Help Geting A Position In The First Place?

Topic locked
Help geting a position in the first place? Nov 19, 2006
Hi all, can anyone give me some advice regarding obtaining a position in Dubai, most jobs advertised seem to be directed at people who are already in the UAE as opposed to people like myself who are based elsewhere. I am fully experienced in Management and in particcular the automotive industry, although the principles involved in management are the same regardless of the industry or product, any contacts would be very much appreciatted. I have also been involved in sales for 18 years now and am fully accustomed to dealing in high end products. I look forward to any and all posts, Gavin

gwpaterson
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 19, 2006
That's normal. Many companies would prefer not to spend extra cash on air tickets, and they even barely know the candidate well (only by phone interview). Many people dare and gamble themself to come on visit visa and search for job when reaching. Higher chances to get interviewed.

Otherwise, if you have "unique" skill/experience, start building a popping CV and send it to all those companies and jobsites (monstergulf.com, naukrigulf.com, gulfnews.com). I believe some companies will contact you.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum