Appearance Of Muhammed?

Topic locked
Appearance of Muhammed? Mar 15, 2012
Some time ago, our first project started. I thought on the phone I understand "Prophet" as project name, but later on it appeared it was supposed to be called "Profit". 'Damage' was already done, and I put the project down as Prophet - the mother of all projects.
Since then me and Shouf Shouf Habibi (one of the few Moroccan I really like, he always smiles and jokes :-) ) came up with biblical names for projects. We already had MoSeS for example. Some times Shouf Shouf tries to put an Aisha or Ali in there, but I say it doesn't work that way. Anyways, today Shouf Shouf came up with...David (it's a VIDeo project, which is DAfuk). I told him, did you know David was a ginger? He said Muhammed was too. I said ahlan wasahlan, really?

I know, it is ok and not ok to depict Muhammed in pics, but I never saw anything Irish in him (which makes me think he is depicted in pics, how people want him to look, but is not based on how he really looked). Is there anything known about the ancestry of Muhammed?

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Appearance Of Muhammed? Mar 18, 2012
I've tried to do some research into the appearance of Muhammed on google, FD, but the only thing I can find is an image of him with a stick of dynamite in his turban.

His hair was dark not ginger.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bukhari Volume 4, number 747

Narrated Rabia bin Abi Abdur Rahman: I heard Anas bin Malik describing the Prophet(saw) saying, "He was of medium height amongst the people, neither tall nor short; he had a rosy color, neither absolutely white nor deep brown; his hair was neither completely curly nor quite lank. Divine Inspiration was revealed to him when he was forty years old. He stayed ten years in Mecca receiving the Divine Inspiration, and stayed in Medina for ten more years.
When he expired, he had scarcely twenty white hairs in his head and beard." Rabi'a said, "I saw some of his hairs and it was red. When I asked about that, I was told that it turned red because of scent."

Tirmidhi Number 1524

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib: When Ali described the Prophet (peace be upon him) he said: He was neither very tall nor excessively short, but was a man of medium size. He had neither very curly nor flowing hair but a mixture of both. He was not obese, he did not have a very round face, but it was so to some extent. He was reddish-white, he had wide black eyes and long eyelashes. He had protruding joints and shoulder-blades, he was not hairy but had some hair on his chest, and the palms of his hands and his feet were calloused. When he walked he raised his feet as though he were walking on a slope; when he turned round he turned completely. Between his shoulders was the seal of prophecy and he was the seal of the prophets. He had a finer chest than anyone else, was truer in utterance than anyone else, had the gentlest nature and the noblest tribe. Those who saw him suddenly stood in awe of him and those who shared his acquaintanceship loved him. Those who described him said they had never seen anyone like him before or since.

Talking about his feet. In the Topkapi museum in Istanbul, there is an alledged foot print of Muhammed. And it's huge! I looked for an explanation, but there is not much info about it, strangely enough, because it's really huge. I asked questions about it before, but nobody could help me.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

You know what they say about men with big feet FD?
Bethsmum

He was from Hijaz and there are 3 common types of looks in Hijaz.

1) Dark complexion:
Zach Levi fits that type. (I'm this type)

2) Dark hair and light complexion:
This saudi prince fits that type.

3) Reddish medium dark complexion:

He was probably 2nd type.

--- Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:49 pm ---

Bethsmum wrote:Mary-Anne Shag-nasty
That was unnecessary and highly desprectful.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:Zach Levi fits that type. (I'm this type

Bless you Nucleus. Saying that you're his type means that he fancies you. I think you mean that you are the same colouring.

--- Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:58 pm ---

Nucleus wrote:That was unnecessary and highly desprectful

What was Nuc? She is just a fictional character in a novel. She isn't real.
Bethsmum

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums