Request Work In Dubai

Topic locked
Hayley Smith Apr 11, 2008
Hayley Smith
hayley.smith87@hotmail.com
kirlywurly@googlemail.com
DOB: 01/12/1987

I am a very creative person, always interested in art, design, photography, illustration but especially fashion. My interest in fashion started at a young age and even though I have been studying Graphic Design for the past three years my love of fashion shows through at every opportunity.
As a person I am quite confident and very polite. I had to overcome a serious illness when I was younger which has made me strong willed and determined to achieve what I want in life. As I have grown up I have also found that I am quite a laid back person and this means I can cope well when put under pressure.
Experience

River island, ashford march 2008- present
At River Island I am involved with Ladieswear, Ladies footwear and operatons. Again, I am in direct contact with customers developing my customer service skills.

Customer advisor, dsgi ltd (pc world), ashford oct 2006- March 2008
At this position I am expected to give world class customer service which includes professionalism, efficiency, helpfulness and friendliness. My primary duty is sales but I have also built up skills in merchandising and customer communication (such as giving advice, processing returns etc). Within PC World the emphasis is put on working as a team and I feel that I am someone that my colleagues can come to when they need to ask advice and I can also be relied on and trusted when carrying out a task. I have learnt a lot at PC world, I feel that it has made me more confident and broadened my range of abilities, especially my communication skills. I feel that I want to move on because my heart lies within the fashion world and selling computers is not for me.

Sales assistant, twinmar ltd (soled out) ashford designer outlet may 2005- oct 2006
Here, I was expected to carry out tasks under instruction. My main role was to serve customers and I was also entrusted with certain responsibilities such as when new colleagues joined the team I had to train them. I left Soled Out because I felt I was under appreciated.

Education
UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH, CANTERBURY, KENT I will graduate from a 2 year HND course studying Graphic Design and Advertising in June 2008.
CANTERBURY COLLEGE, CANTERBURY, KENT SEP 2004- JUNE 2006 I graduated with a BTEC National Diploma in Graphic Design with a final grade of Distinction, Distinction, Merit.
HIGHWORTH GRAMMAR SCHOOL FOR GIRLS SEP 1999- JULY 2004 I left school with 1 A grade and 9 C grades at GCSE level.

Skills
Merchandising
Security
Communication- building up a rapport with customers and mixing within a team.
Design- My prominent design background means I have an eye for layout and detail.
Working with a apple mac. Using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Can also use MSword.

I would be interested in all types of work that my skills will suit. I would also be interested in working in events or PR.

I am currently located in the UK and I am a British citizen and would be able to obtain a visa.

kirlywurly
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai