2007 Cricket World Cup

Topic locked
Mar 24, 2007
benwj wrote:
Galactico wrote:I just heard the news Bob Woolmer was murdered :shock: :shock:

They obviously delayed that anouncment until after the game against Zim.

The rumour is that he was going to lift the lid on a match fixing ring.
Which begs the question: Did Pakistan loose to Ireland on purpose?

No point staying up to watch India any longer.
At least I'll be able to rest easy tonight, unlike Greg Chappel who will be watching his back.

Yeh looks like all hell is going to break tomorrow morning in India.

So much speculation about the Bob Woolmer murder at the moment was it something to do with match fixing or was it a fan or maybe it's not even cricket related it could be anything. :shock:

Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 25, 2007
I hear the Pakistanis have given up Cricket and taking up bob slaying!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Well... we're into the Super 8 now.... and the lineup is looking like some pretty competitive games.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2007
Dr.D wrote:Well... we're into the Super 8 now.... and the lineup is looking like some pretty competitive games.

Is "my" team in it? West Indies?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
yea mate ur team is in there :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Concord wrote:
Dr.D wrote:Well... we're into the Super 8 now.... and the lineup is looking like some pretty competitive games.

Yep, you play Australia tomorrow night.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2007
Dr.D wrote:
Concord wrote:

oh sh!t :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Concord wrote:
Dr.D wrote:
Concord wrote:

oh sh!t :shock:

You said it :)
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 26, 2007
what say concord, will west indies or australia win? will it be a good competitive game or walkover for australia, now that India is out i am cheering for Australia :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Jeevan wrote:what say concord, will west indies or australia win? will it be a good competitive game or walkover for australia, now that India is out i am cheering for Australia :)

You should have cheered for us from Day 1 :)
^ian^

Mar 26, 2007
nah mate am patriotic when India plays i cheer for them, now that they are out am cheering for my next fav team :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Jeevan wrote:what say concord, will west indies or australia win? will it be a good competitive game or walkover for australia, now that India is out i am cheering for Australia :)

You never know. Conventional wisdom (and the form of the team) says that Australia will win but....

For example, in football this past weekend should have been a "walkover" for England. Result England 0 Israel 0.

By the way, when was the last time the Windies won anything big - it seems they've won stuff but that was when Sage was still middle-aged.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
they won the champions trophy, the one before australia won it:) its a knockout version of worldcup. thats the biggest one they have won in recent past
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Jeevan wrote:they won the champions trophy, the one before australia won it:) its a knockout version of worldcup. thats the biggest one they have won in recent past

To be fair though, the West Indies enjoyed many years of dominance from the seventies to the eighties (70s - 80s for the rest of you) - they are still a side that can topple giants but they aren't a patch on their former self.

Bear in mind also though, only a handful of teams have really done anything in cricket over the past 5 years.
^ian^

Mar 26, 2007
I watch TV no more. Papers are torn everyday. Siblings are into this cricket thing even if we don't have team of our own. Wish this would finish very soon before something will happen…

I’d go for West Indies. Wanna bet?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2007
whats the bet dpends on that
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Jeevan wrote:they won the champions trophy, the one before australia won it:) its a knockout version of worldcup. thats the biggest one they have won in recent past

To be fair though, the West Indies enjoyed many years of dominance from the seventies to the eighties (70s - 80s for the rest of you) - they are still a side that can topple giants but they aren't a patch on their former self.

Bear in mind also though, only a handful of teams have really done anything in cricket over the past 5 years.

So there is hope for the Windies.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I’d go for West Indies.

They've got daily flights to West Indies via UK. Send postcard.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I watch TV no more. Papers are torn everyday. Siblings are into this cricket thing even if we don't have team of our own. Wish this would finish very soon before something will happen…

Come off it. This is the greatest spectacle in the world!

Not our fault your country doesn't know which end of a cricket bat to hold!
^ian^

Mar 26, 2007
Bangladesh has already won by going ahead of India and Pakistan. It wouldn't matter if they lose now, as they'd be considered heroes, while the other two teams fear for their lives in their own countries.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2007
gtmash wrote:Bangladesh has already won by going ahead of India and Pakistan. It wouldn't matter if they lose now, as they'd be considered heroes, while the other two teams fear for their lives in their own countries.

Which is just nutso. Cricket is a game... people should remember that.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
asc_26 wrote:I watch TV no more. Papers are torn everyday. Siblings are into this cricket thing even if we don't have team of our own. Wish this would finish very soon before something will happen…

Come off it. This is the greatest spectacle in the world!

Not our fault your country doesn't know which end of a cricket bat to hold!

Hissy fit as usual. We prefer baseball. We don't need to let the ball bounce before hitting it with a bet. Cricket is OK to watch.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2007
people have their own choices, but i would still say bowling a ball and making it do what it does after hitting the ground is more difficult than throwing direct :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Jeevan wrote:people have their own choices, but i would still say bowling a ball and making it do what it does after hitting the ground is more difficult than throwing direct :lol:

Ohh really?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
Jeevan wrote:people have their own choices, but i would still say bowling a ball and making it do what it does after hitting the ground is more difficult than throwing direct :lol:

Ohh really?

Really. Try it some time.

Cricket demands a lot more skill than baseball. I don't think we should have a religious argument about it, but there's a lot more to it than just smashing a ball.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2007
Dr.D wrote:
asc_26 wrote:

Ohh really?

Really. Try it some time.

Cricket demands a lot more skill than baseball. I don't think we should have a religious argument about it, but there's a lot more to it than just smashing a ball.

:geek:
We should have sports forum! Geez...can't wait to have sports debate. Oopps... i should post this in suggestion forum.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2007
I think cricketers can make good baseball players but wouldnt be true vice versa :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Jeevan wrote:I think cricketers can make good baseball players but wouldnt be true vice versa :lol:

Adam Gilchrist was already offered something silly once to go to the US and play baseball.
^ian^

Mar 26, 2007
Jeevan wrote:I think cricketers can make good baseball players but wouldnt be true vice versa :lol:

Jeevs, if ever admin will open the sports forum, Can i be the moderator? :oops: At least my dream job (sports analyst) came true even in virtual life. Yey! ASC is dreaming again. But yeah, i know more than a handful of sports, don't play all of them though.

But for your hmmm yummy question, let's reserve it some time. No intentions to hijack this thread. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2007
asc_26 wrote:

Jeevs, if ever admin will open the sports forum, Can i be the moderator? :oops: At least my dream job (sports analyst) came true even in virtual life. Yey! ASC is dreaming again. But yeah, i know more than a handful of sports, don't play all of them though.

But for your hmmm yummy question, let's reserve it some time. No intentions to hijack this thread. :D

Yummy question?
^ian^

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat