Perfect Government

Topic locked
Perfect government Jun 04, 2005
If you could try to devise a perfect form of government(for the sake of arguement) what kind of qualities would it have???

Mine would be something closer to an actual Republic. One where people elect officals and the officals decide things. But the head of state is elected by these officals. And military service is required to be in office and/or own business or property. Not to make a militaristic state. But to ensure that the people who make the important decisions be able and willing to make the sacifice for the stability of the govenrment. More to come when i think of it

Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 05, 2005
Sounds like a non sectarian version of the Lebanese system....

In Greece its similar too, only that the president is directly elected.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2005
Lord knows I dont want to agree with the Lebanese!!!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 05, 2005
similar to what you described bout ur ideal government was Republic of the Philippines.

Where the President was elected by majority of people, he/she will appoint his/her cabinet members...

those candidates, loosers, were called OPPOSITION. Who will oppose and disaggree with the administration.

Highest peeps in the military were staying in their offices, with huge mansions all over the country.

But still, Phillippines ranked 3rd in Asia and 7th in the World, for most corrrupt country.

I bet it's not the perfect government, or should i say that there's no such perfect government.
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 05, 2005
I read a book called "Starship Troopers", and eventhough it was a science fiction story, it had undertones about government that made alot of sense. It poised that with the servatude of government service, people were either allowed to be citizens. Now a citizen could vote, marry, own a business, have children, or run for office, etc. People who decided not to serve were still free but could not really influence the system. It made sense to me because as we all know nothing is free and in order to reap the benifits, you need to serve your country.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Lord knows I dont want to agree with the Lebanese!!!!!

I agree with you... You don't want to agree with us because it will make you more confused than you already are... We are a complicated bunch...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:I read a book called "Starship Troopers", and eventhough it was a science fiction story, it had undertones about government that made alot of sense. It poised that with the servatude of government service, people were either allowed to be citizens. Now a citizen could vote, marry, own a business, have children, or run for office, etc. People who decided not to serve were still free but could not really influence the system. It made sense to me because as we all know nothing is free and in order to reap the benifits, you need to serve your country.

Little FYI, Starship Troopers was based on the Nazi system. Not that there is anything bad or good with it, just a fact....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
I did not know that.....I must inquire further on that.

But it did have some good points, that whole killing everyone thing aside.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2005
The most efficient form of government in recent history is the Nazi system. They restored Germany's economy, politics, and power from scratch and then turned it into a superpower. German punctuality is a trait that the Nazis brought in....

How they went around doing the other thinhs they did can be referred to as questionable in some circles...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
That is true, Germany completely turned itself around after being blamed for WWI. Hitler was one hell of a motivational speaker, they study his tactics in some political science programs. He gave the German people something to rally behind, even though it was inhumane and wrong. What I never understood was how the common footsoldier could go and murder non-combatants and not see it as being wrong. War is hell.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:That is true, Germany completely turned itself around after being blamed for WWI. Hitler was one hell of a motivational speaker, they study his tactics in some political science programs. He gave the German people something to rally behind, even though it was inhumane and wrong. What I never understood was how the common footsoldier could go and murder non-combatants and not see it as being wrong. War is hell.

They weren't common foot soldiers who went around killing most of the time were elite German troops who were fiercely trained under the Hitler's propaganda of being superior Aryan blood!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
The common foot soldier didn't give a flying fcuk about Hitler's dreams and ambitions. He was there to earn a living and fight a war. Thats why there were not courtmartialed.

The SS... Well thats a different story.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
I bought the Communist Manifesto and have been meaning to read it. I want to see what everyone thought was so evil about Communism. It is a good idea in theory, but it could never work in the real world.

PS. Starship Troopers was a response by Heinlen to the Soviet testing of nukes in the 50's. The US wanted them to sign a treaty about limiting the testing of "dirty nukes". Heinlen wrote the book in two weeks after they resumed testing.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums