BAYT

Topic locked
BAYT Feb 01, 2009
Has anybody had exp with these guys, I have just paid 178euros for an
updated CV and cover letter. Have I been scammed? Or are they good?

Regards,

Crewingb. :roll: :roll:

crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 01, 2009
Never heard of them but you paid 900 Dirhams for someone to write your resume for you? Sheet!

Hope you get a good job out of it.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 01, 2009
178 euro....what a nutter. :tard:

Can't think of paying that much money for a CV. Is it written in gold??

Wake up Crewingb. Don't be screwed by these companies. Find a good example on the internet and you'll manage to properly brew one yourself.

talking about brewing something.....pssssssttt.....time for a Heineken :drunken:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 02, 2009
Your right Robbyg. I've been screwed!
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 02, 2009
BAYT, the site and jobs its self are okay. They are a very old/ long running and well respected site. I used to get a lot of legitimate contacts through this site.

The additional CV writing service ... Well, that remains to be seen! This seems to be a third-party service.

The Labour Law is quiet strict regarding costs of recruitment and employees, however what they have done has nothing to do with this, they have offered a service and you have accepted their terms and conditions.

They have not stated by paying the money that you will be guaranteed placement!

Why did you think you had to have your CV re-written?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 02, 2009
Desperation! There is no jobs in Europe I have been made redundant after nearly eight years in aviation, so yes desperation to get a job!

I have already seen the cover letter they have written for me and it is really good!

But yes desperation! :roll:
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 02, 2009
crewingb wrote:Desperation! There is no jobs in Europe I have been made redundant after nearly eight years in aviation, so yes desperation to get a job!

I have already seen the cover letter they have written for me and it is really good!

But yes desperation! :roll:

What sort of work do you do in aviation?
Glad they provided a good cover letter for you.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 02, 2009
That I can empathise with.

I hope they are able to do you justice, I have found in general the grammar and language usage in the region to be poor - not that mine is great in any event.

I also feel that a third party cv, while probably 100% factually correct fails to covey any of the essence of the person.

Just a comment.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 02, 2009
At the end of the day you've still got the interview to deal with. Good luck finding a job, just make sure you know the resume word for word so you're not caught out.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 02, 2009
Hi Guys,

Thks and Yes I hope I get to the interview stage! Things are looking so bad out there. I am a crew planning supervisor, in charge of the rosters of flt crew and rostering staff. All together I have 12yrs exp in aviation but
unfortunalty it's not the business to be in right now.

Regards,

Crewingb. :wink:
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 03, 2009
Write your own CV. Or give me 100 euros and I'll do it :). What dxbsoul said about not writing it yourself is quite right though.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 04, 2009
Its a honest site and I got few interview calls through them. But I am not sure about their CV writing service. Personally speaking, I will never let anybody to write my CV..I would rather do it myself. companies dont look for fancy words or a dramatic cover letter. Just plain facts with clarity should do enough to land u to the interview stage.

Anyway as you paid already, no use in crying over it now. Just keep on applyingand you may strike a good deal soon..good luck
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 04, 2009
Thanks Mayflower :oops: :roll: I propbably made a big mistake paying
for that service, but hey live and learn!
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 05, 2009
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 05, 2009
Hi Dxbsoul,

Yep had a look of that, nothing there to suit my skills, they are all looking
for Engineering planning skills not crew planning.

Thanks for that anyway.

Brgds,
Crewingb. :lol:
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 24, 2009
crewingb wrote:Thanks Mayflower :oops: :roll: I propbably made a big mistake paying
for that service, but hey live and learn!

BAYT is more known for secretarial jobs and they are one of the few remaining reputed recruitment consultants in Dubai, on a positive note try talking to your contact at Bayt to understand the alternative positions available to you. maybe, look at diversifying for a change until you ride this depressing recession storm.

I am not surprised at the quality of the cover letter, considering the huge database of CV's built up over the years. good luck
obama
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai