How Does This Picture Make You Feel?

Topic locked
How does this picture make you feel? Dec 04, 2007
How does this picture make you feel? Would you feel more comfortable if was cut down the middle and was two different pictures? Maybe it does not bother you at all.

I think it encapsulates a lot. When I first looked at this I felt uncomfortable for the couple on the right and thought that perhaps the couple on the left should show more respect. But then I thought perhaps one of the (or both) of the couple on the right wished they could do the same as the couple to left who are just showing affection to each other (she is cradling his head). Perhaps the right hand couple are not even passing judgment, just watching with a curious nature, perhaps they think it is a nice thing to see - but feel no difference. Perhaps the couple to left are just 'seeing' each other on just a physical level, perhaps they will be together to death part and love each other immensely. I came to the conclusion that you really cannot judge from what you see with your eyes sometimes and your emotions and opinions could quite easily get it wrong and taint reality.

You can't judge a book by it's cover. I picture may speak a thousand words, but will it be the truth that you hear?

I am sure it will create an interesting reaction in you, just step back afterwards and think about how you feel or what conclusion you come to in the first few seconds and then think again........

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 06, 2007
It is interesting, both sides have merit but personally I feel that treating women as equals and expressing affection openly should not be frowned upon so I'd rather be the guy on the left :D
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 07, 2007
It is an uncomfortable situation :roll: but im m gonna choose the couple from the left, i think is nice to express your feelings to the person you love even in a public place.
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 07, 2007
I felt sorry for the couple on the right. Can't they not seat beside each other closer at least? Can't they not seat closer and look at each other's eyes, instead of looking at the couple on the left?
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 07, 2007
There are huge differences between the two couples, The one on the left doing somthing that is up normal for the other couple, As muslims we dont kiss or even hug in public, this comes from our religion , Morals, Values and Ethics, So we have a Conservative society and we dont do such interaction in Public. But some people always think there way is the Ideal one and anything else is wrong. :lol:
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 08, 2007
you dont kiss or even hug in public, this comes from our religion , Morals, Values and Ethics, So we have a Conservative
it is so very nice to see How back ward you people are :)
Your-ZION-Master
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2007
Your-ZION-Master wrote:

well, at least most of them know which way the wind blows..... there is hope :lol:............. inshallah
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 09, 2007
The couple on the right are brother-sister and just having a conversation when suddenly the guy on the left yelled because the girl bit his ear. The two on the right turned to them and then this shot was taken.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Dec 09, 2007
Your-ZION-Master wrote:you dont kiss or even hug in public, this comes from our religion , Morals, Values and Ethics, So we have a Conservative

Oh Yea, we are extremely backward in this aspect, we dont have people who have sexual relation with animals
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 09, 2007
pinoy1 wrote:The couple on the right are brother-sister and just having a conversation when suddenly the guy on the left yelled because the girl bit his ear. The two on the right turned to them and then this shot was taken.

pinoy1 - spot on apart from the ear biting part.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 09, 2007
Nice photoshop work.

On a serious note.. I feel its a beautiful picture.. the true sense of emancipation exists when no rules are pressed on anyone and people are willing to watch, learn and co-exist. People may have different ideas of living and diff ideologies but an egalitarian society takes it all equal..
Living in the metros of India with people of every religion, I've come across similar situations, I've never felt uncomfortable with a couple sitting next, hugging or being playful (not to a hideous extent) though I'm not a PDA person.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 12, 2007
Well I've seen Muslim couples here in local dress woalking around holding hands, and I think it's lovely to see!

The couple on the right show no affection for one another at all, even their body language is closed and they sit far apart. The image of the couple on the left is really nice, they could even be just close friends sharing a caring moment.

Humans by their very nature require closeness of others.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 12, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Well I've seen Muslim couples here in local dress woalking around holding hands, and I think it's lovely to see!

The couple on the right show no affection for one another at all, even their body language is closed and they sit far apart. The image of the couple on the left is really nice, they could even be just close friends sharing a caring moment.

Humans by their very nature require closeness of others.

very true.. completely agree to it..
hmmm where've u been choc?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 16, 2007
Your-ZION-Master wrote:you dont kiss or even hug in public, this comes from our religion , Morals, Values and Ethics, So we have a Conservative

since when has public display of affection been the yardstick for measuring how backward or how forward people are?

i dont believe in this stuff which says that you have to do whatever the society seems to be doing, just so that you can be recognised as being modern and forward. just be yourself and do what you are comfortable with.

different cultures have different opinions too.... personally i would rather be a backward minded person, than be a forward minded guy like some americans i know.... i personally know people who use expletives when they talk to their parents... if being forward and modern means doing that, then thank God that i am still living in the stone age....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Humans by their very nature require closeness of others.

Not all humans. A reasonable percentage of society are what we call sociopaths that have no need for human closeness.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 21, 2007
Two extremes.....One in the East and One in the West

And truth Lies somewhere in the middle of these Two.
shahrez
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2007
uaebadoo wrote:

Oh Yea, we are extremely backward in this aspect, we dont have people who have sexual relation with animals

:shock: :shock: :shock: this is the way to start a war....

Such prejudices....on both sides.... :pukeleft:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums