Imate JasJam

Topic locked
imate JasJam Nov 08, 2006
anyone bought this phone ? I am thinking of getting it and read some conflicting reviews on different places.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
ive seen lot of +ve reviews about it. the processor is good, the keyboard makes it a bit bulky. only thing is HTC (the ones who supplied i-mate with the device) has cut its ties with imate and 02, so ROM updates in future are uncertain. the dopod 838 which is same as the jasjam might be a better buy.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 26, 2006
does anyone own a jasjam or a jamin? any idea on the prices? i know the jasjam is 3200dhs. what is the price of the jamin?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 27, 2006
Hey bro

I strongly recommend you go for the Jamin. Less bulky, yet all the features of the Jasjam. What features are you looking for? Is touchscreen a must for you? What OS do you prefer (Windows mobile, Symbian...)?
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 28, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Hey bro

I strongly recommend you go for the Jamin. Less bulky, yet all the features of the Jasjam. What features are you looking for? Is touchscreen a must for you? What OS do you prefer (Windows mobile, Symbian...)?

Too late ;)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 29, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Hey bro

yes i would like touchscreen and windows OS, and yes it has to be as compact as possible. does the jamin run skype without crashing it? thats quite important to me.
how is the processor of the jamin vs jasjam?

i really dont need a sliding keyboard, just looked at jasjam cause it had more powerful processor.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2006
Then I suggest you take a look at the Eten M600+

A colleague of mine recently got that phone and he's extremely happy with it. And you can actually use Skype perfectly with that phone. He has an account to call landlines from skype so it's as if you had called someone directly from your mobile. Quite a nice feature...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 29, 2006
Okay so i ended up buying the JasJam. The scroll wheel along with the sliding keyboard, almost take out the need for a stylus at all, yet you still have that option of using the touch screen. I use my phone for push email and the battery life is not that great (but i expected that).

Now what bugs me about the phone is the reception, ofcourse this is true for all imate models though.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 29, 2006
Nick81 wrote: And you can actually use Skype perfectly with that phone. He has an account to call landlines from skype so it's as if you had called someone directly from your mobile. Quite a nice feature...

You can do that with any windows mobile 5.0 phone i believe.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 29, 2006
I use skype on my jas jar and it works great, the phone is awesome but the reception, it is an awesome phone unless you need to call someone :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk