Blood Dripping Slowly....but Feeling Great!

Topic locked
Blood dripping slowly....but feeling great! Sep 08, 2005
Catchy title ..isnt it!

It made you look though..haha!

Anyways....

Guys....the other day, something compelled me to just stop the bus, get off the bus and walk a couple minutes towards the Sint John Blood Bank, opposite the hospital.

I had this urge to donate blood...out of the blue ..I just walked in there and told them I want to donate blood....

The staff were great.....I sat in this comfy chair and they slowly took my blood out....the nurses were amazing....they are very funny.....I had a ball....seriously....I have never laughed so hard in my life....and I had to go to donate blood just for it to happen...imagine that!

And once you are done....you help yourself to an array of juices, sweets and snacks.....personally I went straight for the chocolate cake....

I did some research online and I found that donating blood is in fact very good for you.....its like an oil change........

You generate new blood....you de-toxify and rejuvinate your body and keep all the systems running smoother than ever...

If you are a smoker, then you cant afford NOT to give blood...

It also gets rid off any stress related problems that you may have....like migranes, headaches and so on.....

Needless to say....I am feeling great....and I want to go there next week, but I can only give blood every 56 days... :(

So what are you waiting for.....

The whole process took only 20 minutes....imagine that!

Do your body and mind a favor and donate your blood today.....

Oh...btw......they told me that my blood was the High quality, grade "A" kind.......hahaha......couldnt help myself.....

Peace Out!

kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 09, 2005
The best thing to do in life is donate blood. You never know when you might need some!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2005
one more thing....i m not sure if i m right...but the blood we donate is usful for a certain period only...after that its not usable....so i prefer giving my no. to hospitals....and tell them when they requires i will donate blood...coz i have one of the most rare blood group...O neg...i m special :wink:
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

... Sep 10, 2005
Hey Kayvee,

Thats a great idea and a fantastic cuse. Could you confirm the location of the blood bank nad the process to go about the blood donation?

Thanks
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 10, 2005
I'd really love to, but I pass out whenever I have blood taken for a test - geeeezzzzz.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2005
Akasha wrote:I'd really love to, but I pass out whenever I have blood taken for a test - geeeezzzzz.

did you try to do it blindfolded ? :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hey sa4877 Sep 13, 2005
This is for sa4877........

I am glad you see it my way.......I actually gave blood in Canada where I am currently studying....but for all you wonderful people in Dubai.....well....you can go to any hospital and tell them you want to donate blood.....

Easy, isnt it?

Well, I guess now none of you have an excuse....

Cheers!
kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005
I can't- have a tattoo. Too high of a risk of hepatitis or HIV for them to make it worth taking blood- which is fair enough- but in times of real need, perhaps they make exceptions. I'm not the sort of evil princess who'd donate if I knew i had a disease :roll:

anyway, i used to donate when i was younger - to be blunt, it saves lives.
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat