This Is Funny

Topic locked
This is funny Dec 04, 2006
They have so many homes being unloaded in Dubai onto the local market in Dubai that www.gowealthy.com stopped taking listings for homes for sale in Dubai. I tried renewing or updating my apartment that was listed for sale only to be told that they were no longer taking any more listings for Dubai. Is that FU**ED or what? What kind of a real-estate agency that has a website stops taking listings for units for sale in their own country or city? They are now only taking listings for homes or other listings abroad. I see a big bubble waiting to burst!

Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2006
interesting .. but it might be a technical reason that they arent taking more listings.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:interesting .. but it might be a technical reason that they arent taking more listings.

I would have believed that had they stopped new listing all together rather then allow international listings and not local listings :wink:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2006
How does that map to a bubble burst?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 04, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:How does that map to a bubble burst?

More projects coming out and more homes coming out on the market without buyers and all those homes or apartments out on the market (at least most of them) need to be payed of by the time the building is ready for move in as no local bank will finance you untill the building or unit is ready with the exception of some Emaar projects. There are so many sellers now on the market that even companies like Gowealthy aren't taking any more sellers on there list from Dubai. Look at the Gulf News paper and see how many sections there are for homes for sale. You name it "Freeholds, Classifieds, Villas, Apartments,etc.." and they are all either for sale or rent. If they are available for rent then the rent is usally high because the last dude got kicked out or moved out due to high rent and if the place is for sale it is most likely that they dude can't keep up with the payments for a unit that is not ready. A friend of mine lived in the area around Burjuman Center just down the road past the Spinneys and her rent used to be 85,000 Dhms. Per year for a 2 bedroom apartment and her rent just got jacked to 120,000. she had to move out. Her landlord (a local of course) told her to either pay the new rent or move out. The year before last year her rent was 65,000 Dhms. per year. So it went from 65 to 85 to 120K. Amazing, they won't eat meat if it isn't Halal but the money that buys that meat doesn't have to be Halal :roll:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:

More projects coming out and more homes coming out on the market without buyers and all those homes or apartments out on the market (at least most of them) need to be payed of by the time the building is ready for move in as no local bank will finance you untill the building or unit is ready with the exception of some Emaar projects. There are so many sellers now on the market that even companies like Gowealthy aren't taking any more sellers on there list from Dubai. Look at the Gulf News paper and see how many sections there are for homes for sale. You name it "Freeholds, Classifieds, Villas, Apartments,etc.." and they are all either for sale or rent. If they are available for rent then the rent is usally high because the last dude got kicked out or moved out due to high rent and if the place is for sale it is most likely that they dude can't keep up with the payments for a unit that is not ready. A friend of mine lived in the area around Burjuman Center just down the road past the Spinneys and her rent used to be 85,000 Dhms. Per year for a 2 bedroom apartment and her rent just got jacked to 120,000. she had to move out. Her landlord (a local of course) told her to either pay the new rent or move out. The year before last year her rent was 65,000 Dhms. per year. So it went from 65 to 85 to 120K. Amazing, they won't eat meat if it isn't Halal but the money that buys that meat doesn't have to be Halal :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i needed a good laugh. thanks
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 04, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i needed a good laugh. thanks

Me 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 04, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:

The year before last year her rent was 65,000 Dhms. per year. So it went from 65 to 85 to 120K. Amazing, they won't eat meat if it isn't Halal but the money that buys that meat doesn't have to be Halal :roll:

LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you own a flat, no need for you to work cos you can keep on increasing the rents and sitting pretty while waiting for the cheque to be cleared from the bank, then go shopping and buy halal foods.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 04, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:

The year before last year her rent was 65,000 Dhms. per year. So it went from 65 to 85 to 120K. Amazing, they won't eat meat if it isn't Halal but the money that buys that meat doesn't have to be Halal :roll:

LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you own a flat, no need for you to work cos you can keep on increasing the rents and sitting pretty while waiting for the cheque to be cleared from the bank, then go shopping and buy halal foods.

Hey ASC, you got it worked out already :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 04, 2006
Let's not forget the prayers 5 times a day after that contract is signed for 120K because that's Halal money :lol:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:Let's not forget the prayers 5 times a day after that contract is signed for 120K because that's Halal money :lol:

Do you actually know what "Halal" is????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 04, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:Let's not forget the prayers 5 times a day after that contract is signed for 120K because that's Halal money :lol:

Do you actually know what "Halal" is????

(As a Noun) meat from animals that have been slaughtered in the prescribed way according to the shariah

(As an Adjective) proper or legitimate; "the fund earns halal profits in full compliance with the Shari'a"

I had meant it as an Adjective so yes I do know the meaning of "Halal".
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2006
once the contract is signed, you'll never see your landlord/s again not even for maintenance check of the unit. you'll see him/her before the last cheque will be cleared for another increase of rents.

expats are working so hard to bring food on the table of the landlord/s and to finance their extravagance life style.

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 04, 2006
asc_26 wrote:once the contract is signed, you'll never see your landlord/s again not even for maintenance check of the unit. you'll see him/her before the last cheque will be cleared for another increase of rents.

expats are working so hard to bring food on the table of the landlord/s and to finance their extravagance life style.

now asc run and hide... :lol:

i am pretty sure the comment: if u dont like it than leave the place we own the place bla bla will come up really soon :roll:

dubai is an amazing place, yet all great things come with a high price to pay :!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 04, 2006
asc_26 wrote:once the contract is signed, you'll never see your landlord/s again not even for maintenance check of the unit. you'll see him/her before the last cheque will be cleared for another increase of rents.

:hello1: You hit it right on the nail. Just remember that when ever you see a rich and generous giving local, you know that someone is either being FU**ED over or recently jus got FU**ED over.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2006
If they'll ask me to leave, alex & stylinexpat - please be my defense lawyer. :oops:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 04, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:

:hello1: You hit it right on the nail. Just remember that when ever you see a rich and generous giving local, you know that someone is either being FU**ED over or recently jus got FU**ED over.

i thought that was how the word pleonasm was defined :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's really funny :laughing3:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 04, 2006
You too be prepared, i am talking based on experience. :lol: :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 04, 2006
asc_26 wrote:If they'll ask me to leave, alex & stylinexpat - please be my defense lawyer. :oops:

oh sure...piece of cake: we will just say u were not aware u have to pay the rent :lol: :lol: :lol:
case closed; we win :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 04, 2006
I dont get it, what's so funny?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2006
bushra21 wrote:I dont get it, what's so funny?

no major problem if u dont.
it was a reply to asc, i am súre she got it, didn't u hun :wink: ?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 04, 2006
and i don't mean to hit anyone on here. it was just my opinions and of course there's always an exemption. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 04, 2006
asc_26 wrote:and i don't mean to hit anyone on here. it was just my opinions and of course there's always an exemption. :wink:

subtile withdrawal...u should be a politician asc 8)
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 04, 2006
alexandra wrote:
asc_26 wrote:and i don't mean to hit anyone on here. it was just my opinions and of course there's always an exemption. :wink:

subtile withdrawal...u should be a politician asc 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

why are you so brilliant? I am practising being a diplomat, hate politics dear.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 04, 2006
alexandra wrote:

no not about your response, but about the thread topic itself...

the thread is labeled 'this is funny', but I fail to see what is so funny
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2006
Bushy nice avatar.. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 05, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
alexandra wrote:

Dubai is supposed to have a shortage of homes yet the homes ,freehold, villas section of (an example) The Gulf News keeps getting thicker and thicker by the day with more and more unsold units flooding the market that even companies who allow you to post your home or apartment for sale on their website have stopped allowing people to post their apartment for sale on their website (www.gowealthy.com). What was supposed to be funny was the continuous lies that continue to spread to cheat foreigners or investors in Dubai. On a free day, drive down one day to the local court house and just look at how many cases there are of foreigners suing locals. In most cases the locals win and if they don't win they are then pardoned once sentenced only to be free to commit more crimes against the expatriates living in Dubai. Even when the expatriates do win their court cases more then half of them never ever collect their money from the locals! At times I think that this city is the biggest scam ever living off of con-artists. The old saying of when something looks too good to be true it usually isn't...
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 05, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
alexandra wrote:

Dubai is supposed to have a shortage of homes yet the homes ,freehold, villas section of (an example) The Gulf News keeps getting thicker and thicker by the day with more and more unsold units flooding the market that even companies who allow you to post your home or apartment for sale on their website have stopped allowing people to post their apartment for sale on their website (www.gowealthy.com). What was supposed to be funny was the continuous lies that continue to spread to cheat foreigners or investors in Dubai. On a free day, drive down one day to the local court house and just look at how many cases there are of foreigners suing locals. In most cases the locals win and if they don't win they are then pardoned once sentenced only to be free to commit more crimes against the expatriates living in Dubai. Even when the expatriates do win their court cases more then half of them never ever collect their money from the locals! At times I think that this city is the biggest scam ever living off of con-artists. The old saying of when something looks too good to be true it usually isn't...

These are heavy comments to make, do you have any proof though, because on the property side the market is very active and its not as you say.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 05, 2006
I and 10 other close friends have units for sale in Dubai and neither one of us has been able to sell any of them because the buyer usually does not have 40-70% in cash to put up for a unit that may not be ready for another 1-2 years from now. As you know most go from 1,000,000 Dhms. on up. So one would have to have around 500,000 in cash to buy one from another person, be able to make payments on time and be able to pay their own rent and expenses in Dubai and last but not least be an expat making good money to be able to afford this type of life and payment structure.. Take for example the Palm which has been delayed and won't finish for some time.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 05, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:I and 10 other close friends have units for sale in Dubai and neither one of us has been able to sell any of them because the buyer usually does not have 40-70% in cash to put up for a unit that may not be ready for another 1-2 years from now. As you know most go from 1,000,000 Dhms. on up. So one would have to have around 500,000 in cash to buy one from another person, be able to make payments on time and be able to pay their own rent and expenses in Dubai and last but not least be an expat making good money to be able to afford this type of life and payment structure.. Take for example the Palm which has been delayed and won't finish for some time.

I have a friend who purchased on the Palm, Off Plan, 3 years ago, had a change of heart after 6 months, went to Arabian Ranches, arranged to purchase a Villa, eventually sold the place on the Palm after another 6 months and made enough profit to pay for the A.R. Villa. Not all bad stories.

Another friend purchased in A.R. 2 1/2 years ago, sold it 6 months ago and made enough to purchase his own business back in Australia over US 800,000.00.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat