The Songs U Think Make Ur Soul Go RITE ROUND..!

Topic locked
The Songs U think make ur Soul go RITE ROUND..! Jun 21, 2010
hay guyzz...
i am sort of new here...
so i am really getting bored of my playlist..and really want to get some newz no what other people like..
so tell me guyz which songs make u wanna dance or give u Peace..? :bounce:

my favs:
Since i learn guitar and am fond of it...i like the songs containg guitar-based Music but i also adore with other type of music..here are they...

1) Billionaire - Travie McCoy
2) Nothin on you - B.O.B ft Bruno
3) Boulevard Of Broken dreams - Green Day
4) Break your Heart - Taio Cruz
5) Good Riddance - Green day

These are some of my Favs and I'll love to know what songs do U guyz like..HINDI or Western...everthing will work... :wink:

heavenBoii
Dubai Forums Member

Re: The Songs U think make ur Soul go RITE ROUND..! Jun 24, 2010
So you like guitar based music?

OK, depends how far back you want to go but you kinda need to start with some early stuff and work your way through musical history if you really want to appreciate the guys who are up and coming today. Here are some tips and guides to bands who have lead the way.

The Who: Pete Townshend is a guitar legend and much of their back catalogue, early stuff back to the 1960's, is now available on DVD or iTunes.

Free: Paul Kossoff unfortunately died very young but he is essential listening for any budding guitarist. Lead singer Paul Rogers went on to found another great band, Bad Company, after Kossoff's death and now sings and tours with Queen.

Queen: Brian May is legend! Listen to the albums from Queen II onwards. You might like the track '39' on A Night at the Opera.

Eric Clapton: Yet another legend. Started his career with The Yardbirds, then Cream, then Derek and the Domino's. Reckoned to be the finest white blues player in the world. Listen to the ubiquitous unplugged album. Incidentally, the backing guitarist on that concert tour and album is a lesser known, but equally brilliant player, called Andy Fairweather-Lowe.

Jimi Hendrix: Broke the mould in many ways. Virtuoso player as well as incredible songwriter. Sadly missed.

Jan Akkerman: Dutch classical lute and guitar player. Famous for the progressive and experimental rock played with the band Focus. Listen to a rare album called Hamburger Concerto. Can guarantee that after 2 or three hearings, you will be hooked!

Lindsey Buckingham: Singer/songwriter/guitar with Fleetwood Mac. Under-rated. Just listed very closely and carefully to his intonation. The art of making a simple melody work.

Nuno Bettancourt: Lead guitar with the band Extreme. Again a virtuoso player and songwriter.

Yes: The early stuff is played by Chris Squires who has a unique style. One of the first real 'supergroups' they were huge, broke up into solo projects, met new musicians (lead singer Jon Anderson worked with Vangelis, keyboard player Rick Wakeman had some huge solo albums) then ended up drifting back together via uber producer Trevor Horn. Joined by one of the finest guitarist/composers, Trevor Rabin, who now writes big movie soundtracks as well as still playing with Yes on tour.

AC/DC: Angus Young has been at it for many years and really knows how to lay down a rock riff.

Up to date: Chris Cornell. Lead singer/songwriter/guitar with Audioslave and Soundgarden. Now solo.

John Meyer: Great songwriting and playing.

These are a tiny drop in the ocean, but might start you off on the path to greater understanding!

Happy listening!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: The Songs U think make ur Soul go RITE ROUND..! Jun 27, 2010
Oh yaaa...ACDC all the wayyy!!! They're the probably the only guys who can give me an orgasm....Sheer pleasure :D :D

Jason Mraz is quite good too. I quite like his hippie-bohemian feel good tracks. And isn't he an amazing live performer!

Then there's country music with the Zac Brown Band fabulous music, decent song writing essentially focuses round eating chicken and drinking beer :D

If you use an LP then you gotta be listening to Joe Perry man....amongst the greatest of all time!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: The Songs U think make ur Soul go RITE ROUND..! Jul 14, 2010
hey DARK KNIGHT..
thanxx for a gud account of info...i luks like i googled sumfin and got the result..lolz
if i find tym i surely will check out all of them
bt u knw if ur 14 u have lot of *unimportant* bt neccasry thing to do..
nywaz if u get tym i'll make sure i check them out..
:lol:
heavenBoii
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk