My ALTIMA 2.5S

Topic locked
My ALTIMA 2.5S Oct 27, 2006
Well,
I had bought a new altima 2.5s recently...
On my first fuel fill-up, its giving me 5.85kms/liter of petrol...
I personally think its too low...
Is it tht the first 1000kms the car give less mileage....??
OR
Is it tht my car itself is at fault???
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 27, 2006
thats normal actually. It may go upto 6 - 6.5kms / litre, maybe even 7kms/litre after a while (past 5000 kms). But the days of when the car needs to be broken into, meaning you have to keep it under 100kph for the first 1000-2000 kms, those days are long gone.

Yes its a new engine and you need to drive it carefully but speed is no longer the issue. Its User fault usually not car fault unless a recall has been done on that model. It all depends on your driving habits. If you're doing more city driving, braking a lot, giving acceleration and letting go, giving and letting go, more gas will be consumed. Highway driving where there are no traffic lights and you can go 100kph - 120kph, gas consumed will be less.

And in the Gulf countries from what I've seen is, driving habits are really bad. Extremely bad road manners, no signalling when changing lanes, braking for no apparent reason...
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 28, 2006
ok great thanks a ton... :D
well...i guess its because of the city driving habits... :?
and to add it all i cant go over 100kph or 3x1000rpm so which in this case gives me 90kph at 3000rpm exact.
So im jus hoping its because of the city driving...wanna see it give me more mileage after the first 1000...
thanks anyways...
P.S. Was wondering if there is in anyway to know about cars inside out...im sure thr must be courses...but any other alternative??? :?: :P
need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 28, 2006
Some good Websites to know about cars and how they work

http://www.familycar.com/Classroom/

http://www.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto