Help (trip On Friday)

Topic locked
Help (trip on Friday) Aug 23, 2005
Hello all,

I have been tracking the form for a couple of weeks now and have gained a lot of information. I will be flying in on Friday night the 26th for 3 days to do the finial interview and see the area for myself. I am from the US and have been working in Hong Kong and Macau for the last 2 years and Dubai should be a major move up in the type of city and people around me. Hong Kong is not bad, Macau is close to being like the southern part of mainland China.

What I am looking for is a person to have a drink or a bit to eat with while I’m in Dubai. I would like to talk face to face and possible get a guided tour of the area. A person can only read so much and I would like to meet someone other then people that work for the company that I am interviewing with. Sometimes you do not get the full story from employees that work for the company looking to hire you. I already have a real state person lined up but again will I get the true facts from them, with the idea that a commission is on the line.

I am not concerned if it’s a guy or girl that I meet with, what I do need is someone that knows Dubai. That works in the entertainment industry if possible or management in a company. Again from the postings I feel I can pick out a person that maybe helpful, from those responding to this post.
:)

rdoug4
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 23, 2005
Hi there, I am from HK toooo. Nice to meet you!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 23, 2005
i was born here, but what do I know :wink:

I must be too young to be of use to anyone. hahaa
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 23, 2005
I dont have alot of time to waste but give me a shout when your in town and ill "guide" you.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 24, 2005
:o Thank you all I will PM you the people who responded. I should not be surprised with the lack of response to this post. It’s easier for a lot of people to just type. :!:
rdoug4
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Help (trip on Friday) Aug 24, 2005
rdoug4 wrote:What I am looking for is a person to have a drink or a bit to eat with while I’m in Dubai. I would like to talk face to face and possible get a guided tour of the area. A person can only read so much and I would like to meet someone other then people that work for the company that I am interviewing with. :)

Hi there,

May I join you to the "introduction drink" ? I supose to land on th 28th August early morning - after checkin at Crowne Plaza - and a few hours sleep - I would like to go out and meet someone who can share "live" about Dubai / lifestyle. (in case i dont have to show up at the office)

Robert
RobertS
Dubai Forum User

Aug 24, 2005
sure the more the merrier.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 24, 2005
smartd, I PM Roberts and have his contact information
rdoug4
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 24, 2005
I would hook up but I am in Canada.... I will only be coming for a visit in early September (job prospecting for a few weeks)....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 25, 2005
bad news folks. i'll have to take a raincheck as, i'm booked on a flight to saudi friday afternoon and i have no clue when i'll be back. :evil:

enjoy the town while i'm away.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 25, 2005
Smartd, sorry to here we will not be able to meet. Hope it’s a good flight for you. Are you crew or pilot? I have a friend flying Friday afternoon to Saudi, what are the chances??

Well BobbieMasoner and FeiPo it’s up to the two or one of you if the time is available. It looks like its 2 new Dubai people and me (possible newbie) to get the low down on Dubai in person.

Panaghoy you need to join in on this meeting/drink. After 7 months you should have some good insight to Dubai.
Any body else willing to spend 1 to 2 hours over a drink talking Dubai??

Now where to meet????????????? Contact numbers would be good, I have Roberts info.
rdoug4
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2005
yea it sux. im not a crewmember nor a pilot although those must be fun jobs. Actually I work in the it/telecom field and one of the clients is there -Etihad Etisalat which is linked to the one here in the uae - Etisalat.

you all have fun!

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 30, 2005
rdoug4 wrote:Smartd, sorry to here we will not be able to meet. Hope it’s a good flight for you. Are you crew or pilot? I have a friend flying Friday afternoon to Saudi, what are the chances??

Well BobbieMasoner and FeiPo it’s up to the two or one of you if the time is available. It looks like its 2 new Dubai people and me (possible newbie) to get the low down on Dubai in person.

Panaghoy you need to join in on this meeting/drink. After 7 months you should have some good insight to Dubai.
Any body else willing to spend 1 to 2 hours over a drink talking Dubai??

Now where to meet????????????? Contact numbers would be good, I have Roberts info.

oh! i missed this one! sorry, quite busy to check my personal mails. what happened?
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat