Sending A Video Via Internet

Topic locked
Sending a video via internet Nov 30, 2006
Ok i'm back with another question (hopefully i dont make myself look like an idiot again!).

We wanted to send a birthday message movie to my father in law - BUT his birthday is on Saturday so we have left it too late to send a DVD via the mail!

The file is too big to email to my brother inlaw to download (40M) and so i thought i could upload it to a website, and then he can download at his end.

Any ideas about what sites can do this? I tried photobucket, but i dont think he can download the file at his end that way.

Thanks!
H

Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 30, 2006
lime wire.. p2p :) or if you have some hosting account try that :)

rapidshare ?? perhaps.. not so sure though

** edit.. if you have experience with webservers, and can setup a webserver ( which usually takes 10-15 minutes ) and you have a dsl connection with static IP ( which in uae, is dynamic , can be mapped using free dns services ) you can broadcast the video.

There was however a feature in winamp to broadcast a video file using something called shoutcast.. or something like that..i really dont remember the name
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 30, 2006
not sure if youtube.com has file size limitations but thats the best way to send videos in my opinion.

Also try www.yousendit.com you can send up to 100MB over it.

good luck.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2006
Ended up using a wesite www.filecrunch.com took about 30mins to upload but seemed to work ok - and he can actually download the file so that he can burn it to a disk.

Thanks for the other options!

H
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 30, 2006
Happy Birthday to your dad ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2006
Thanks! though thankfully it is my hubbys dad (scary thought if he was my dad!)
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk