England 17 France 9!

Topic locked
England 17 France 9! Feb 26, 2011
Swing low, sweet chariot!
Coming for to carry me home
Swing low, sweet chariot!

BM has her Union Jack knickers on! C'mon the lads!

Well i have just watched the match, Started of with a cup of tea and soon resorted to the Chardonnay! The boys done good!
I was quite excited during the first half, just quite but not very. This game is very rough and not really to BM's liking who prefers footie! It reminded her of DF! BM was Ashton! Flying thro the air like a swallow and DDS was Sebastian Chabal, a big ugly looking bugger! LOL

Anyways the first half was over and I can't remember the score :drunken: and then we get the second half! Ashton scored!!! It was disallowed! WTF says BM? It was then explained that the ball can't be passed backwards! EH? I hadn't realised this before! His beautiful swallow dive was for nothing! Whatever!

I did notice that the England players all changed their shirts during half time and the French lads didn't! C'mon you foreigners please keep up appearances!

Anyways as the second half progressed BM noticed that the O2 symbol on the lads shirts was running! Sack the sponser! We deserve better than that!"!!!!

Someone came off and that Jonny Wilkinson came on! He scored! That will do for BM!

The camera went to Prince Harry! He had a flat cap on with the George Cross on! I love that man! A ginger with suspect parentage! How exciting is that????

Anyways we beat the Frenchies! LOL.
Swing low sweet chariot!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: England 17 France 9! Mar 01, 2011
Thank Alah for 6 nations rubgy and beer.
I was meant to be skiing but spent the weekend confined to indoors, whilst a blizzard raged outside.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the game also BM.
The passion of these teams makes for a great rugby match
(and I like seeing the French get all worked up, only to lose as they generally do).
Ireland Scotland was another good one. 21-18 to Ireland.
Super 15 rugby was the other competition that kept me sane, although my team, the Reds, were thrashed in the local derby.
And to finish the weekend off, St George Dragons beat Wigan in the rugby league, well I assume they did because they were well ahead when I passed out.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Where've you been ben? That sounds like my kind of weekend without the skiing.
Bethsmum

I went to Lebanon (Mzaar) BM. Not sure if I'd go back. Went to Iran (Dizin) last year. Better snow, friendlier people, cheaper, ... but no grog.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: England 17 France 9! Mar 02, 2011
Somehow I can never get my head around snow in the ME, although I lived in Cyprus and we had snow in Troodos. Watching Jeremy Bowen report from Libya today, I thought, why has he got a coat on? Look at that blue sky! :drunken:

No good skiing without apres ski, ben, although i don't do the ski bit.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum