Driving Trip!

Topic locked
Driving trip! Aug 29, 2005
I was thinking about going for a driving trip this weekend...are there any nice places around where you can go for two days.

cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Driving trip! Aug 29, 2005
cadmus wrote:I was thinking about going for a driving trip this weekend...are there any nice places around where you can go for two days.

Korfakan
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2005
hatta mountains, wadis etc, then stop by Hatta Fort.
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 30, 2005
Hatta rock pools are an absolute disgrace right now, people just leave their rubbish all over the place it's such a shame.

My recomendation would be to go check out Snoopy Island in Fujerah, some of the best snorkelling I swear you will ever do, amazing mix of fish, turtles etc, next door shark island for the er sharks , mostly black and white tips.

Then head on down the cost to Kor kolba, the mangros are fantastic it's a little haven in the middle of the UAE, I'd love to get a canoe and just paddle around there it's great.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 31, 2005
okie so i m leaving for fujerah tonight....by the way do these shark islands really have sharks...this place better be good choco :wink:
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 31, 2005
Er hence the name shark island! Plus it looks like a sharks fin.

Of course it's nice, for Snoopy Island go in through the Sandy Beach Hotel. It's just down the road from the Meridien Al Aqa.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 31, 2005
Snoopy Island ?

Doggy Dog is invested in Fujeirah ? heheh
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 01, 2005
It looks like Snoopy lying down taking a nap.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 01, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:It looks like Snoopy lying down taking a nap.

Choc is right... You get to see what Snoopy is dreaming about with all those naps he takes :D

It is a nice dive within snorkeling distance from the shore, great for none cert. divers.

So who here hasn't dove it yet and your excuse is???

Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2005
went for the trip....drive was good....but i could not find snoop island or shark island....went to khorpakan too...but was not able to find the island...where is it...i asked a few guys at khorpakan and the reply i got was...i've beeh here for ten years...but i have'nt seen ne island yet.... :(
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 03, 2005
You can see Snoopy island from the Meridien Al Aqa, you enter through the sandy beach hotel which is just down the road.

A few kilms down the road is the Oceanic hotel, shark Island is off that.

For the mangroves you go along the coast road into Kor Kolba, then there's a small bridge that you have to go over to get to them.

Snoopy is well renowned, just goes to show some people don't go any further than their own back yard.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 03, 2005
neways thx for the suggetions ....i really liked the drive between the mountains...and on the sea road....prob. i'l go sometime soon again....i have to find those freakin islands....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat