Yusuf Estes - Jesus And The Message ( Q & A Session )

Topic locked
Yusuf Estes - Jesus and the message ( Q & A Session ) Feb 11, 2012

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Yusuf Estes - Jesus And The Message ( Q & A Session ) Feb 11, 2012
What is according to Islam the crime Jesus was accused of, to be punished with crucifixion?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:What is according to Islam the crime Jesus was accused of, to be punished with crucifixion?

Islam teaches that Jesus was a Prophet of Allah and didn't commit any crime. Prophets throughout history preach to their people during times when the people are generally in error, and those in power are against the Prophet.

The Quran says clearly that Jesus did not die on the cross and therefore did not die an accursed death. Some Muslims believe another person was put on the cross, others say it was Jesus himself and he survived the crucifixion and just appeared to have died on the cross (God just says he wasn't killed, he wasn't crucified*, but was made to appear that way..) . All Muslims believe Jesus did not die on the cross.

*Crucified means to be put to death on the cross - so someone who survives a crucifixion wasn't crucified, like a person who is saved from drowning or revived after appearing to have drowned, isn't said to have drowned but rather 'he didn't drown' would be said of him. The word in Arabic 'salabu' means 'put to death by putting on a cross'.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:The Quran says clearly that Jesus did not die on the cross and therefore did not die an accursed death. Some Muslims believe another person was put on the cross, others say it was Jesus himself and he survived the crucifixion and just appeared to have died on the cross (God just says he wasn't killed, he wasn't crucified*, but was made to appear that way..) . All Muslims believe Jesus did not die on the cross.

What a ridiculous statement!! If Jesus didn't die on the cross we wouldn't have Easter :drunken:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

What was Jesus accused of according to the Islam?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:What was Jesus accused of according to the Islam?

God, to my recollection, doesn't record in the Quran the details of the Passion - the reasons why Jesus was crucified - but in 4.157 says:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:

5.110 refers to the Children of Israel rejecting Jesus' signs:

..I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'

These are the only two refs I could find - but perhaps I've missed one? Correct me if I have (anyone).

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

FD, the quran doesn't get into naming the daily accusations becouse I think when disbelief and deviation from straight path starts, one can make up a thousand lies for accusing and name calling but it's kinda obvious that the jews called him an imposter :(

Someone on this site tried to answer why the jews wanted to crucify prophet jesus..

http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/3153

By the way since prophets are granted mission by the will of Allah they are guided all the time and not allowed to commit crime..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Yusuf Estes - Jesus and the message ( Q & A Session ) Feb 11, 2012
*Crucified means to be put to death on the cross - so someone who survives a crucifixion wasn't crucified, like a person who is saved from drowning or revived after appearing to have drowned, isn't said to have drowned but rather 'he didn't drown' would be said of him. The word in Arabic 'salabu' means 'put to death by putting on a cross'.

Really? The Koran says "mischief" makers are to be crucified.

You claimed before that the crucifixion punishment doesn't mean to put someone to death.

Please try to make up your mind.
event horizon

Re: Yusuf Estes - Jesus And The Message ( Q & A Session ) Feb 12, 2012
event horizon wrote:You claimed before that the crucifixion punishment doesn't mean to put someone to death.

No I didn't. If you are confused by any post I made, quote it and I'll explain your confusion to you. Again.

event horizon wrote:Really? The Koran says "mischief" makers are to be crucified.

God gives a list of punishments for the crime of causing disorder in the land - from banishment through to death. The punishment depends therefore on the level of the crime.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Yusuf Estes - Jesus and the message ( Q & A Session ) Feb 12, 2012
*Crucified means to be put to death on the cross - so someone who survives a crucifixion wasn't crucified

vs.

so in that context crucifixion is not used as a means of execution but rather as a means of inflicting pain as a punishment - i.e. as lashes are.

dubai-politics-talk/thailand-more-than-3900-have-died-beheadings-crucifxion-t39030.html
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums