My Room Stinks Of .....

Topic locked
My room stinks of ..... Dec 13, 2006
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've no reservations for food, no partition ideologies.. but the smell of rotten cabbages raising up through your nose to the bain is just making me brainsick :angry1: ... eeeeeehhhhhwww. :banghead: :banghead:

My Korean associate opened his lunch delicacies atleast an hr back when I'd gone out for my grub.. n the smell of rotten shite is still in the room phewwwwwwwwwwwwww someone rescue me I'm gonna :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: .. .........

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 13, 2006
hahahaha

I used to live in an area which had a whole street of korean restaurants.

I had to hold my breath down that stretch of street everyday on my way home!

Korean food is supposed to be quite nice, but how do you get past the smell!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: My room stinks of ..... Dec 13, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've no reservations for food, no partition ideologies.. but the smell of rotten cabbages raising up through your nose to the bain is just making me brainsick :angry1: ... eeeeeehhhhhwww. :banghead: :banghead:

Hey Lucif,

My Korean associate opened his lunch delicacies atleast an hr back when I'd gone out for my grub.. n the smell of rotten shite is still in the room phewwwwwwwwwwwwww someone rescue me I'm gonna :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: .. .........

Here is a recipe for you to keep, so that you will not miss your buddy when he goes :wink:

Makes about 1 1/2 Quarts

1. Dissolve the 3 tablespoons salt in the water. Put the cabbage into a large bowl, a crock, or a nonreactive pot, and pour the brine over it. Weight the cabbage down with a plate. Let the cabbage stand for 12 hours.

2. Drain the cabbage, reserving the brine. Mix the cabbage with the remaining ingredients, including the 1 teaspoon salt. Pack the mixture into a 2-quart jar. Pour enough of the reserved brine over the cabbage to cover it. Push a freezer bag into the mouth of the jar, and pour the remaining brine into the bag. Seal the bag. Let the kimchi ferment in a cool place, at a temperature no higher than 68° F, for 3 to 6 days,until the kimchi is as sour as you like.

3. Remove the brine bag, and cap the jar tightly. Store the kimchi in the refrigerator, where it will keep for months.

Its called Korean Cabbage Kimchi
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 13, 2006
Yep and some people love to eat that while drinking alcohol. Havent tasted it to be honest. :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 13, 2006
zam wrote:Yep and some people love to eat that while drinking alcohol. Havent tasted it to be honest. :roll:

To get the real smell of this, you have to go to a supermarket in Korea, I was in one a few years back and they had a whole section dedicated to serving Kimchi, that is still numero uno on my list of worst smelling places.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat