BOLLYWOOD

Topic locked
BOLLYWOOD Jan 29, 2009
Do you like Hindi movies?

We know that bollywood is one of the biggest film industries all over the world with an global audience.

WHats your favorite bollywood movie?

Skyper
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 09, 2009
I need to confess, getting hooked with Hindi films as part of my movie marathon. I already overcome the challege of reading English subtitles while watching- Its been a good practice! :lol:

Not to mention the usual 3 hours duration of each film... Initially I thought movie is almost over, suprised thats it's only d intermission! :o

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Veer-Zara, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Faana and so much more! Haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire though :(
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 09, 2009
75% of the indian movies are exact copy of Hollywood. Y waste 3 hours of your life? just watch the hollywood version for 1 hour and 30 minutes and you are sorted :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2009
I am a fan of foreign films but I hate Hindi movies. It's not because of anything to do with the country or the culture but I can't bear all the singing and dancing. I don't have anything against a well-made musical. But these are not musicals. They are normal movies that have these songs and dances injected in them for no apparent reason. They have no role in the plot, do nothing to enrich the story and usually aren't even very good. It seems that they just lengthen the movie and make me lose interest. Does this bother anyone else but me?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 10, 2009
Thats probally one of the reasons I've stopped watching hindi movies, I can't take the bloody song and dance routine. Although I never watched one at the cinema. Still hate them for having to use my remote to forward the idiotic songs after every 5 mins.

I think the last one I saw was 7 or 8 years back when on of my friends dragged me to see one at the cinema. Not having the ability to fast forward the songs and having to sit through them scarred me for life and I haven't watched one since !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 22, 2009
I like hindi movies.
"sing is king, murder,hera pheri." are my favorite movies.
obituary07
Dubai Forums Member

May 31, 2009
My biggest Indian viewing movie moment was DEVDAS w/Ash, Madhuri, and Shahrukh Khan. Okay I sat through 1.5 hr and thought "oh how sad, we've past the climax and soon it will be over." Ummm NO!!! It went on for another agonizing 1.5 hr.

I was so sick of Khan's character drinking himself over Ash. Hello? It was his fault but the loser pines over her because OMG she ends up with someone else. He dumped her. What did he expect? She would stand in the wings loving him from a distance..... chaste till old age loving him spiritually and eternally? Get real, Devdas (Khan). Then beautiful Madhuri loves him but he doesn't care. My God, this is Madhuri Dixit. She's gorgeous and loves him but no!! No!!! Devdas is so stupid. I wanted DEVDAS to die. I didn't want Devdas to die in the 1.5 hour but my goodness after 3 hours of torture, I was so happy when Devdas died because it meant the movie was over. I had no pity for his character....no pity. He could have had Ash or Madhuri.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 02, 2009
I like hindi movies.
But i would like to see some of the best movie.
I wanted to create for personal collection.
liposuctionguide
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk