AIR FRANCE SUCKS!

Topic locked
AIR FRANCE SUCKS! Apr 01, 2007
Just wanted to ask if anyone else had horrible experiences with Air France before? Everytime I take them, I say to myself NEVER AGAIN, but somehow I always forget :evil:

This time, my grandmother passes away, and they won't allow me to fly a day earlier (although the plane has seats open). How heartless can these people be :?: :cry:

dxbexpat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 01, 2007
maybe its their company policy....

did they give you an explanation as to why the wont allow you to?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Explanation? Apr 01, 2007
Explanation? Sure. They said the ticket is non-refundable, non-changeable.

I mean, it's not like they wanted to charge me for this change and that I refused. Honestly, I have no problem paying a few hundred Dirhams...they're just being F*****G stupid! :evil: and that's what annoys the heck out of me. Now I have to buy a ticket from Etihad for AED 1700. It's not like I have a donkey at home c*****g money for me to spend.

Speaking of customer service! :!:
dxbexpat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 01, 2007
Actually you should always check what ticket you're buying from airlines. As normally the cheapest ones aren't changeable or refundable. Everytime I enquire with an airline about booking tickets, I always find out when the payment date is, can it be changed and upto what point can there be a refund made.

Maybe a little research and asking of questions on your part would avoid this hassle in future.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2007
I did air france from Dubai to JFK before. - it did also suck.

I always try to go emirates now.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Apr 02, 2007
They're French, what do you expect!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Air France Apr 14, 2007
Choco,

I knew from the onset that my ticket was non-changeable....however, since they had a seat available a day earlier, it would have been a thing of customer service to allow me to fly.

Eventually, they requested a death certificate, which I faxed them like last minute....and they allowed me to fly earlier. Thanks to them for that.

However, it would have been no hassle and the right thing to do had they asked for this earlier, without me having to suffer 10 heart attacks on the phone.
dxbexpat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 16, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:They're French, what do you expect!

You'll die for that...

:lol:
JackTheRipper
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 19, 2007
Thats the standard T&C for non-flexi flight on AF. Thats the ticket class you purchased and they have an allocated amount per flight. They have to compete with airlines that have a swagger more government subsidies/allowances + aging stewardesses waiting for retirement cheques so how else do you expect them to keep their prices low?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list