Sky UK Satellite Television?

Topic locked
Sky UK Satellite Television? Oct 06, 2006
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Sky Satellite television is available in the UAE? I have a Sky+ box that I would take with me if I could get the correct dish etc.

Cheers for any help.

Ross :D

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
Did anyone have an answer for Ross?

I'd like to do the same when I move out in a couple of weeks. I love my Sky Plus 8)
scotty3000
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 07, 2006
simple answer is

NO
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 08, 2006
I'm sure it's an old question, but how do you get English Premiership in Dubai? I'm moving there soon but last time I was there Orbit were advertising every league but that in their football package...
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 08, 2006
showtime sports art 1+2+3
all the footy and some scottish
well done to scotland today 8)
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 11, 2006
^^^

Are you talking about channels such as Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Movies 1, Sky Movies 2, Sky One, BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV1, Channel 4 etc.?

If so please PM me with more details! Such as where to get the box, where to sign on the dotted line!

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 11, 2006
rossbaku wrote:^^^

Are you talking about channels such as Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Movies 1, Sky Movies 2, Sky One, BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV1, Channel 4 etc.?

If so please PM me with more details! Such as where to get the box, where to sign on the dotted line!

Me too please
scotty3000
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Sky UK Satellite Television? Oct 14, 2006
rossbaku wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Sky Satellite television is available in the UAE? I have a Sky+ box that I would take with me if I could get the correct dish etc.

Cheers for any help.

Technically I think this should be possible, provided you point the dish towards the right cordinates, I think its Astra you need it to point to, then away you go...although you may want to check this first!!! Actually its a good point, especially when I move out there too...hehehehe, I soooooo can't miss Eastenders!
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 15, 2006
could you send the details as well please?. my email is almodas at gmail dot com
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aint never seen someone give out there email like that ...

were you tryin to make it not soo apparent for everyone else.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
rossbaku wrote:^^^

if you live in a DIC area you have to have a signed tennancy agreement or an owners certificate.

SKY sports is not available but the UK terrestial channels are.

UK premiership is available on Orbit
arniegang

Oct 15, 2006
geez is this continueing. SKY is not available because the 3 satellites used by SkyBsb is only available in Europe because of the postioning of the satellites. The UAE is not in Europe.

The only channels received are those that SKY transmit to the satellites that cover the UAE, theses are

Sky News
Discovery (various)
UK TV
Nat Geo
UK Gold
Fashion TV
Bloomberg
BBC News

the 2 main sat/cable providers besides DIC are Showtime and Orbit.

Eurosport
Paramount
TCM

Thats about it i may have missed one or 2 minor channels, but its no more than 15 in total.

To have all 3 packages available in the UAE both via dish and cable will cost around 500 Dhs a month about £80

Unless you speak arabic that works out at a lot of money per channel per month.

And they repeat every 4 hours daily
arniegang

Oct 15, 2006
Does anybody know where i can watch the ITALIAN serie B leauge ...

i miss watchin JUVENTUS play .... an the champions leauge jst aint the same without them aswell.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
Jamal wrote:Does anybody know where i can watch the ITALIAN serie B leauge ...

i miss watchin JUVENTUS play .... an the champions leauge jst aint the same without them aswell.

the cheaters :lol: why watch it? it is all fixed
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 15, 2006
it was never proven... plus with a track record like this i dont think you need to cheat..

29 times italian leauge champions ( the leauge that even maradona said is the best in the world & remember he played in spain aswell )

2 time european champions ( champions leauge )

3 time UEFA Cup champions

1 time cup winners cup champions

2 time european super cup champions

2 time Intercontinental Cup champions (World Club Cup)

9 time italian cup champions

4 time italian super cup champions...

JUVE is the only team that all opponents fear .. its like if you beat juve you know you are either gonna win the whole thing or atleast reach the final.. they are that good..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
Wow I was kidding man I use to support them too when British TV use to bring the Italian league every Sunday. i have italian at work so we tease them that way because England was out from world cup they made it hell for us. I do not like the Italian way of playing at all and they always bore me to death. They are very determined so you have to give them that. I refuse to support Italy since world cup 94 and how the changed the results with nigerea.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 15, 2006
wat you talkin bout changed results with nigeria ...

if i remember correctly robberto baggio scored in the second extra time an italy won 2-1 ... nothin was wrong with that .... baggio was just at the top of his game in that era .. the divine ponytail was shinin

an well JUVE is like my heart an soul u got me emtional there for a while .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
Yes man, well Nigeria scored first and I was excited for them because they played nice games and they could have made it through but as I said Italy never give up and changed it around. They deserve it but I do not like them ok? :twisted:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 15, 2006
:lol: campioni del mondo baby ... so u gotta respect them till 2010 atleast :wink: best team in europe .. second best in the world .. at present the best in the world. an got the cup to prove it .. the rest can talk .. but who got the cup? :)
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2006
i guess so :roll: but i supported france in the final, anyone but Italy.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 15, 2006
Jamal wrote::lol: campioni del mondo baby ... so u gotta respect them till 2010 atleast :wink: best team in europe .. second best in the world .. at present the best in the world. an got the cup to prove it .. the rest can talk .. but who got the cup? :)

great france cna kiick and already kicked italy's @rse in qualifying games
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 15, 2006
so you guys are able to watch neighbours in dubai
madaboutlfc
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 15, 2006
Try this thread for Sky in Dubai/UAE:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7950
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Jamal wrote::lol: campioni del mondo baby ... so u gotta respect them till 2010 atleast :wink: best team in europe .. second best in the world .. at present the best in the world. an got the cup to prove it .. the rest can talk .. but who got the cup? :)

qualifiyin .. damnn that was a second string italian team playin the game..

as i said before .. WHO IS THE WORLD CHAMPIONS?
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 16, 2006
there must be a way to atleast get the freeview channels :?:

www.freeview.co.uk
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 16, 2006
dale wrote:there must be a way to atleast get the freeview channels :?:

www.freeview.co.uk

I checked out the help section on the website and it says that Freeview is only available to UK customers, not those living abroad.

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 17, 2006
:(
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Sky UK Satellite Television? Oct 24, 2006
dubailover wrote:
rossbaku wrote:Hi all,

Cheers for any help.

Technically I think this should be possible, provided you point the dish towards the right cordinates, I think its Astra you need it to point to, then away you go...although you may want to check this first!!! Actually its a good point, especially when I move out there too...hehehehe, I soooooo can't miss Eastenders!

Technically, Yes... Realisticly, No... especially for someone who watches eastenders. It would cost too much to justify. Zooter suggests an alterative method on the next page. Anyway, eastenders is on 'BBC Prime' which is transmitted on several frequencies here.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 24, 2006
Jamal wrote:
sniper420 wrote:

qualifiyin .. damnn that was a second string italian team playin the game..

as i said before .. WHO IS THE WORLD CHAMPIONS?

Being world champions doesn't mean sh*t unless you deserve it.

France might not have deserved to win any more than Italy, but at least they didn't resort to cheating.

What's that... the headbut? If it had of been me, the guy would not have got up off the ground.

If you want to see deserving world champions, watch the 2003 rugby world cup, or the last ashes series. And this is coming from a supporter of the team that lost.
You won't see any players taking dives or disrespecting each other's families there.

If you would rather support a team that wins at all costs (even if that means cheating) than one that plays fair, it's your decision. Just remember "It's not whether you win or loose. It's how you play the game".
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat