2007 Cricket World Cup

Topic locked
Mar 20, 2007
okies lets get back to business

finally india did something worthwhile even though it was against bermuda, Yuvi was a treat to watch , sheer murder, hope they repeat it against sri lanka

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
kay1730 wrote:
Jeevan wrote:Kay ur anger reflected 4 times :lol: :lol:

HP why dont u let him be :) hes not used to you as yet

LOL. :) :) i dont know how you guys bear with him, i cant stand him.

Has he always been like this.

You are actually entertaining HP. You're so wound up by his posts. Don't bite, otherwise he'll keep feeding you. Right HP?

*I can hear HP's (((lol)))*

I see. Thanks for the advice. point noted. :) its just that ive neva come across such an ediot before.
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 20, 2007
Jeevan wrote:okies lets get back to business

finally india did something worthwhile even though it was against bermuda, Yuvi was a treat to watch , sheer murder, hope they repeat it against sri lanka

The india- Bermuda match was a delight to watch. Loved all the sixes.

Do you think South africa will beat indias top score against scotland.
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 20, 2007

The india- Bermuda match was a delight to watch. Loved all the sixes.

Do you think South africa will beat indias top score against scotland.
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 20, 2007
Lets get back to Cricket but

I dont want to let this third class British immigrants to say

"we lost to Ireland" .

I dont understand British govt feed them and they r still not sincere to them :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 20, 2007
HP wrote:Lets get back to Cricket but

I dont want to let this third class British immigrants to say

"we lost to Ireland" .

I dont understand British govt feed them and they r still not sincere to them :lol:

Geuss what HP.

WE LOST TO IRELAND. 8)
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 20, 2007

Did you see that catch from that big guy from Bemuda flippen heck that guy can move :shock: :shock:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 20, 2007
Galactico wrote:

Did you see that catch from that big guy from Bemuda flippen heck that guy can move :shock: :shock:

Yea it was shocking. He looked funny tho.
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 20, 2007
kay1730 wrote:
Galactico wrote:

Yea it was shocking. He looked funny tho.

I know they were laughing at him on sky news aswell :lol:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 20, 2007
Did anyone hear the Flintof interview, watch him against Kenya, bet he plays like a demon.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 20, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Did anyone hear the Flintof interview, watch him against Kenya, bet he plays like a demon.

What Flintoff did was wrong but atleast he knows now no man is bigger then the team.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 20, 2007
Galactico wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Did anyone hear the Flintof interview, watch him against Kenya, bet he plays like a demon.

What Flintoff did was wrong but atleast he knows now no man is bigger then the team.

Agreed man
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 20, 2007
The history of the Ashes has also been laced with psychological jousting between matches.

Here are some of the best sledging exchanges over 150 years of cricket:

"Surely, you're not going, Doc? There's still one stump standing."
Fast bowler Charles Kortright after clean bowling W.G. Grace in 1898

"They have come to watch me bat, not you bowl."
W.G. Grace, responding to being bowled off the first ball in a exhibition match. He replaced the bails and resumed his innings.

"All Australians are uneducated, and an unruly mob."
Douglas Jardine, the England skipper infamous for his Bodyline bowling tactics Down Under in 1932-33.

"If we don't beat you, we'll knock your b***** heads off."
England's Bill Voce to Australia's Vic Richardson in 1932.

"There are two teams out there on the oval. One is playing cricket, the other is not."
Battered Aussie skipper Bill Woodfull at the 1932-33 Third Test.

"Well bowled, Harold."
Jardine to Larwood after the world's fastest bowler hit Woodfull near the heart.

"A fine b***** way to start a series."
Hammond to Bradman as 'the Don' declines to walk after a 'catch' behind in 1946.

"Well bowled, you b****** - now give me the b***** ball!"
Tony Lock, after fellow England spinner Jim Laker took 19 Aussie wickets at Old Trafford in 1956.

"Don't bother shutting it, son - you won't be out there long enough."
England paceman Fred Trueman to an Aussie batsman as he walked through the pavilion gate in the early 1960s.

"Kid yourself it's a Sunday, Rev - and put your hands together."
Fred Trueman to butter-fingered England team-mate David Sheppard.

"The only fellow I've met who fell in love with himself at a young age and has remained faithful ever since."

Aussie pace ace Dennis Lillee on England opener Geoffrey Boycott.

"Who's this, then? Father f***ing Christmas?"
Aussie speedster Jeff Thomson, greeting silver-haired David Steele at Lords in 1975.

"I hate bowling at you. I'm not as good at hitting a moving target."
Lillee to unorthodox English batsman Derek Randall.

" Boycott? Bounce the c***, Edrich? Bounce the c***, Willis? Slog the c***, Underwood? B***** tight - hard to get away. Slog the c***!"
Ian Chappell addresses an Australian team meeting.

"I've faced bigger, uglier bowlers than you, mate - now f**k off and bowl the next one."
Aussie legend Allan Border to England seamer Angus Fraser.

"You've got to bat on this in a minute, Tufnell. Hospital food suit you?"
Oz paceman Craig McDermott to England batting rabbit Phil Tufnell.

"Mate, if you just turn the bat over you'll find the instructions on the back."
Merv Hughes sledges England's Robin Smith

"If it had been a cheese roll, it would never have got past him."
Graham Gooch on England team-mate Mike Gatting being bowled by Shane Warne's "ball of the century" in 1993.

"When the pressure point comes, England's cricketers crumble."
Warne. 1997

"They are the greatest bunch of sledgers there's ever been."
Aussie legend Neil Harvey on his country's 2001 national team.

"Do you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you might have dropped the Ashes?"
Tufnell to Warne at a Melbourne awards ceremony in February this year. Warne dropped Kevin Pietersen on the last day of the final 2005 Ashes Test - with his pal Pietersen 'thanking him' with 158

:lol: :lol:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 20, 2007
Galactico wrote:

Its not wrong unless it affects his performance.
The only mistake he made was to say that "it won't happen again".
Never say never Freddy.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 21, 2007
It now appears Bob Woolmer WAS murdered... poisoned.

This is sad news... if anything thinks Pakistan should remain in the ICC now they have rocks in their head.

Heads up loons - don't blame the coach - your team sucked.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2007
yep watched the news, it was pathetic, if its true pakistan shud be banned for life, utter disgrace.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 21, 2007
Certainly the ICC should revoke their test status until they can learn to be civilised.

Cricket is a gentlemen's game. You don't go burning effigies of players and captains when your team loses, and you certainly don't kill the coach.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2007
Wow Ian, that's some accusation, I believe all that has been stated at this time is suspicious circumstances.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 21, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Wow Ian, that's some accusation, I believe all that has been stated at this time is suspicious circumstances.

Who's Ian?
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2007
Dr.D wrote:Certainly the ICC should revoke their test status until they can learn to be civilised.

Cricket is a gentlemen's game. You don't go burning effigies of players and captains when your team loses, and you certainly don't kill the coach.

WOW...you got some special powers to see the past mate !!!

A. Until police investigates the cause of death, it is marked as suspicious circumstances and that includes suicide & murder. This is a common practice in UK & other countries.

B. Even if Woolmer was murdered, what benefit would it give to Pakistan cricket team? They were shattered any way after loosing. Even a rock head would know that coach was not the cause of the defeat, it was the team itself.
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2007
iceman wrote:
Dr.D wrote:Certainly the ICC should revoke their test status until they can learn to be civilised.

A. Until police investigates the cause of death, it is marked as suspicious circumstances and that includes suicide & murder. This is a common practice in UK & other countries.

B. Even if Woolmer was murdered, what benefit would it give to Pakistan cricket team? They were shattered any way after loosing. Even a rock head would know that coach was not the cause of the defeat, it was the team itself.

With respect to point A - he didn't die in the UK - you should know by now the rules of your lovely Britannia don't always apply elsewhere. News is coming in pretty thick and fast.

With respect to point B - I have no doubt that people who burn effigies of players and coaches in mass public parades would also go to the lengths to take a persons life.

On a side note... you do realise that Woolmer and Hanse Cronje were good friends, and some suspected (but could never prove) he was tied up in the match fixing scandal. What were the odds on Ireland to beat Pakistan?
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2007
not really a cricket fan, but this is pretty cool!

nathooarif
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 21, 2007
Shocking news if he is murdered :shock: :shock:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 21, 2007
This is just pathetic. Such situations should not even arise in the first place. i just cant belive someone one can do someting like this. If this is true, just imagine the Consiquenses.
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 21, 2007
Dr.D wrote:
iceman wrote:

With respect to point A - he didn't die in the UK - you should know by now the rules of your lovely Britannia don't always apply elsewhere. News is coming in pretty thick and fast.

Hey Dude...1st: Whoever owns this lovely Britannia I don't care....but I definately don't belong from there...2nd Read carefully...I did mention OTHER COUNTRIES

With respect to point B - I have no doubt that people who burn effigies of players and coaches in mass public parades would also go to the lengths to take a persons life.

You are free to assume mate...but to me if there was any angry fan then it was team who was in danger of getting hurt not the coach.

On a side note... you do realise that Woolmer and Hanse Cronje were good friends, and some suspected (but could never prove) he was tied up in the match fixing scandal. What were the odds on Ireland to beat Pakistan?

On the reply of your cute side note: No doubt they were good friends & Cronje was involved in match fixing AND he was also killed in a plane accident....don't you think his death was SUSPICIOUS?

If again there is match fixing involved here...then what benifit somebody gets by killing the coach after the match? Match is lost in the ground by the team not by the coach who is sitting outside. So if there was an angry better or fan then the logical target is team...not the coach
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 21, 2007
iceman wrote:On the reply of your cute side note: No doubt they were good friends & Cronje was involved in match fixing AND he was also killed in a plane accident....don't you think his death was SUSPICIOUS?

If again there is match fixing involved here...then what benifit somebody gets by killing the coach after the match? Match is lost in the ground by the team not by the coach who is sitting outside. So if there was an angry better or fan then the logical target is team...not the coach

Firstly, a lot of people think Cronje's death was suspicious.

Finally, you doth protest too much. I have alerted the authorities to your defensive nature.

I think you did it.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2007
Check the facts and open ur brain , instead of opening ur mouth. It cause of death is still unknow and if it is murder then you can not blame some specific person.

1= Pakistani team was responsible for loss not the coach. He someone wanted to kill then he would have killed all Pakistani team.

2= What can someone get after killing him? The direction of anger was toward "Inzi" .

3= WI shuld have provided enough secruity to cricket teams if it was killing incident .

4= why shuld pakistani players will kill someone when they were the part of game?

5= He died in WI not in Pakistan .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 21, 2007
Dr.D wrote:
Finally, you doth protest too much. I have alerted the authorities to your defensive nature.

I think you did it.

Dude...I don't protest....I just try to be fair !

Cheers,
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2007
I just heard the news Bob Woolmer was murdered :shock: :shock:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 24, 2007
Galactico wrote:I just heard the news Bob Woolmer was murdered :shock: :shock:

They obviously delayed that anouncment until after the game against Zim.

The rumour is that he was going to lift the lid on a match fixing ring.
Which begs the question: Did Pakistan loose to Ireland on purpose?

No point staying up to watch India any longer.
At least I'll be able to rest easy tonight, unlike Greg Chappel who will be watching his back.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat