence, but luck factor is involved as well, depends on the mood of the examiner, i have seen it happen the cop is in a bad mood and just fails people at one go, others are in a good mood they pass even pathetic drivers.

nah they dont know how many times u have appeared i guess. but be confident, dont show signs of nervousness, just do the basics right and they would give u the license, i agree they have made it a lot stricter now, but hang in u will get it. and let us know when u do :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2007
Jeevan wrote:
On the third attempt according to him i made no mistakes, but i had :) but still i passed. On the same day there was an egyptian with us for the test first time, he spoke to the police in arabic and got his license in first go even after breaking the most important of the rules.

What :shock: :shock: :shock: They should make them take 10 test and even then they should give them a "conditional" license. I've been to Cairo twice and it is nuts there!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mumof2 wrote:This is my 3rd time trying for the road test with Emirates Driving School. I know I have given my best shots so far..but I failed once more again. In my opinion, the examiner shouldn't judge the student within 5 minutes of drive. One mistake then you are failed. In this 5 minutes, you have to be perfect in everything.

Mumof2

Maybe you are a just nervous and maybe you just don't know how to drive yet. More lessons won't hurt you.

Good luck next time. You will be a better driver then.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2007
ok listen to the mistakes he made and u would freak

1. while starting and getting out of the parking after the person before him had parked rather than going ahead which would have been the right direction he went in reverse.

2. while changing lanes dint see the car in the blind spot and nearly went onto it( the police corrected it).

3. Drove at 110 in a 80 speed lane.

4. The funniest one gave the right indicator and mande a left turn.

and still he passed :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2007
dont worry dude, youll make

i had to fail 6 times before i could pass my 7th try
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mumof2

You are not alone. I failed several times. The last one, he said to me to buy a car with a driver. He asked me to take U-turn, i didn't because there's no U-turn sign. I am confident that i was able to make it, but then, he wrote in the paper FAILED, not staying in one lane. :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 28, 2007
Yes same with me for my 1st test. There was no left turn and she asked me to turn left. I said - 'Mam there's no left turn', then she said 'I know'. I think she was testing my attentiveness, but never-the-less, I failed on that one too.
3rd, 4th or forever..I am loosing my hope now!..Sigh...
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2007
Well guys,

I already have a U.A.E driving license without taking the test! how ? becuase I have an American driving license and all I had to do was to pay the fee and I had my license, I didn't have to take any driving tests or written tests! whoohoo!
techsource2005
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2007
techsource2005 wrote:Well guys,

I already have a U.A.E driving license without taking the test! how ? becuase I have an American driving license and all I had to do was to pay the fee and I had my license, I didn't have to take any driving tests or written tests! whoohoo!

So what about your signature statement????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 11, 2007
that's because I don't have a degree, I am in U.S.A right now and im studing at a college here, I will come back to Dubai when I get my bachelors
techsource2005
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2007
uhhmm......i dunno about u guys.... but i think i've heard enuff nightmare stories about driving tests!! personally it scared the hell out of me and my wife.....

but u know what..... its all crap! my wife got a lil unlucky and had to take it 2 times. the instructor said she was fantastic and didn't know why she failed the first time

as for me, i took less than 5 of the mandatory lessons and passed the first time. unfortunately, the other 3 in my car failed. let me tell u why:

1. during my driving school assessment, a central asian man didn't know how to brake and didn't stop at the T junction and nearly rammed into moving traffic in front.

2. during my driving exam, there were 4 of us.... i was the last dude to take the exam. first dude sped all the way for 5 minutes.... turning abruptly and stopping abruptly

3. the 2nd dude.... had no confidence whatsoever....when he's supposed to turn into a junction... he overshot the turn and tried turning into the junction

4. the 3rd....was the most pitiful......he got into the car...it was right in front of a roundabout and when the instructor told him to turn left... he obviously went straight. failed within first 100 metres! was told to stop at the side right after we pass the roundabout

I think u guys have to take a look at yourselves before pointing fingers.... seriously...before i took the exam i had the jitters coz of all the horror stories....but actually...its not really true.
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum