Decent Package?

Topic locked
Decent Package? Nov 07, 2006
I've been offered 7000DHS + Medical + 2 year Contract end Ticket + Accomodation + Transportation for the post of Catering Manager working 48 hours a week in Dubai. I have 2 years management experience in Food service and several othe years experience in other industries.

Is the money decent?

Is the Package decent?

Does a 2 year contract mean I cant leave till its over? and what if I do?

If I break the contract can I work in the UAE again?

I can take breakes inbetween yes?

Do companies have a tendency of providing sub standard housing?

alwayssuperstylin
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Decent Package? Nov 08, 2006
alwayssuperstylin wrote:I've been offered 7000DHS + Medical + 2 year Contract end Ticket + Accomodation + Transportation for the post of Catering Manager working 48 hours a week in Dubai. I have 2 years management experience in Food service and several othe years experience in other industries.

Is the money decent?

Is the Package decent?

Yes, Transportation and Accomodation will be your two biggest expenses while here and they got you covered on that. So the 7000 dhs should be your expenses and that should be enough for your going out and saving up a bit at the end of the month. However if you have wife and kids this will be another story.

Does a 2 year contract mean I cant leave till its over? and what if I do?

If I break the contract can I work in the UAE again?

Depends on the terms of your contract, but as per UAE laws if you dont complete a year with your employer there is a possibility they might pose an employment ban on you for 6 months. But again this is different from one company to the other as well as one industry to the other.

I can take breakes inbetween yes?

You should be entitled to an annual leave.

Do companies have a tendency of providing sub standard housing?

Again depends. I would get details of where the accomodation is going to be and post it in here and we can tell you how it is.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
Its a very nice package for a person coming from pak india or same kind of country.

This is your starting package after 2 year you will have gulf experience and then if you switch your will make lot more or even u stay u can ask them to change your contract and add more benefits as you r now a asset to them.

best of luck
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted