Allah Is The God Of The Bible

Topic locked
Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 13, 2012
Bethsmum wrote:Next you'll be telling me his dad wasn't called Joseph and he wasn't born in a manger.

Well, Christians and Muslims don't believe that Jesus' dad was Joseph - and you shouldn't have needed to go to Sunday school to realise this! What a silly billy you are. (I'll let you look up what Joseph's name in Aramaic/Hebrew is - in Spanish it is Jose)

Cheers,

Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Pronounced Hozae.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique wrote:Well, Christians and Muslims don't believe that Jesus' dad was Joseph - and you shouldn't have needed to go to Sunday school to realise this! What a silly billy you are. (I'll let you look up what Joseph's name in Aramaic/Hebrew is - in Spanish it is Jose)

I'm sorry, do you have some sort of qualification that allows you to tell Christians what they should or shouldn't believe, or is it a case of you think you know best, as is usual?
I'll leave you to preach about Islam whilst I go on believing what I was taught by my RE teacher in my CofE school, that Jesus was called Jesus and his mother was called Mary and his dad was called Joseph.
If that's ok with you of course.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:do you have some sort of qualification that allows you to tell Christians what they should or shouldn't believe, or is it a case of you think you know best, as is usual?

Yes, it is called an education - and in any case my statement was about what Christians and Muslims believe. Silly billy.

Are you saying that Christians and Muslims don't believe in the virgin birth of Jesus? :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Yes, it is called an education - and in any case my statement was about what Christians and Muslims believe

An education? I'd ask for my money back if you were a child of mine.

Who are you to tell Christians what they believe?
I'd stick to what you know if I were you.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Who are you to tell Christians what they believe?
Well thats what Christian's believe. They don't believe father was Joseph, since they believe the virgin birth.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique wrote:Are you saying that Christians and Muslims don't believe in the virgin birth of Jesus?

How do you explain that with logic and science? I mean virgin birth?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nucleus wrote:Well thats what Christian's believe. They don't believe father was Joseph

Sorry Nucleus, but that's what we are taught at school. Baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph were the parents.
Bethsmum

Flying Dutchman wrote:How do you explain that with logic and science? I mean virgin birth?

Parthenogenesis.

BM - have a word with yourself (or just Google, who was Jesus' dad according to the Bible)!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

FD wrote:
How do you explain that with logic and science? I mean virgin birth?

Well this is not something extraordinary as we can see sex mimicry in the animal world as well.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/disco ... gin-birth/

Since Allah is the creator of all the creation, we can say that it is up to his will to determine..

Allah is never subject to the Laws of the Creation because He is both the Creator and the Law Giver. Whenever He wants anything done, He merely says "Qun! Faya Qun!" (Be! And so it will be!)
http://islamtomorrow.com/allah.asp#8

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique ,

When you were at school, did no-one ever teach you that arrogance is a very unattractive feature in a person?
You really need to have a word with yourself.

--- Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:49 pm ---

Berrin wrote:Allah is never subject to the Laws of the Creation because He is both the Creator and the Law Giver. Whenever He wants anything done, He merely says "Qun! Faya Qun!" (Be! And so it will be!)

What a complete load of bull.
Bethsmum

What a complete load of bull.

LOL. Where were you lost again? Have you ever thought to look to the things that he has created and the way that he cares for things and sustains us? No, cause denial is an easy option without responsibility/accountability, but this physiologically must bear a very heavy burden on your shoulders BM. How terrible!, do you realize that as death approaches you may well be crashed under it.. Sure,there is no way that you can prove Allah doesn't exist! Just think of the smallest possibility that he exists, if then what are you gonna do?as death will be the start of your eternal existence upon your choice of destiny in this life...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bethsmum wrote:Well that's what they call him in my neck of the woods. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me. Next you'll be telling me his dad wasn't called Joseph

It's a bit rich calling me arrogant when you started the 'Jesus' dad is Joseph' malarky! ;)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Berrin wrote:LOL. Where were you lost again? Have you ever thought to look to the things that he has created and the way that he cares for things and sustains us? No, cause denial is an easy option without responsibility/accountability, but this physiologically must bear a very heavy burden on your shoulders BM. How terrible!, do you realize that as death approaches you may well be crashed under it.. Sure,there is no way that you can prove Allah doesn't exist! Just think of the smallest possibility that he exists, if then what are you gonna do?as death will be the start of your eternal existence upon your choice of destiny in this life...

I look at real life everyday Berrin and what I see at the moment is hundreds of people being killed and maimed by someone (Assad) who you claim is a 'good bloke'. If that is how you judge someone, I don't have a lot to worry about when I die. I'm completely happy in my own skin, thanks. As far as I'm concerned when my time approaches I will just close my eyes and go to sleep for ever. I have no fear of any after life because, until anyone can prove to me differently, there ain't one.

--- Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm ---

shafique wrote:It's a bit rich calling me arrogant when you started the 'Jesus' dad is Joseph' malarky

If the cap fits, then wear it. I wouldn't dream of telling you what to believe in and I'd thank you not to do the same to me.

World English Dictionary
arrogant (ˈærəɡənt)

— adj
having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, merit, ability, etc; conceited; overbearingly proud: an arrogant teacher ; an arrogant assumption
Bethsmum

I look at real life everyday Berrin and what I see at the moment is hundreds of people being killed and maimed by someone (Assad) who you claim is a 'good bloke'. If that is how you judge someone, I don't have a lot to worry about when I die.

LOL I could never ever think that one day you would raise Assad to a holly position to start a silly counter argument against me and belief system.. Assad is nothing more than a man that was allowed to sin, do good deeds and repent..
I can't help you if you have difficulty to digest information given to you.
Just remember that in the previous page you were told about human freewill for the choice of morality and behavior as long as we can stand accountability in the hereafter..

Quran 35:18 And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And if a heavily laden soul calls [another] to [carry some of] its load, nothing of it will be carried, even if he should be a close relative. You can only warn those who fear their Lord unseen and have established prayer. And whoever purifies himself only purifies himself for [the benefit of] his soul. And to Allah is the [final] destination.

Save yourself BM!
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:Save yourself BM!

Don't worry about me Berrin. I'll look after myself. I'm the only one I trust. I find that's the best way to be. That way no-one lets me down :D
Bethsmum

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 14, 2012
Bethsmum wrote: I wouldn't dream of telling you what to believe in and I'd thank you not to do the same to me.

You're free to believe in whatever you like - everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions. People are not entitled to their own facts though, IMO.

The fact I stated, was about what Christians and Muslims believe:
shafique wrote:Well, Christians and Muslims don't believe that Jesus' dad was Joseph

Now, if you said 'I believe Joseph was Jesus' father despite what the Church teaches' that would be another thing. But you didn't.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 15, 2012
Berrin wrote:How terrible!, do you realize that as death approaches you may well be crashed under it.. Sure,there is no way that you can prove Allah doesn't exist! Just think of the smallest possibility that he exists, if then what are you gonna do?as death will be the start of your eternal existence upon your choice of destiny in this life...

Fear is the path of the Dark Side (Yoda).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Allah is the God of the Bible Feb 16, 2012
Yes, it is called an education - and in any case my statement was about what Christians and Muslims believe. Silly billy.

But you don't have one.

Someone with an education doesn't rely on missionary websites for misinformation on Christianity.

"Jesus is the speaker in the epistle of James!"

LoL. Dolt.

Btw, this is coming from someone who refuses to address what the Koran says or Muslims believe on child marriage/pedophilia.
event horizon

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 16, 2012
LOL. eh - you're the one that runs away from your Biblical confusion:

event horizon, appears to be in some confusion over the Biblical verses. In some instances he refuses to accept the Biblical descriptions of events:

philosophy-dubai/jews-responsible-for-killing-jesus-t40429.html
Where the Bible says Jews were responsible for killing Jesus, eh disagrees with this and calls this Anti-Semitic and not historically true.

By contrast, Biblical war crimes are defended by eh:
philosophy-dubai/biblical-war-crimes-t40711.html

In other instances he takes the Bible at it's word when it comes to talking donkeys and the sun stopping in the sky for a day:
philosophy-dubai/bible-and-science-defence-t40975.html

philosophy-dubai/talking-donkeys-bible-evasion-t42810.html

Now we have a bizare twist in Biblical denials - concerning what the Bible says will happen to those who do not believe in Jesus as saviour, saying that it is 'unclear' whether they go to hell or not, when the Bible clearly states they will be 'damned' and 'condemned' for not believing:
philosophy-dubai/unbelievers-and-hell-koran-bible-t47316.html#p386408

It is hard to see the logic about which parts of the Bible are taken as Gospel by eh and which are rejected as false - it appears that verses condemning Jews are rejected, but those against science or normal morals are accepted. Interesting that.

philosophy-dubai/biblical-confusion-t47353.html

Perhaps you should have paid more attention in Bible camp!

I'm not confused over the concept of the Virgin birth. Perhaps you can explain it to BM. ;)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You always appear to be somewhat confused over what is written in your own bible. Id get that sorted about before you start tackling mine if I were you
Bethsmum

It's almost as ridiculous as his belief that Satan and Muslim allah of the Koran are not one and the same god.
event horizon

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 20, 2012
What is ridiculous is eh's cowardice when it comes to tackling questions about the Bible.

Almost as funny as arguing that the God of Abraham is Satan, and deigning to speak for Jews who aren't allowed to step into a Christian church, but are allowed to worship in mosques!

Empty rhetoric is not a substitute for evidence eh - see OP for why you're wrong (again).

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Allah is the God of the Bible Feb 20, 2012
Empty rhetoric is not a substitute for evidence eh - see OP for why you're wrong (again).

God of Islam and Satan are the same. The Satan Bible tells me so.
event horizon

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 21, 2012
Again, I refer you to the opening line of the OP. Thanks for confirming this fact.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 22, 2012
I refer you to the Satanophobic myth floating around that Muslims worship a different deity than Satanists.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:I refer you to the Satanophobic myth floating around that Muslims worship a different deity than Satanists.

+1
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I'm sure that there are more than 2 of you who believe in the Islamophobic myth! ;)

Herve thinks Islam is a cult, for example.

I'm just glad that there are so many Christians and Jews who disagree with the myth.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

So you subscribe to the Satanophobic myth that Allah (god of Islam) and Satan are not one and the same being?

Really? On what grounds?
event horizon

Re: Allah Is The God Of The Bible Feb 23, 2012
eh, you're the one that believes in talking donkeys and other weird beliefs, and it is no surprise to anyone that you disagree with Christians and Jews who don't believe in your 'satan cult' fantasy.

Thanks for the laughs. I'm happy for you to continue to believe in talking donkeys - and I have never tried to persuade you that you shouldn't believe this - I've just said that I don't share these beliefs of yours. Vive la difference!

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums