Satellite TV...which One?

Topic locked
Satellite TV...which one? Sep 10, 2005
I searched around on the forum but couldn't get any. I'm new in Dubai. Which operator do I get. I checked the internet and I found Firstnet, Orbit and Showtime. All giving me a bit of everything which i want.

I also heard there are other types as well which is not a monthly subs basis.

Please help

acegreaser
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 10, 2005
depends really on what you want :)

Showtime has more american tv than the rest .. Orbit is a better choice if your looking for a more diverse set of channels they have a good Arabic selection and i heard they recently added filipino channels too. I have never heard of the first one you mentioned.

BTW, You canget cable (E-vision or Sahm) and get those packages added on to them.

Ofcourse you can also opt to go with the free to air channels with a normal sattelite dish that will have 300+ channels.

hehe i know i might have not added anything new to you, but i have no idea what you lookin for :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2005
Thanks a lot. Basically I want a complete sports channel. I'm from South East Asia and we had Starsports and Espn which showed all the English Premier Leagus games. So I want that and some entertainment i.e a all day comedy channel. Is that possiblewith just one service provider?
acegreaser
Dubai Forum Guest

tv packages Sep 16, 2005
Hi there,

I use to have orbit but have now changed to Showtime which is much better for my needs, I also have Firstnet sports as it has the English premiership league, think it costs 129dhs for showtime and 79dhs per month for first net sports, this is through DIC telecom (use to be Sahm) so dont know if you can do the same set up through Etisalat.

Hope this helps...
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum