Do You Want English TV For Free?

Topic locked
Do you want english TV for free? Jul 29, 2007
Well here is one of the best ways I have found (unless you have someone willing to share a slingbox hosted in the UK). Best of all, it's free.

Basically, you need to sign up and then look for the torrent you want and then start downloading.

When you first join you have to wait for 16 hours from the upload date to be able to get the torrent you wish. This changes as soon as you have been active on the site for a period of time or you have uploaded over 10g.

Generally you will find that most programs shown on the main UK channels (bbc, itv, channel 4) will be available a couple of hours after they have been broadcasted.

I just finished watching this weeks top gear polar special ;)

You also get all of the weekly soaps (eastenders, corrie) + horizon, newsnight, mock the week etc etc.

As I say there is nothing in this post for me, I am just coming from a point of wanting to share a good thing that I have found very useful.

www.uknova.com

One last point, by the time you get to download there are normally around 100 seeders so you get speeds well over 100kb ps. My buddy who has an 8mb connection in the UK got to download a 1 hour program in divx in just 20 minutes (shame we don't have that quality of adsl here, but still).

Cheers,
JJ

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jul 29, 2007
wicked thank you for sharing.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 30, 2007
No P fayz.

They seem to be under the 'ok' from the stations.

Namely because the do not transmit at the same time (real time, steaming) and they also have a policy that if the shows are released on DVD they remove them from the site.

So to summarize; The TV stations don't see this as any different to being able to video tape the show on VHS if your not around to watch the program at broadcast time.

Lets hope it does not get blocked - there is no reason it should (no p0rn and not illegal).
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk