Dubai Employment Board - List Of Genuine Emp Agencies

Topic locked
Dubai Employment Board - List of Genuine Emp Agencies Jan 23, 2007
Hey guys, just wanted to share this website with you, ( www.dubaiemploymentboard.com ) I feel it’s a dream come true for people wanting to differentiate authentic employment agencies apart from scammers. This site has a list of all the agencies registered in Dubai as legal businesses as well as their ratings. So I tried searching or Bayt.com as an example and saw their ratings as excellent. There are many other lists that you can check.

Finally ! some organization monitoring employment agencies.

Good Job !

CrazyDubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 26, 2007
I am not sure,
it is weird and looks like a clever way of making money.

If you really are an organisation in Dubai why is there no telephone number or postal address here?
The only reference to a person in Dubai is an IT consultant as you can see on their site:
This organization is managed and monitored by : Dr. Kadir J. Ahmed, U.K., || David F. Wilhelm - HR Manager, U.S.A, || Jawad Farooq, Senior IT Consultant, Dubai, UAE

I did not come across a site yet that demands to be notified and wants to approve an incoming link?
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 (#2) above and are interested in linking to dubaiemploymentboard.com, you must notify DEB by sending an e-mail to admin@dubaiemploymentboard . Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.

They claim to be a non-profit organisation that appraises agencies:
The DEB overlooks, monitors, and appraises employment agencies which are based in the UAE.

But I do not see any explanation or prove how they 'monitor' except:
We will forward the complaint to the relevant firm who will respond back to us.

I can do that too from my home. If a few recruitment agencies take the chance and pay for advertisements I could have some nice pocket money, as you can see on their rates card:
o Text Links 180 Days - $2000
o Company Article / Introduction 180 Days - $3400
o Paid Membership & Logo Use 365 Days - $2500

But as I said, I am not sure. It could be a clever way of making money or it could be a genuine organisation.

I am curious to hear more opinions about this.

Astrid
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai