Apr 12, 2008
I love this one girl and she loves me, we want to get married. I proposed the girls hand in marriage from her family for marriage but they refused because I speak Punjabi and she speaks Urdu. According to their standards I meet all the requirments except for the fact that I do not speak their language. We decided to get married, since she is a virgin \she needs the permission from her gaurdian but he refused. We got married and had it done in urdu but there are no witnesses....
1. is this marriage contract legal?
2. her family has not accepted the marriage, what should we do?
3. if this marriage contract is legal, could we also get divorced without witnesses?
4. we had oral sex, but there was no penatration. how long after the divorce will she have to wait until she can remarry?
In the name of Allah:
1. If she is mature then she can be married without the parental consent.
2. You have to convince the parents and have some of the wiser people in your are involved.
3. In the Shia religion, you are allowed to divorce her but it must be made known to the public that you are indeed divorced.
4. There is no need for waiting since there was no penetration.
And peace and blessings be with you.
(According to Mohammad Hussain Fadil Allah)
- Dubai Forums Zealot
- Posts: 4879
- Location: dar el 7ay