Building In Shape Of Arab Man

Topic locked
Building in Shape of Arab Man Jan 11, 2007
This is from 7 Day - hahaha

Permanent link | no responses | Published on: Thursday, 11th January, 2007

Just when you thought Dubai’s skyline had reached its quota of bizarre ideas, along comes another radical design - the world’s largest concrete and glass, human-shaped building, complete with fabric kandura.

The dhs500 million 140-metre Burj Al Arabi building, shaped like a traditionally dressed Gulf national, will join an iPod, world-shaped islands, the elusive underwater Hydropolis hotel and the world’s next tallest building - the Burj Dubai - on the emirate’s rapidly expanding, and very unique, skyline.

The latest design concept has left many wondering, ‘What next?’ for a city where anything seems possible. Speaking about the endless possibilities open to architects in Dubai, James Turford, assistant architect at Aedas, said : “There is the potential to create a truly incredible city, with the vast amount of money and space available here. “It’s really a playground of ideas, where anything - within reason - goes.”

The Burj Al Arabi building is the brainchild of AAA Group chairman Mohammed Al Syoufi, who wanted to create a concept representing national culture and identity. He said: “It will rank alongside the Burj Al Arab and similar projects as an icon reflecting both Islamic and Arabic history, something not done before.” The hotel, which will boast 35 floors of commercial offices, will also feature seven horses on a podium, representing the seven emirates and laid in the shape of the UAE .

The kandura will be made from a special fabric that allows light to permeate through and at the very top will be a boardroom for meetings - in the ‘brain’ of the building. Construction is expected to start in the first quarter of this year but it has not been launched for sale yet.

Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 11, 2007
Sounds like BS - Who would work/live in a building with no view
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 11, 2007
http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Constr ... 95978.html

hahaha have look at the initial design!

Turns out the developer is now denying that they have approved it - probably because everyone is either laughing at it or rolling their eyes!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 11, 2007
i think it looks pretty cool :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
To me there should b more arabic architectures like they did in madinat jumeirah i find it more original n interesting than skycrapers n all thez buildings. More parks n green areas would b nice as well.
Frodo

Jan 11, 2007
Aw, I was expecting something, I don't know, human-shaped.

That looks like promotional material for Lego's new range of Arabic models.
iapetus11
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 11, 2007
This is not Architecture this is Gimmicktecture :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2007
^^^Yeah, it looks a bit conservative for this neck of the woods. I think most of us were hoping for the building to look like an action hero covered in traditional garb.

Well i did anyway....

Atleast the Arab man building can listen to his music on his enormous ipod building. Will this building be surrounded by smaller petite buildings with dark tinted facades?

The camel building can't be too far away now!!

That's why i enjoy being in the construction / development game. It's just like lego for adults. The limit is your imagination.
SNA33Y
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 11, 2007
iapetus11 wrote:That looks like promotional material for Lego's new range of Arabic models.

Your right! it does look like lego - or a giant arab transformer!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 11, 2007
SNA33Y wrote:
Atleast the Arab man building can listen to his music on his enormous ipod building. Will this building be surrounded by smaller petite buildings with dark tinted facades?

The camel building can't be too far away now!!

that would be cool tooo :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i just love how they screwing these nigga's out of there money ... an they cant even see it .... damnn now thats a clean hustle.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Jan 11, 2007
Limitless who is the main developer of the jumeirah village project denied ever approving this design and that they are marketing it before getting approval.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
MaaaD wrote:Limitless who is the main developer of the jumeirah village project denied ever approving this design and that they are marketing it before getting approval.

I thought Jumeirah Village was Nakeel, Limitless is supposed to be part of DP World. Mind you all the same when you look to the top.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
MaaaD wrote:Limitless who is the main developer of the jumeirah village project denied ever approving this design and that they are marketing it before getting approval.

I thought Jumeirah Village was Nakeel, Limitless is supposed to be part of DP World. Mind you all the same when you look to the top.

ya same shiat different company .. I think the north part is developed by nakheel but Jumeirah Village South is developed by limitless:

http://www.limitless.ae/content/Jumeira ... South.aspx
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
MaaaD wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

ya same shiat different company .. I think the north part is developed by nakheel but Jumeirah Village South is developed by limitless:

http://www.limitless.ae/content/Jumeira ... South.aspx

Yes your right, I stand corrected.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2007
I am always right ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
MaaaD wrote:I am always right ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 14, 2007
It is an ugly design and I doubt that it would appeal to anyone, National or expatriate! My guess is that it will not see the light of day!
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 14, 2007
It is an ugly design and I doubt that it would appeal to anyone, National or expatriate! My guess is that it will not see the light of day!
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 15, 2007
I found this , its not my site so dont curse me for putting a link its very funny

http://dubaiconsumermirror.blogspot.com ... -that.html
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2007
LOL! So lame!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 15, 2007
total joke

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 15, 2007
I think it's supposed to be transparent cloth so you can see outside. It'd be funny if you can see what's underneath the cloth too. And how does one clean cloth this big?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 15, 2007
appretnly the company that is designing it or making it one of the two has said it hasnt approved nothing yet so hold your horses lol
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2007
All that fancy mumbo jumbo yet 80% of the ppl in this country are all from the stone age.....

=\

There was an interview on cnn with a researcher...I saw this movie online like a year ago...and they where talking about developed countries and so on.

Quote:

So what do you think of the developing growth in certain regions of the globe?

Answer: USA is 10 years more advanced than the EU

What about Asia?

Answer: mmm...giggle....(silence)

Just coz we build building that wont even last 15 years coz their made of mud doesnt really mean anything.

And the reason why you dont see any poor people here is because they ALL GET KICKED OUT hahahah....while other countries take care of the homeless and jobless...(we're talking about thousands and even millions)

All this little black spot on the blobe does is take your money and then throw you out.......

I dont really see all the excitment..
guest999

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat