American Football Vs Kickball - Which Sport Do You Prefer?

Topic locked

American Football vs. Football

American Football
25%
Soccer, also known as Kickball
75%
I (dis)enjoy both equally
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 4

American Football vs Kickball - which sport do you prefer? Apr 26, 2011
Americans have been tolerant toward other peoples when it comes to sports. But I think the truth should finally be told: Soccer (what we call kickball) was invented by European housewives to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.

You might also want to check this link out for a reality check:

http://www.soccersucks.net/

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: American Football vs Kickball - which sport do you prefe Apr 26, 2011
erm it's FOOTBALL! NOT Soccer or Kickball! Who the heck calls it that?

American football is gay, it's lame, the pansies have to wear padding.

You missed of the real mans game of RUGBY!

Americans have been tolerant of others sports? Oh please don't make me laugh. They took proper sports and made them rubbish, I mean take baseball, for us that's a game for girls called 'Rounders'.

Your question is flawed, because clearly you don't know any proper sports.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocs, I dare you to try lacrosse or hockey :twisted:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Cool, you can use that argument if I were comparing American football to Rugby ... but I'm not.

I see you haven't argued in favor of soccer. I guess that says it all, amirite?

event horizon

kanelli wrote:Chocs, I dare you to try lacrosse or hockey :twisted:

LOL I was a mean Hockey player at school K - loved the game, forgot about that one and ice-hockey is vicious!

@EH, FOOTBALL used to be the beautiful game, now it's marred by hooligans and idiots and players that could win an Oscar for their performances of pain if another player even comes near them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Why do they call it American Football anyways? American sports involve mainly hands and arms . A ball should be kicked! I like sports with constant action, or at least something to watch. Many years ago I was invited to a watch the Super Bowl. There is action for 5 seconds and than minutes nothing. YAWN. Football (the real kind), ice-hockey and basketball provide much more watching pleasure.
Every four years the World Cup Football provides friendships and coming together worldwide.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:Why do they call it American Football anyways? American sports involve mainly hands and arms . A ball should be kicked! I like sports with constant action, or at least something to watch. Many years ago I was invited to a watch the Super Bowl. There is action for 5 seconds and than minutes nothing. YAWN. Football (the real kind), ice-hockey and basketball provide much more watching pleasure.
Every four years the World Cup Football provides friendships and coming together worldwide.

And much drinking of beer and cheering.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Basketball is great! American Football does have some kicking in it, for field goals.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Only reason I like american sports is due to this --->

Any further questions ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: American Football vs Kickball - which sport do you prefe Apr 27, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:Why do they call it American Football anyways? American sports involve mainly hands and arms . A ball should be kicked! I like sports with constant action, or at least something to watch. Many years ago I was invited to a watch the Super Bowl. There is action for 5 seconds and than minutes nothing. YAWN. Football (the real kind), ice-hockey and basketball provide much more watching pleasure.

1) Does the same apply for rugb as it does for American Football (I've never watched a game of rugby, so I don't know)?

2) For me, watching soccer is like watching ants roam around outside.

3) The 'action' in soccer is mostly wasted energy. There's a lot of kicking the ball back and forth that typically leads nowhere.

4) I don't know why American Football is called football. I think to avoid the confusion, soccer should be renamed Kickball.
event horizon

Re: American Football vs Kickball - which sport do you prefe Apr 27, 2011
event horizon wrote:

1) Does the same apply for rugb as it does for American Football (I've never watched a game of rugby, so I don't know)?

2) For me, watching soccer is like watching ants roam around outside.

3) The 'action' in soccer is mostly wasted energy. There's a lot of kicking the ball back and forth that typically leads nowhere.

4) I don't know why American Football is called football. I think to avoid the confusion, soccer should be renamed Kickball.

1)-Dunno Either

2)-That is the case cause you don't understand the concept , what you said at (3) made me believe that.

3)-That what you call Wasting energy is actually building the right momentum and finding the right spot to
make an impact , there are many reasons to keep possession i cant explain all :\

4)-LOL @ Kickball

Anyway why compare sports ? everyone will have their opinion this discussion will lead no where.Every sport is good in their own way.
skullslasher
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum